Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

Fascism wasn't necessarily a bad thing back then, it was viewed as bulwark from communism (which actually already generated a huge death-toll in Russia) and way to re-establish Germany's position as a superpower. Truth is, we can't really blame Germans for voting NSDAP, since they had no way of predicting that Hitler would what he did in 40s, hell, even the man himself didn't.

Fascism countered totalitarianism with totalitarianism. As for a "bulwark against Communism" invading the USSR hardly did that. Germans could very easily have predicted what Hitler might do, if only they listened to him - which they did. Fascism is dangerous, the left generally realised this, the centre caught on too late, and the right often colluded.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Left was no less dangerous then the right, and center left/right was too inept and corrupt to attract major support. As Napoleon himself phrased it (or so Waterloo movie did lol) "The crown was lying in the gutter and I picked it up".
    Of course, Germans had no means of predicting what NSDAP policies would have led to. But let's admit it - neither would NSDAP leadership. The sheer scale of atrocities committed by Lenin and Trotsky against the Russians have pushed the pendulum of public opinion in Europe to the right.
    The only way to prevent that was to provide more support to White Army in Russian Civil War, then both regimes and their atrocities could have been avoided altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Center-right and SPD have clearly not been good parties to vote for, since they didn't address the issues (or aimed at worsening them) that NSDAP addressed - lack of employment, poor economy, Versailles Treaty, oppression of ethnic Germans in German regions occupied by newly-created nation-states, etc. Nobody knew of Hitler's "intentions", perhaps including the man himself. However, again, there was plenty of evidence of communist atrocities against the Russian population, and everyone knew how corrupt SPD or center-right parties would be.
    So what got NSDAP elected was the tremendous shock, caused by Lenin's war crimes in Russia, in combination with general lack of competence of SPD and other Weimar parties of that time.
    He had laid them out in print and speeches, you could claim not to believe, claiming not to know was a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by justicar5 View Post
    He had laid them out in print and speeches, you could claim not to believe, claiming not to know was a stretch.
    His speeches were rather generic, plus let's be honest, if we replace a few terms and names in a text of a typical mid-XX century massive politician, we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Hitler, Churchill, Stalin or Roosevelt.

This fascism, and Hitler "apolagism", is vomiting inducing.

Acknowledging the fact that other powers were also bad and that history isn't black&white is vomit-inducing tho those that seek to ignore it, and ultimately repeat it. Hence why we have globalism today, which presents a similar threat as fascism.

His speeches were rather generic, plus let's be honest, if we replace a few terms and names in a text of a typical mid-XX century massive politician, we wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Hitler, Churchill, Stalin or Roosevelt.
    not even a little bit. his 'Why we are anti-Semites' speech was blatant for a start, his speech at the 1927 nuremburg rally was explicit in calling for the invasion of the east, those are two easy to google examples.

Meh, the only reason we view Hitler today as worse evil is because... he was targeting mostly white people (Jews in Europe were essentially white). Britain starved millions of natives in India, I'm not even talking about what US did before and during the war, as well as internal policies of "democratic" Allies also were based upon racial segregation and eugenics. Hell, even here in Canada we stopped sterilizing people with autism in 1970s, if not later. So despite all the "freedom" bruhaha Allies and Axis were very similar to each other.

Meh, the only reason we view Hitler today as worse evil is because... he was targeting mostly white people (Jews in Europe were essentially white). Britain starved millions of natives in India, I'm not even talking about what US did before and during the war, as well as internal policies of "democratic" Allies also were based upon racial segregation and eugenics. Hell, even here in Canada we stopped sterilizing people with autism in 1970s, if not later. So despite all the "freedom" bruhaha Allies and Axis were very similar to each other.
    While there is undoubtedly an element of racism involved, I think we are safe to say that rounding people up, shipping them in train cars, stripping them, killing the children first since they couldn't work, starving and working them to near death, gassing them, and throwing them into ovens after their bodies had been broken down for any useful materials is pretty much right up there in terms of human evil. The racial component is because "we" white people did it to ourselves and we know it best. Pol Pot was equally bad if not worse but we just don't know that situation as directly.

