Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 605

Thread: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

  1. #241
    Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Azuchi-jō Tenshu
    Posts
    22,189

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Again we are comparing Richard Spencer to actually murderers (Dylan Roof and Frenchie boy). I mean unless Richard Spencer said kill the undesirables what really is the point? So far I've only heard of him calling for a Pan Nationalist movement to create separate ethno-states. Sure a retarded idea but not that harmful.

    "Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

  2. #242

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    I wouldn't say that Oda. He is definitely hurting his brain with all the stupid he says.

  3. #243
    Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Azuchi-jō Tenshu
    Posts
    22,189

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Fair enough.
    But so long as no one else is being harmed then he can preach for all I care. It's not like there is anything we can actually do to him to make him stop, legally or morally I mean.

    "Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

  4. #244

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Like most if not all of these Alt-Right types, I think they'll find Dickie Spencer is actually very progressive.

    Homosexuality has been a part of European societies and culture for millennia. It's not going away, not something to get worked up about.
    https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/...95974666764288
    Last edited by Tiberios; February 01, 2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: disruptive

  5. #245

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    The way it works at A&M is any private citizen can rent a room so long as they pay the fees and clean up after themselves.



    The point is to show that the university and its community do not endorse or support these guys in any way, especially since they're speaking in Rudder Tower, named after a guy who fought actual Nazis. Aggies are kinda weird like that. And if our mascot barks in a classroom while class is in session, the students are dismissed. There are a lot of quirks to being an Aggie.



    Alt-right is a term coined by the culprits themselves. https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ernative-right

    Spencer describes the Alt Right as a big-tent ideology that blends the ideas of neo-reactionaries (NRx-ers), who advocate a return to an antiquated, pseudo-libertarian government that supports “traditional western civilization”; “archeofuturists,” those who advocate for a return to “traditional values” without jettisoning the advances of society and technology; human biodiversity adherents (HBDers) and “race realists,” people who generally adhere to “scientific racism”; and other extreme-right ideologies. Alt-Right adherents stridently reject egalitarianism and universalism.



    Okay, the barefoot and pregnant woman must have been a sight. We also have this one "the end is nigh" preacher who comes around campus once in a while.
    Excuse me, but since when is a link from a "fake news" site such as splcenter proof of anything? The same site was discussed in the "Liberal Tactics" thread, as a prime example of said tactics.

  6. #246

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Fair enough.
    But so long as no one else is being harmed then he can preach for all I care. It's not like there is anything we can actually do to him to make him stop, legally or morally I mean.

    Charleston Church Shooting denial.


    People have and will be harmed as a result of this ideology as you bloody well know.......


    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Excuse me, but since when is a link from a "fake news" site such as splcenter proof of anything? The same site was discussed in the "Liberal Tactics" thread, as a prime example of said tactics.
    Absolutely pants. Spencer's old website was actually called alternativeright.com. How could the link's description be fake/inaccurate, ffs?


    Last edited by mongrel; February 01, 2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

    "Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

  7. #247

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    Like most if not all of these Alt-Right types, I think they'll find Dickie Spencer is actually very progressive.

    https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/...95974666764288
    Yeah, from what I've seen about the alt-right they seem (generally) fairly OK with homosexuality - I think liberals overstate the homophobic aspect of the movement. The more hardline "anti-degenerates" and the traditionalists/reactionaries that have been pulled along in the alt-right's wake are less accepting however.

    Transgenderism is a different story, they seem to get flak from all the alt-right. But apparently deriding them is fine because it's a mental illness.
    Last edited by Tiberios; February 01, 2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Continuity
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

    - John Ball (1381)

  8. #248
    IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    6,423

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    http://www.cracked.com/blog/time-out...ch-them-right/

    Spencer wants impressionable kids. Here's an article about his efforts to recruit college students. "I think you do need to get them while they are young." Or listen to the journalists who have gone to alt-right conferences and found a lot of young, angry white kids. White kids who are worried because they can't find a job that pays okay, who are lonely because they're no good with women. Here's a former white supremacist talking about how he was angry all the time when he was a kid -- at his family, at school, at life. These are not happy people.

