Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Love the pictures! It looks much better with the giant spiders and creatures than it did when I was testing it in geomod...
    Yeah, i'd imagine the vanilla English knights looking out of place.

The settlement was actually intended for the spider-like Gohma to attack the Oocca inside of it. The cinematics show the Oocca fighting the Gohma inside of the city. I kind of tried to play that battle.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Hello, Mr_Nygren,

I must be honest all the changes and improvements are masterpieces certainly. This mod became a never thing thanks to you, bro. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello, Mr_Nygren,

I must be honest all the changes and improvements are masterpieces certainly. This mod became a never thing thanks to you, bro. Well done!
    Thanks a lot man! I really enjoyed playing it back in 2012-2014- and wanted to play a better version of it now. So the goal has been to make it as "completed" as possible before playing it. Of course i weren't satisfied with the older releases and had to update the mod again after playing it to fix things in the mod- and certain things such as the Sky City had been left gathering dust because i lack the skill to work with it and such.

Fortunately Makayane helped me out. It were already created, but making it playable still was a lot of work to do for Makayane.

Without her it would certainly never have been made functional.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 10, 2019 at 09:59 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Some recent updates since sunday:

Makayane's Sky City strat-model has been finished!

"Makayane did create this strat-model for the Sky City- i am now about to implement it to my version of HTW:CU.

The mod still isn't ready as i will myself need to add some final heroes, create a few unit cards and after that nerf the Oocca a bit."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old Demise" Moblin Capital fixed by Makayane - the gate now works as intended.

"Makayane over at TWC helped me fix the issue with the gate not working when besieging or defending the "Old Demise" custom settlement from Hyrule Total War, and created by the Undying Nephalim.

The gate had the problem where it would switch side to the attacker as soon as the attacker stationed troops outside of it. There where also some patfinding issues, due to some buildings on the path to the city. Makayane has fixed these issues for HTW where the city is used as the capital of the Moblins"

Shadow Temple Stalfos Capital is added as a fort to the mod!

"I've added the Stalfos Shadow Temple capital as a fort to the mod. And it will feel like it's underground if you have the camera a bit above the ground, just like Neph had made it- if you are inside the Temple it's fine to zoom in on the ground. But outside it's not advisable.

Still, i've also fixed the ground outside of the settlement so it's no longer black."

Ground textures no longer black outside of the Shadow Temple!

"I've replaced the black textures with vanilla ones outside of the Shadow Temple, but they will only be seen when zoomed-in on the ground outside.

There won't be a black square on the ground anymore."

Edit:

I've done some additional work during the day:

1. Horon now starts with Holly as well. It's no longer held by Horon Rebels as it would be taken by the Subrosians anyway. I did feel that Horon could use two cities at the start of the game, seeing as how the Tokay and the Zuna got an additional region previously. And the Subrosian have three regions even though one doesn't count if the AI is playing as them. The three units that were a rebel garrison has become soldiers/mystics of Horon.

2. I've re-implemented Civilians through the Civilian script for the player only when playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule or as the Horonians. The Kingdom of Hyrule will get one unit of Civilians whenever their settlements are under siege and the player is playing as them. The Horonians will get everything from one to five civilian units when their settlements are under siege. The script is only for the player and will not activate when the AI is attacking the AI- or when the player is attacking the AI.

It's a unique feature if you play as Hyrule or Horon only. Implementing it for the player when attacking would have been cool- but there are too many potential issues with that. Enjoy playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule though, or as the Horonians- a faction originally intended to have a unit of civilians. The script will work without any CTD-issues and i've playtested it to make sure of that. Yes, adding it to Horon when attacking their cities would be interesting- it may be done but maybe not -we'll see.

3. The Deku Monkeys are now regionals from the region/settlement of Turongo- held by Deku Monkey rebels. If you conquer the settlement you will be able to recruit them in your army unless you play as the Gohma, the Stalfos or Majora.

PS: Any dirty textures on the models of the pictures below are to be fixed in the release, as i had tested to remove three "dirt"-textures from the Overlaytextures folder to find out if the models would look better or not- they ended up worse. I've restored these files now so they won't be dirty like on the pics.

I've also reduced the number of spawned Civilians from certain cities from 10 full units with 251 in each, to 5 full units with 251 in each- this means 100 in the EDU.

