Thread: "Load Game/Save Game" grayed out... frustrating

Laetus

Icon9 "Load Game/Save Game" grayed out... frustrating

I can't save while playing as the Pahlava, which really sucks because they're one of my favorites. None of the other other factions I've tried so far have this problem.

I'm playing EB Alexander 1.21 (though I've extensively modded it to suit my own tastes.) This is the first time I've ever encountered this particular issue in RTW. I did some googling and it looks like some other mods have had this issue, but after combing those forums I couldn't find any solutions that seemed to fit.

Ideas?

Laetus

Default Re: "Load Game/Save Game" grayed out... frustrating

Update:

I finished testing all the other factions, and two others were having the same problem - Carthage and the Getai. Research in the forums of the other mods with this problem indicate that it's caused by a scripting error. The common thread with all these factions is that I changed the display names of settlements in their starting territory... going to do some more testing.

Laetus

Default Re: "Load Game/Save Game" grayed out... frustrating

Solved

Turns out it was the fact that I'd changed the names of the settlements in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt. I remembered that when using console commands in-game to affect a settlement (add_population, for example) you have to use the settlement's name as it's displayed on the campaign map, as opposed to it's true name in descr_regions.txt. Thus the scripting error that was graying out my load/save buttons. Any settlement listed in the script file must match up with it's display name in *_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.

If any other modders out there run into the same problem, I hope this can help you solve your issue!