    Btw, the SPLC is a civil rights and labor rights group that works closely with the FBI. It has its controversies like every other organization but you would be hard-pressed to find a similar group that is more respected in the US and beyond.
    Last edited by Tiberios; February 01, 2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Off topic posting

    Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

  9. #249
    Harith's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Fair enough.
    But so long as no one else is being harmed then he can preach for all I care. It's not like there is anything we can actually do to him to make him stop, legally or morally I mean.
    Of course there is. Both legally and especially morally. At the very least, he could be choked out of his speaking platforms at public institutions and to blacklist him for other credible private institutions as a voluntary list for those who do not want to aid in spreading his vile and demented ideas.

  10. #250

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Btw, the SPLC is a civil rights and labor rights group that works closely with the FBI.
    They do a good job protecting us from hateful extremists like Maajid Nawaz, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Ben Carson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  11. #251
    IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    6,423

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    They do a good job protecting us from hateful extremists like Maajid Nawaz, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Ben Carson.
    Like I said, it has its controversies. And it removed Carson from the list a while ago. Having fourth-grade notions of US history and plain crazy ideas doesn't mean one is an extremist.

    Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

  12. #252

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    Like I said, it has its controversies. And it removed Carson from the list a while ago. Having fourth-grade notions of US history and plain crazy ideas doesn't mean one is an extremist.
    Their problem, which is related to this thread, is the demand for egregious bigotry is really outpacing the supply. Which I think is part of the reason the media has made this Spencer jackass seem relevant. If he is, it's only because they made him so, because it was nice to hit Trump with and you know, moral outrage sells. As for SPLC, nothing brings in the donations they need to maintain themselves more than promoting the belief that there are racists and homophobes and Islamophobes in every closest. Of course some are in the closest, for the same reason gays don't have to be anymore.
    Last edited by sumskilz; February 01, 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: homophones under every bed
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  13. #253
    Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cape Ann
    Posts
    13,054

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/time-out...ch-them-right/

    Spencer wants impressionable kids. Here's an article about his efforts to recruit college students. "I think you do need to get them while they are young." Or listen to the journalists who have gone to alt-right conferences and found a lot of young, angry white kids. White kids who are worried because they can't find a job that pays okay, who are lonely because they're no good with women. Here's a former white supremacist talking about how he was angry all the time when he was a kid -- at his family, at school, at life. These are not happy people.

    Btw, the SPLC is a civil rights and labor rights group that works closely with the FBI. It has its controversies like every other organization but you would be hard-pressed to find a similar group that is more respected in the US and beyond.
    *Activist* wants impressionable kids. Here's an article about her efforts to recruit college students. "I think you do need to get them while they are young." Or listen to the journalists who have gone to social justice conferences and found a lot of young, angry white kids. White kids who are worried because they can't find a job that pays okay, who are lonely because they are no good with men. Here's a former social justice activist talking about how she was angry all the time when she was a kid -- at her family, at school, at life. These are not happy people.

    The Alt Right are just obnoxious social activists. Just like social justice people. They have offensive radical views. They are a mirror of each other. One side says black lives matter more. One side says white lives matter more. One side wants women to rule. The other side wants men to rule. Everyone in the middle is like race and gender aren't really important compared to character and morality. They're the people who don't fall within the two standard deviations.

    I mean presumably most people are moderates in the first standard deviation, then some people are partisans in the second deviation, then activists are in the third deviation, then dangerous radicals are in the fourth deviation, then probably terrorists after that. Or some variation thereof.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; February 01, 2017 at 12:22 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

  14. #254

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/time-out...ch-them-right/

    Spencer wants impressionable kids. Here's an article about his efforts to recruit college students. "I think you do need to get them while they are young." Or listen to the journalists who have gone to alt-right conferences and found a lot of young, angry white kids. White kids who are worried because they can't find a job that pays okay, who are lonely because they're no good with women. Here's a former white supremacist talking about how he was angry all the time when he was a kid -- at his family, at school, at life. These are not happy people.