It was using the tools of mass production, but aimed at extermination which make this a special kind of calculated evil that stands out in a human history of many evils.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

There were already refugees from Russia who told everyone the horrors of Red Terror and Lenin's policies. It is important to understand, that for Europe of that time, Bolshevik USSR was what ISIS is to an average Westerner today. Hitler was just the product of his time, Weimar republic was a failure, if it wasn't for NSDAP some other p[arty with similar views would arise.
    But the Spanish Civil War changed everything. Since the USSR was the only European nation to directly support Republican Spain, many Europeans saw the Soviets as defenders of civilization.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Praeses

There were already refugees from Russia who told everyone the horrors of Red Terror and Lenin's policies.
    Indeed but in the wake of WWI there was widespread disillusionment with propaganda: people had been told the Germans were raping nuns and nailing kittens to church doors across Belgium, and harangued every day about the necessity of sacrifice because victory was just around the corner. There was also counter propaganda showing the Soviet Union was a worker's paradise, alongside the anti-red propaganda.

That said, the success of the Bolsheviks was a terrifying shock for Europe and Moscow replaced Paris as the locus of political fear.

It is important to understand, that for Europe of that time, Bolshevik USSR was what ISIS is to an average Westerner today.
    More so as the Bolsheviks had taken over most of a great Empire and massacred a great deal of the elite.

Hitler was just the product of his time,
    ...the most wretched and self destructive product though.

Weimar republic was a failure, if it wasn't for NSDAP some other p[arty with similar views would arise.
    The world system had failed dramatically as early globalisation and an absence of regulation (thanks Coolidge) spread the Depression into the US's debtors. Certainly other parties vied for power in Weimar but few had the practiced mix of criminality and illogical emotional rhetoric to match the Nazis: only the Communists could rally similar support but they faced international opposition and bad press.

Hitler failed in the early 1920's, as did the communists in Germany: the German people recovered from the devastation of defeat despite the cruel blows of Versaille without resorting to their extremism. It was the Depression that gave life to his evil party as International Capitalism nearly self destructed.

The Nazis were rats that seized power with illegal and unconstitutional methods. They lacked the strength or support to do so in times of peace and relative stability, it was only the Depression that driver people to allow their desperate measures a look in and even then the only garnered about a third of the popular vote. The Army and fears of the social and financial elite let them in the door, the Nazis were too weak to actually seize power themselves.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    You might remember the "National Policy Institute" meeting in Washington last week, which ended with Nazi salutes. Some of those same idiots are scheduled to speak at Texas A&M University in early December. These guys aren't just white nationalists or even white supremacists. With the swastika tattoos and Nazi salutes, they are definitely neo-nazis.

Sheesh, what the hell is wrong with these people? They are almost invariably young, white, angry males. They need a hobby. I'm a relatively young, white, kinda happy male partially because I have a hobby. I cook.

Most students groups have condemned them. One of the professors in my department submitted something to the local newspaper. He specializes in German history. The gist of it is these neo-nazis have the right to speak but everybody else has a right to protest and nobody has to listen to them.

http://www.theeagle.com/opinion/colu...NhhEQ.facebook

I also remember that the Westboro Baptist Church tried to protest a military funeral in the area in 2012. Enough A&M students and alumni showed up that the WBC decided it was best to stay away. In 2014, the WBC actually did show up on campus. They were so outnumbered that their message got drowned out by yell practice. http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-dail...yell-practice/

I'm kinda hoping this happens to the scumbags. I hate Illinois Nazis...

Discussion: At which point would you classify white supremacists as neo-nazis? I ask because Europeans might have a different measurement standard than North Americans.

They were so outnumbered that their message got drowned out by yell practice.
    ...and they call this democracy. It seems that democracy has become mobocracy.

