Thread: Better starting buildings for entertaining early game

Default Better starting buildings for fun early game

I played with most factions more than 60 turns and I think you get fun units very late. Am I the only one bored to wait that time to get get fun with more units?<br> I think that waiting is not entertaining nor lore friendly, so I request a mod of small changes that would make the game more enjoyable and immersive. In Warhammer lore all factions already have some unique buildings and units at the start of karl's reign.<br><br><br>The features:<br><br>For dwarfs, and humans (including other factions than Empire and Bretonnia):<br>-unique buildings present in every settlements, but only rank 1 (like rank 1 college of magic of Altdorf) if the owner can actually build it. Very strong unique buildings should also be present (like the temple of Ulric of Middenheim).<br>-if the unique building is related to a certain unit (like the one from Wissenland that is good for artillery) or if the unique building unlocks the recrutement of a certain unit and a second is needed (like the knigt's panther lair unlocks knights) so a second building should be present in a settlement of the same province where it can be fully upgraded (the region's capital, certainly).<br><br>For the Greenskins:<br>Well... they don't have much unique buildings, so they would have some good recruitement buildings from the start in some locations, but I have no idea of which.<br><br>For vampire counts:<br>I find they can access good units very easely and the story features a Mannfred who comes back to rebuild it's faction, so it may no be necessary.<br>If the other factions can access good units early, they would have an harder but more intertaining start.<br><br>For chaos warriors: <br>as the vampires they are newcomers, so they would have no big horde infrastructure from the start. But I feel that horde growth is too slow, so why not an improvement of the horde growth or of the hero skill that improves it.<br><br>For beastmen:<br>I haven't purchased&nbsp; that DLC, so I have no idea how it works. If it works just like CW, so it would benefit to the same kind of buff.<br><br><br><br>With that modifications the factions would access good units early and builing infrastructure would make less sense, so good units should get some nerf to prevent them to be too present early in game. A good solution would be to improve their maintenance. With that strategy, you would get some nice units earlier but few in number.<br><br><br><br>Now I ask for suggestions or advices, and if someone is interested to make this mod. Just notice that it may be minor changes for a major change of the dynamism of the game (the early game at least).<br> <br><br>

Icon7 Better starting buildings for entertaining early game

Do you feel bored to wait 40 turns to start seeing diversified units in the battlefield? And what about the fact that every factions start with no infrastructure, just as if they were just new to this world?
    I want to fight knights and girocopters with big'uns right from the start to feel like I was starting a real warhammer world conquest and I'd like to see settlements with unique buildings, according to the lore.
    I'm less bored with vampires and chaos because they respawn after being defeted during the early game, so no infrastructure feels more normal.

The way to get this seems quite simple: regions with unique buildings and recruitement buildings (and other buildings that are required to recruit certain units, like blacksmith), with some unkeep nerf for advanced units (to make them rare during early game and to make economic building worth to pay for).

Am I the only one to think that? If no, I require some time of someone with the talent I don't have to make this mod.
    If everyone think it would break the game, so don't waste your time with little me...

Default Re: Better starting buildings for entertaining early game

Sorry, it's more a request than a proposal...