I'm currently deciding on if i should keep these changes, or if i should lower the number from 100 to 50 in the EDU instead. Actually that's what i have done, but i did the first stuff prior- then decided not to save the changes and edited the EDU instead -i'm thinking ten spawns are better than five due to the player being able to place them on more locations in the city by doing so. And reducing the number of actual civilians in each unit to prevent them from spreading too far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.19.02.74.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.36.28.47.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.43.53.88.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.45.06.50.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.09.49.74.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.09.54.08.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.19.00.73.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.19.08.06.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.22.17.62.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.23.45.18.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 12, 2019 at 01:06 PM.

- The Havamal

New release as of 2019-12-18!

Article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...rsion-released

Download:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-final-version

Additional changes not previewed earlier in the thread:

Moblin Children implemented as civilians for the Moblins!

The Moblins will need to protect their kids, or the Hylians might kill them all- a feature only for the player if playing as the Moblins.

Tetra Zelda V is no longer a custom battle hero, and the same is true for Linbeck by the way.

Lanayru Civilians implemented and working perfectly!

I've implemented the civilians for the Lanayru Province from the 4.6 files, and they work just like with the Moblin Kids, and the Hylian Civilians- defensive battles for the player only when playing as the Lanayru Province.

I've also made them work better in the mod, as they do now stand their ground and won't route tot he same spot as everyone else- i'm going to change the stats for the Hylian/Moblin civs as well as i prefer them standing and dying where they are instead of running to the same location because they broke and dying in one single location. They will have some stats and won't die immediately. Their morale will be increased from 0 to 9.

Also, i've removed the Princess Zelda 1 for the Sheikah in the custom battles to make room for this unit in the campaign.

I've made new unit/unit_info cards for all the civs.

I've changed the victory conditions for all the minor factions in the mod- such as the Tokay, the Horonians, the Zuna, the Subrosian and the Huskus.

Expect the minor factions to have way easier victory conditions. It isn't a bug if one of them is almost about to "conquer" the known world at the start of the campaign lol.

The Oocca has been nerfed- they don't start with much of an army, and their stats are now bad enough for them to be beatable. They are still strong and will become too strong if you let them. They need 100 in their religion before they can recruit any troops- so they are the weakest in the early game.

The Majora faction has been nerfed in the sense they also need certain religious requisites to recruit units, but unlike the Oocca the levels required are varied- as they do not have great priestesses. The numbers of their units have been changed to be like the Oocca- so expect stronger Majora demons.

Queen Laruto with her Aquamarine bodyguard has been implemented from the Great Sea: Total War demo made by the Undying Nephalim.

[SPOILER]

She has an Aquamarine bodyguard with the more recent Great Sea version.

New Scripts in addition to many improved or enhanced scripts:

;########################## Civilians#############################
    ;########################## Forced Alliances##############################
    ;########################## King Dodongo ##############################
    ;########################## Majora ##############################
    ;########################## Ghirahim ##############################
    ;########################## Dethl & Deadhand ##############################
    ;########################## Stallord ##############################
    ;########################## Trinexx, Lord of Turtle Rock ##############################
    ;########################## Sulkaris Restored ##############################
    ;########################## Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants ##############################
    ;########################## Mahgxai ##############################

;########################## Mercenary Tsume ############################## ;########################## Koume and Kotake ##############################

Credits:

Main Mod - Undying Nephalim.

Submod - Mr_Nygren

Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.

Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.

Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.

Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 20, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

- The Havamal

olipro's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Mr_Nygren, what you have done is one of the best things that happened to the Total War modding world.
    I lost all hope to see this amazing mod to be patched and debugged since it has been abandonned, and I have discovered this version a few months ago. I play it every night now.
    A million of "thank you".
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Quote Originally Posted by olipro View Post
    Mr_Nygren, what you have done is one of the best things that happened to the Total War modding world.
    I lost all hope to see this amazing mod to be patched and debugged since it has been abandonned, and I have discovered this version a few months ago. I play it every night now.
    A million of "thank you".
    Thanks man, it's appreciated- some people are ungrateful so i really appreciate people like you!

The mod is awesome, and was already awesome before my submod despite being more buggy and unfinished- i couldn't be satisfied with how it were and needed to utilize the resources in order to make a better and more playable version of the mod. I wanted to play the best version possible of the old HTW mod.

One thing i find fascinating in this mod in particular is how the AI will always attack with huge armies and no matter how many you defeat they always seem to throw in more- making this a very hard mod -with lots of Total War. Glad you enjoy!

- The Havamal

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678