    Btw, the SPLC is a civil rights and labor rights group that works closely with the FBI. It has its controversies like every other organization but you would be hard-pressed to find a similar group that is more respected in the US and beyond.
    I'm curious, are left wing activists happy people?



    The average white supremacist or socialist, or whatever, you won't know of because they won't say or do anything. By definition practically someone willing to act against what they perceive as a status quo is going to be angry.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

    My shameful truth.

  15. #255

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    I think the more politically involved you are the angrier you are, because things aren't the way you know they should be. The Trump crowd were the hysterical Facebook grandmas forwarding you proof of Obama's impending enactment of socialism for the past eight years, now that mantle is to be taken up by liberals.

    The far-left and far-right are always unhappy because things are never going their way.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

    - John Ball (1381)

  16. #256
    Harith's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On The Road
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    The far-left and far-right are always unhappy because things are never going their way.
    And it's always undemocratic when they don't get their way, and when they do it is alive and well.

  17. #257

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    Of course there is. Both legally and especially morally. At the very least, he could be choked out of his speaking platforms at public institutions and to blacklist him for other credible private institutions as a voluntary list for those who do not want to aid in spreading his vile and demented ideas.
    Nah. Free speech, but there is a reason why journalism exists. It's supposed to smear people like him.

    Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Their problem, which is related to this thread, is the demand for egregious bigotry is really outpacing the supply. Which I think is part of the reason the media has made this Spencer jackass seem relevant. If he is, it's only because they made him so, because it was nice to hit Trump with and you know, moral outrage sells. As for SPLC, nothing brings in the donations they need to maintain themselves more than promoting the belief that there are racists and homophobes and Islamophobes in every closest. Of course some are in the closest, for the same reason gays don't have to be anymore.
    Sure, there is an agenda. How does that make them fake news?

    Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Excuse me, but since when is a link from a "fake news" site such as splcenter proof of anything? The same site was discussed in the "Liberal Tactics" thread, as a prime example of said tactics.
    You mean where we thoroughly debunked your ? Yeah, I think we proved why it isn't "fake news".

    Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I'm curious, are left wing activists happy people?

    The average white supremacist or socialist, or whatever, you won't know of because they won't say or do anything. By definition practically someone willing to act against what they perceive as a status quo is going to be angry.
    I'm curious, are right wingers actually smart?



    By definition stupid people do and say stupid things and we all know what college education tends to make you vote for.
    Last edited by Love Mountain; February 01, 2017 at 02:40 PM.

  18. #258

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Sure, there is an agenda. How does that make them fake news?
    They have some credibility issues in their presentation, but I think that's another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  19. #259

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    They have some credibility issues in their presentation, but I think that's another thread.
    Breitbart writes with a clear agenda and have made egregious factual errors in their writing before. Is Breitbart fake news sumskilz?

  20. #260
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,248

    Default Re: Alt-right neo-nazis to speak at Texas A&M University

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    Like most if not all of these Alt-Right types, I think they'll find Dickie Spencer is actually very progressive.



    https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/...95974666764288
    oh, he sure loves the gays alright:

    from reddit (i cant link, because under my IP i get a 18+ warning, not sure how the US law goes about this, so nah):
    “My view is that White Nationalism should be ‘straight but not narrow,’ meaning that we should uphold and defend heterosexuality as the norm but also recognize that not everyone fits that norm.
    “As long as homosexuals uphold healthy norms and have something positive to contribute, they can and do make our movement stronger.”
    bottom line:

    he loves em conditionally, or he would have said: “ homosexuals can and do make our movement stronger.”

    so, screw his bigotry. everything you say before the "but" means nothing.

    he cant throw it overboard, or he wouldnt be part of his little club any longer, and hanging with the boys is clearly more important to him.

    let me demonstrate:



    now compare to the official music video



    so, must needs richard come out of the closet? i hope he doesnt, that would almost make me feel bad for his situation.

    why? just read some of the answering tweets above.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; February 01, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •