Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that was initially the spirit of the law, but OCD seems to have ran rampant among Jews and out came a bunch of "fences around the Torah".
    sumskilz,

I should have said the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath meaning that as well as enjoying the rest to also keep it holy. So, why is the Torah so important? Because as Jesus taught, it was the word from God to man via Moses as if God had written it Himself. And, why Jesus protects it is because He is the One who gave it to Moses as well as being the living example of what it predicted. He was, is and always will be the Jewish Messiah just as John was given to see and write about in the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Everything in between Genesis and Revelation was, is and will be a history of not just the Jews but all mankind's having to face up to the fact that if there is to be an afterlife with two effects there is no other explanation available to man.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Is recognition that Jews have the best ideology of the Abrahamic cults the reason Muslims and Christians hate Jews?

Quote Originally Posted by DaniCatBurger View Post
    There is no allegation. It is a description of parts of a Kantian argument. The argument is about guidelines (maxims) of acts and possible contradictions (conflicting maxims).

I am not discussing you whoever that is on internet. I try to show where I think that the argumentation - you are referring to - leads to contradictions and why it is better to chose another, stronger argument.
    Who does not specify in particular kind of excludes some people from the argumentation. And then - it becomes wrong. I shall not behave according to XVIIIc christian phylosophy (and seems then all in Europe got too relaxed and selfconfident in theirs) - to a Bronze Age tribe that thought the only phylosophy rotates around them and their deity, who chose them for exterminators; and who perished a few times in history because of that; and the remnants of that sect, as from the primitive society, still judge the same ... it is not even believable.
    Last edited by Tiberios; January 17, 2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Disruptive comments removed

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    fkizz,

Can you elaborate on that with some examples please?
    Well
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Pope Alexander VI
    who was biggest enabler/sponsorer of "Catholic" Kings Isabella and Ferdinand, which sponsored the Spanish Inquisition (that introduced as the new normal the practice of burning jews alive regardless if they converted or not) came from a marrano family (marrano is basically former discreet Judaism practicing family. cryto-jews in portuguese or spanish terms).

So thus became normalcy and acceptable to for Inquisitors to kill Christians if they weren't born Christian which by Catholic Theology or any other Christian denomination is a very very questionable muddy thing in itself. (See: Persecution of New-Christians, Cristãos-Novos)

This type of "Inquisition" would spread sometimes by force to nearby countries and this is the period of aftermath of world exploration so you can guess the snowballing that happened after. Doing some research. This practice even arrived to newly discovered Continents and European colonies.

Biggest irony was the main sponsor/enabler of all of this came from a marrano family.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What the heck man.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 16, 2017 at 01:17 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

fkizz,

Kind of resembles the New World Order of today and by that I mean the likes of George Soros and Co.

DaniCatBurger's Avatar Centenarius

Kant argues that dignity and liberty connect to everyone and therefore everyone is required to respect the dignity and liberty of the others.*

*Metaphysics of Morals Chapter One Part II section 38

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/ka...sics-of-ethics

I find it a quite solid argument because of the clear premises and consequent generalisation.
    Last edited by DaniCatBurger; January 17, 2017 at 11:31 AM.
    שנאה היא לא ערך, גזענות היא לא הדרך

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by DaniCatBurger View Post
    Kant argues that dignity and liberty connect to everyone and therefore everyone is required to respect the dignity and liberty of the others.*

*Metaphysics of Morals Chapter One Part II section 38

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/ka...sics-of-ethics

I find it a quite solid argument because of the clear premises and consequent generalisation.

Kant was wise. Because he did not go to propogate his ideas to a tribe in the Amazon jungle. If he went, would have been eaten up. Likewise we do not rely on these ideas in relations to the jews, who are comparatively from the same epoche and level of development. And like the savages, it seems to jews nothing is better than to please the tribal idol and to distinguish in ways of hating and waging war on their enemies. It's not unique, was commonplace in the Stone Age. That is why I generally don't find it appropriate to discuss matters from the topics of Kant with people from this tribe. Even if someone caught up nontribal education, one still has to be carefull.

On top, if someone from such a tribe understood the tribal idol did not exist, he still kept to his predatorlike taste. So Yahwe is only half of the problem. Not to start with inborn instincts and genetical predisposition to certain behaviour.