And a question: Correct me if I'm wrong, but White "supremacists" in the US go by the 14 words, which are "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." Now, if black people were to say this, everyone would go "awwwwwwww". Same for every other race. But when it is said by white people, everyone screams "RACIST!!!! FASCIST!!!!" etc. Why? Shouldn't white people have a future?
    Last edited by ioannis76; December 10, 2016 at 03:12 PM.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    ...and they call this democracy. It seems that democracy has become mobocracy.
    Yell practice is basically rehearsing the university cheer and fight song. It was the appropriate response to WBC. As you can see in the link below, it's loud but distinctly non-threatening. I remember how the WBC also protested outside the San Diego Comic Con a few years back. The counter-protest that formed alongside it was hilarious. It wasn't violent or angry. Just a collection of sci-fi geeks carrying signs with slogans such as "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!" and "glory to the hypnotoad."

And a question: Correct me if I'm wrong, but White "supremacists" in the US go by the 14 words, which are "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." Now, if black people were to say this, everyone would go "awwwwwwww". Same for every other race. But when it is said by white people, everyone screams "RACIST!!!! FASCIST!!!!" etc. Why? Shouldn't white people have a future?
    http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/ha.../14-words.html

When white supremacists use the 14-word phrase, they're operating on the supposition that whites will be driven to extinction by other races unless steps are taken to curb immigration, miscegenation, and other such things. It's kinda crazy, and there's usually a swastika or Confederate flag in the background. Plus those "fourteen words" were created by a violent, murderous white supremacist.
    Last edited by IronBrig4; December 10, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

When white supremacists use the 14-word phrase, they're operating on the supposition that whites will be driven to extinction by other races unless steps are taken to curb immigration, miscegenation, and other such things. It's kinda crazy, and there's usually a swastika or Confederate flag in the background. Plus those "fourteen words" were created by a violent, murderous white supremacist.
    Those are all suppositions that you have made either on their behalf or about them. That is literally the worst thing to do before starting a dialogue.
    Why the double standard? Those same suppositions wouldn't be projected on a black supremacist for example. What is it in having low levels of melanin in the skin that causes white people to be judged so much more harshly? That is the definition of a racist action: to judge an individual or group differently based solely on what you perceive to be his/her/their race.

Race is a fundamentally stupid idea to be dismissed, not reinforced by these silly suppositions.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Yell practice is basically rehearsing the university cheer and fight song. It was the appropriate response to WBC. As you can see in the link below, it's loud but distinctly non-threatening. I remember how the WBC also protested outside the San Diego Comic Con a few years back. The counter-protest that formed alongside it was hilarious. It wasn't violent or angry. Just a collection of sci-fi geeks carrying signs with slogans such as "SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!" and "glory to the hypnotoad."

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/ha.../14-words.html

It's one thing when it's practiced in a football field, in the name of good fun and support for the team and all, but when someone has something to say/debate I don't think that it's the best practice. If nothing else, at least for me, it sends me the message that the person practicing yelling has no arguments whatsoever, regardless of sides.

they're operating on the supposition that whites will be driven to extinction by other races unless steps are taken to curb immigration, miscegenation, and other such things.
    Won't they? I mean, muslims themselves say that this is their goal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquXlQTBWOo
    and here, more official:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8PCKVVxcE
    And still, I have yet to become enlightened about the benefits of multicultural societies. Unless, of course one considers huge crime rates, especially in violent crime, as a benefit.

It's kinda crazy, and there's usually a swastika or Confederate flag in the background.
    Yes, this is actually stupid on their part, and it actually puts off many people. It's as if they're trying to look tough and in the process ruin what they want to say. In fact, if they knew some history, they would know that Hitler had no problem with muslims (in fact he made brigades consisting of muslims in some countries), and that his practice of genocide was in fact inspired by a muslim (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk) whom he considered his teacher.
    Islam and nazism are not mutually exclusive, on the contrary they fit perfectly.