Hope it doesnt sound pompous, that's how things are seen from the forefront. There is just too much distance in everything even among the chrstian nations, how not to the jews ? Generalisations like in most part Kants have to be avoided.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 17, 2017 at 05:25 PM.

OK, so why does the world in general dislike if not hate Jews and why them in particular? What has Ari Cohen or Michael Arnold done to deserve being hated? Do they not live and let live just like most others?

For starters "jews" can mean a plethora of undefined different things.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    For starters "jews" can mean a plethora of undefined different things.
    fkizz,

That's the strange thing in that there is nothing definitively noticeable when one encounters a Jew and I mean an ordinary Jew going about daily life. I mean we can spot a Muslim or a Gentile almost immediately yet never notice a Jew among them and then they themselves don't usually brag that they are Jewish as Muslims and Gentiles can do. Once known as a Jew however one can almost feel the antagonism among others who are not Jews. Why is that?

fkizz, Once known as a Jew however one can almost feel the antagonism among others who are not Jews. Why is that?
    In Post-Waterloo the Rothschilds make a killing in stocks and banking. Since then there is the confusion that the average Jew is a Rothschild, the highly elitist banking family.

No, average jew is average jew. Add to such Zionism controversies, gentiles who screwed up in banking and will say it was fault of the jews (it works) and for a religious Crowd that Jews asides from Messianic Jews, don't accept Jesus as the Messiah, and last but not least that some jews are taught when kids that Christianism caused the Holocaust, and you have a recipe for mistrust on both sides.

Keep in mind typical person won't bother in researching seriously this controversial subjects. They will go with the trend. If the trend is anti-jew, they will be anti-jew. If the trend is pro-israel, they will be pro-israel. But this are volatile trends that give no real concept of tomorrow.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 19, 2017 at 09:00 AM.

-George Orwell

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Pope Alexander VI... "Catholic" Kings Isabella and Ferdinand, which sponsored the Spanish Inquisition (that introduced as the new normal the practice of burning jews alive regardless if they converted or not) came from a marrano family
    Just a side note: allegedly a marrano, according to Pope's Italien adversaries; Savonarola and Della Rovera.Whatever.
    In 1493, Spanish Kings sent an ambassador to urge he Pope to expel Jews and marranos from Papal lands, but the Pope refused - and compensated them with the title of "Catholic Kings".
    In Portugal, the new Queen Isabel (daughter of the Spanish kings) also petitioned the Pope to authorize the establishment of Inquisition in Portugal. The Pope received a delegation of Portuguese Jews and refused his consent over four years.

King Manuel died in 1521, and his guarantee of protection of New Christians expired 11 years later, but the Pope remained on the side of the "conversos", forgiving them for all Jews of Portugal for any lapses of faith. and other heresies.It was only in 1580 when Portugal fell under Spanish rule that the Inquisition was empowered by Filipe to finance itself.
    ------
    In Spain antisemitism was not the cause of the expulsion of the Jews; and the money was not also the cause, let's keep in mind that the Spanish Kings refused a bribe to abrogate the decree of expulsion.
    According Armesto in the book "1492", the main cause was the war with Granada; the Jews were considered a "fifth column", because legend ascribed Jews a supporting role in the first Muslim conquests in Iberia. As Armesto put it, sic"...scouring the past for material, the propagandists reawakened old anxieties about where Jewish loyalties lay"
    Another excellent source is the book "Exile and Religious Identity, 1500–1800"
    Last edited by Ludicus; January 19, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

OK, so why does the world in general dislike if not hate Jews and why them in particular? What has Ari Cohen or Michael Arnold done to deserve being hated? Do they not live and let live just like most others?
    Eh I wouldn't say the world hates Jews.

Jews have a tendency to succeed almost wherever they go. Success quite understandably leads to envy. Ignorant people are every anti-Semite's wetdream. It would be interesting to see the socio-economic breakdown for anti-Semitism.

Of course you also have to note that a lot of anti-Semites are just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Just a side note: allegedly a marrano, according to Pope's Italien adversaries; Savonarola and Della Rovera.Whatever.
    In 1493, Spanish Kings sent an ambassador to urge he Pope to expel Jews and marranos from Papal lands, but the Pope refused - and compensated them with the title of "Catholic Kings".
    Pope Alexander VI was in Cathots with "Catholic" Kings Isabella and Ferdinand. As for marranos (crypto-jews), they were very common in Iberian Peninsula at the time and allowed to stay as such. So statistically speaking it wouldn't unlikely or a "fabrication". They (marranos existance) had no real life/death controversy and even had right to self defense inside jewry neighbourhoods. This ended/halted with Spanish Inquisition.
    If he came from Crypto-Jew (Marrano) families, of course his opponents would use that to try to make him fall or provoke him. That's self evident I suposed?

First killing of Jews in Portugal started with King D. Manuel I, made it to the Throne very mysteriously despite being the 9th Candidate to the Throne, favorite candidate of "Catholic" Kings Isabella and Ferdinand in Royal Intrigue, and shortly after D Manuel I came to power we had killing of jews in 1503. Burning Jews Alive and other assorted enemies of the Spanish Inquisition didn't lack (see: Autos de Fé) Look it up in Old Lisbon, we even have a monument to that.

The one to put the de-facto official ending to this would be Portuguese Prime Minister serving under the King, Marquis de Pombal.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 19, 2017 at 07:47 PM.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Eh I wouldn't say the world hates Jews.

Jews have a tendency to succeed almost wherever they go. Success quite understandably leads to envy. Ignorant people are every anti-Semite's wetdream. It would be interesting to see the socio-economic breakdown for anti-Semitism.

Of course you also have to note that a lot of anti-Semites are just evil.
    Dr Legend,

Of course not everyone in the world hates Jews yet when it comes to scapegoats at least in modern history this people bear the brunt of being the ones responsible for all the ills that man can think of. And when one looks at the modern banking systems it is clear that Jews overwhelmingly control the power of finance over most countries in the world indeed financing both sides in wars and yet seem superfluous to the fury that falls on the ordinary Jew. That I could never understand having Jewish friends as a youngster, having Jewish associates when in the toy industry as well as being employed by Jews when in the Jewellery business. I found them all to be smashing people and had many a great experience with them.

fkizz,

Kind of resembles the New World Order of today and by that I mean the likes of George Soros and Co.
    A tad. But More Soros, because during his early years in Hungary he worked as an informant
    to Nazi side on Jew Hideouts, to Nazi Hunters in exchange for cash and/or expensive items. Decades later he says he feels no regret whatsoever, that he felt a rush of a power doing so, and that it gave him pleasure.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 20, 2017 at 06:29 AM.

-George Orwell

No, he didn't, these are just lies propagated from far-right charlatans, who, in their usually despicable way of hesitating in front of nothing, in order to gain money from gullible people, distorted his answers. Thankfully, their incompetence matches their ruthlesness of accusing a 14-year old Jew of collaborating with the Nazis. Take Invest Watch, for a example, a fake-news blog which forgot to omit Soros' response clarifying that he's fond of 1944, because of the strong family values and not of the extermination of his fellow Jews by the far-right. Then, we have the circulation of photos of an SS thug supposedly depicting a boy in his early teens and Soros allegedly sadistically enjoying witnessing Jews being evicted, despite even paranoid Youtube accounts again accidentally forgetting not to include his answer, which reveals that he never said such a thing. In my opinion, the statement of the Anti-defamation League is perfectly appropriate.

Citizen

Pope Alexander VI... if he came from Crypto-Jew (Marrano) families, of course his opponents would use that to try to make him fall or provoke him.
    Let us say that his adversaries had seen his nomination as a triumph of Spain. Given the situation, they referred to him as a marrano. Savonarola called him "infidel and marrano", and the Cardinal Della Rovera (later Pope Julius II) referred to him as "marano and circumcised"
    Bu the true is, the next Pope (Julius II) would also be called a marrano by Leo X, his successor.
    At the time, "marrano" was also a term used as a synonym for atheism or disbelief. As an example, for Luther the Borgia pope was a "marrano, a baptized Jew, who didn't believe in anything" (sic)
    Some decades later, the Emperor Charles V was also called a marrano. a poet wrote: "He feigns to be religious but he is a marrano".
    So, the prudent answer is- allegedly marrano.I guess we will never know.

first killing of Jews in Portugal started with King D. Manuel I,
    Yes, but don't have time to address the question right now.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

You're assuming Pope Alexander VI was a Marrano simply because opposition mentioned that. It goes.. Opposition mentions said person is of X origin. Therefore the X origin is false. This is a fallacy.
    That's not good a point, Ludicus.
    Charles V came from Royal Families intrigue and Holy Roman Empire marriages. Claims of marrano make much less sense than someone who can come from "anywhere" and be elected by Cardinals regardless of Bloodline/Original religion.