Plus those "fourteen words" were created by a violent, murderous white supremacist
    And what does that prove? Even the worst man could say something that is true and has some value. Just because an evil man said that white children must have a future, this means that white children must not have one? If a Somali rapist in Sweden says that black children must have a future, does this mean that we have to deprive black children of a future?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    It's one thing when it's practiced in a football field, in the name of good fun and support for the team and all, but when someone has something to say/debate I don't think that it's the best practice. If nothing else, at least for me, it sends me the message that the person practicing yelling has no arguments whatsoever, regardless of sides.
    The WBC had previously tried to picket a military funeral in College Station. The point of yell practice was to drown their message out because WBC wasn't welcome.

Won't they? I mean, muslims themselves say that this is their goal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquXlQTBWOo
    and here, more official:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e8PCKVVxcE
    And still, I have yet to become enlightened about the benefits of multicultural societies. Unless, of course one considers huge crime rates, especially in violent crime, as a benefit.
    Both of those videos come from conspiracy channels. You'll always have the odd idiot who says stuff like that. I've lived in three Middle Eastern countries and my own experience tells me that most Muslims don't care. Anyways, the US is a multicultural nation and crime rates have steadily dropped since the early '90s.

In fact, if they knew some history, they would know that Hitler had no problem with muslims (in fact he made brigades consisting of muslims in some countries), and that his practice of genocide was in fact inspired by a muslim (Mustafa Kemal Ataturk) whom he considered his teacher.
    You talking about the Chechens?

And what does that prove? Even the worst man could say something that is true and has some value. Just because an evil man said that white children must have a future, this means that white children must not have one? If a Somali rapist in Sweden says that black children must have a future, does this mean that we have to deprive black children of a future?
    But white children are not being deprived of a future. White supremacists are talking about a future where their family's "racial purity" is ensured through discrimination, segregation, and even violence.

Indefinitely Banned

Having observed the conference and the behaviour of BLM and the history of african americans in CONUS i can only conclude that politically, the leadership/community leaders of the african americans are on the whole, cowards who tacitly accept the second class status of their own race and ethnicity for the chance at scraps from the table of the western world.

And in order to make themselves feel better about their acceptance of second rate citizenship, they create a mythology of afrocentric history and cry and scream and generate a ruckus if white america doesnt play along with their fantasies. Safe spaces if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Those are all suppositions that you have made either on their behalf or about them. That is literally the worst thing to do before starting a dialogue.
    Since I don't want to link to hate group sites on here, do a Google search for "Fourteen Words." You'll find links to white supremacists crying about how the white race is dying and how they need to preserve their bloodlines.

Why the double standard? Those same suppositions wouldn't be projected on a black supremacist for example. What is it in having low levels of melanin in the skin that causes white people to be judged so much more harshly? That is the definition of a racist action: to judge an individual or group differently based solely on what you perceive to be his/her/their race.
    Black supremacists don't have a history of committing domestic terrorism throughout an entire region of the US for 150 years. I was also judging white SUPREMACISTS, not whites in general.

As an aside, it's funny how historically illiterate a lot of these folks are when they say the US needs to become a white nation again. For most of US history, some populations (Irish, Italians) weren't considered white until WW2. Some Southern states had black (slave) majorities throughout most of their history. On the other end of the country, New Mexico didn't even have a white majority until 1940. The US population has always been in flux.
    Last edited by IronBrig4; December 10, 2016 at 09:43 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

so i took the liberty of wiking it up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words
    Fourteen Words is a reference to a white supremacist and white nationalist slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."[1] It can be used to refer to a different 14-word slogan: "Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth."[2]
    well i aint got a problem with ppl wanting to preserve blonde hair, blue eyes, i mean; the more doutzen kroes in the world is a good thing ja?

i say this as a non aryan man looking to pollute the white race by donating as much DNA to the White Aryan races as much as possible