In Charles V the point is to say he lacks Nobility and Dynastical Blood rather than to say he is of a different Religious background. Absolute Monarchy =/= Elective Theocracy.

There's also the subtle insinuation that Vatican doesn't admit as Pope people who aren't "pre-destined" to such or "born" for such.... This is the most severe of them all inside Catholicism Theology that you've "willingly or un-willingly" claimed.

@Abdulmeci
    I'm by no means a "Soros" expert, but if such (more than) rumours of him having pleasure and no guilt at all in exposing jew hideouts during nazi germany are around, several years have passed with only his misterious silence.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 20, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

-George Orwell

Citizen

You're assuming Pope Alexander VI was a Marrano simply because opposition mentioned that...That's not good a point, Ludicus.
    Well, it's a very good point for historians. If you are unable to understand what I'm saying, fkizz, read the book "Exile and Religious Identity, 1500–1800, namely pages 146, 147.
    ----
    Back to
    first killing of Jews in Portugal started with King D. Manuel I,
    (As you know, Manuel I didn't want to expel the Jews).
    On April 19, 1506, sunday, the massacre was caused by two Dominican friars that had followed the new Queen Isabel from Spain. During a procession in Lisbon they accused two Jews of showing disrespect; in the priest led-riots Jews were slaughtered.
    So, what he king did? The king arrested the friars and executed them. He also shut down the Dominican monastery, and placed a ban on the Inquisition for a period of 20 years.
    As I said before (previous post) the king died in 1521 and the guarantee of protection of the New Christians expired 11 years later.
    --
    fkizz
    there's also the subtle insinuation that Vatican doesn't admit as Pope people who aren't "pre-destined" to such or "born" for such
    Sorry, fkizz, I don't understand what you're saying.Regarding Charles V, read Dissimulation and Deceit in Early Modern Europe.
    As I said before, the word "marrano" was also used as a synonymous of disbeliever or hypocrite.
    Quoting the book,
    Charles V himself would also be labelled a Marrano not only in contemporary satyres and pasquinades claiming that "he simules religiosity, but he is a Marrano"... but also in the fiery words of Pope Paul IV.

... the term marrano was already used in Italy in the first half of the sixteenth century, becoming the epithet most commonly used against all Spanish people. Thus starting out as a racist and insulting term for a real or presumed ethnic-religious affiliation- a contamination of the much sought "purity" of Spanish blood-the word Marrano soon became a general synonym for hypocrite, a dissembler and a traitor
    To conclude,the Pope Alexander VI was allegedly marrano.
    Last edited by Ludicus; January 20, 2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Sorry, fkizz, I don't understand what you're saying.
    The point that only people born-christians or "people born for it" can be elected as Popes... is basically highly Calvinism flavoured. You're comitting same mistake as Gnostic Christian Bishop, on understanding Catholicism Theological grounds. There is no single rule that a marrano can't reach the Papacy.

Well, it's a very good point for historians. If you are unable to understand what I'm saying, fkizz, read the book "Exile and Religious Identity, 1500–1800, namely pages 146, 147.
    ----
    I hope you realize those Historians don't have a Monopoly on Vatican Papacy and their Metaphysical(Faith) rules. History and Truth have no Monopolies.

Regardless, your recommendations are flattering, but I don't have yet the ability to read so many books (adding the pile of ones I have yet to read) at once.

To conclude,the Pope Alexander VI was allegedly marrano.
    Well seeing the History of Convertions that gave you maybe, just maybe, the right to live (see: Autos-Fé) rather than being burned alive by Spanish Inquisition it's not surprising that many marranos were around.
    Last edited by fkizz; January 20, 2017 at 09:39 AM.

-George Orwell