Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2d released!

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Is it not possible to give Rome those 'hidden targets' that the game has? I am fairly sure that there is something that makes certain factions always declare war over the same region for example.

It was explained to me in a RTW mod that there is some sort of 'claim' that can be added to region and can be used to guide expansion in certain directions.

Is this still true for M2TW?
    The main (hardcoded) components of CAI ignore those for the most part. They're at best suggestions. North is always the first direction the CAI looks.

Biarchus

Couple things I've noticed.

The quotes on the loading screens are cut off.
    Makedonia was destroyed. They've re-emerged twice. Both times it has said Pella has thrown off their oppressors but they have re-emerged in Epidamnos not Pella.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Couple things I've noticed.

The quotes on the loading screens are cut off.
    Makedonia was destroyed. They've re-emerged twice. Both times it has said Pella has thrown off their oppressors but they have re-emerged in Epidamnos not Pella.
    I don't know why that's happening. It may be because Pella was under siege at the time?

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't know why that's happening. It may be because Pella was under siege at the time?
    Perhaps. I have to say I'm not sure so I can't say for sure.

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in: Great job on this whole project EB2 Team!! Thanks for all your hard work!!!!!

Laetus

Love 2.2d so far. The battles are much more challenging and the AI diplomacy has a great feel. Thanks for all the work being put into this!

A curious thing I've noticed during my Auernoi campaign: after finally deciding to conquer the Aedui and take Bibrakte I was legitimately surprised by the garrison popping up at the end of the turn.
    I may have mis-read that part! After a non-siege battle (my faction leader was close, but not besieging) and destroying 90% of the garrison and another army, I had to peal off to rest and reinforce my troops. I went to besiege Bibrakte once again and there was yet another full garrison, within 2 - 4 turns of the prior script firing. I believe it may be have been because I didn't take it in the same turn; is the garrison script limited to the amount of times it can fire? I thought I had read that it was supposed to be infrequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalfo View Post
    Love 2.2d so far. The battles are much more challenging and the AI diplomacy has a great feel. Thanks for all the work being put into this!

A curious thing I've noticed during my Auernoi campaign: after finally deciding to conquer the Aedui and take Bibrakte I was legitimately surprised by the garrison popping up at the end of the turn.
    I may have mis-read that part! After a non-siege battle (my faction leader was close, but not besieging) and destroying 90% of the garrison and another army, I had to peal off to rest and reinforce my troops. I went to besiege Bibrakte once again and there was yet another full garrison, within 2 - 4 turns of the prior script firing. I believe it may be have been because I didn't take it in the same turn; is the garrison script limited to the amount of times it can fire? I thought I had read that it was supposed to be infrequent.
    It's supposed to take 20 turns before it can fire again. And it won't spawn a full garrison, only up to 10 units. There may have been recruitment in the intervening time - did winter pass during your break?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post
    ps. even after 4-5 campaigns, i have issues remembering names of all these units in languages i have no clue off. Some sort of optional toggleable "simplier unit names" option would be nice for people with not so good name memory, can always add the historical native language/greek names on the unit details still for sake of historicality.
    Just spotted this elsewhere. Unfortunately, there's not really a compromise position available. The only way we could get a "toggle" is if someone wants to go through the export_units and switch the labels around, for all 300-odd units we have in there. Not a priority activity for anyone in the team, I certainly don't fancy trawling through it again to make that change.

I've updated the animations - the only change is to pikes again. I've removed the strike distances, and the side-to-side shuffling.

I think it should be savegame compatible.

You mentioned 2.2 E update miau

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    You mentioned 2.2 E update miau
    Yes, should be in the next couple of days. Just rejigging starting forces at the moment (everyone tells me they're too low for non-Rebel factions). I've also halved unit upkeep (so now 1/8th recruitment cost).

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, should be in the next couple of days. Just rejigging starting forces at the moment (everyone tells me they're too low for non-Rebel factions). I've also halved unit upkeep (so now 1/8th recruitment cost).
    I was playing Pontos the other day, the rebel stacks at beginning really are very dangerous compared what a player can have from it's humble beggining. why to change upkeep? Are you going to test a new CAI script with the E update.
    I think everyone are saying that because of 35-40 turn of dept and after few settlement capture a player is completely exposed without any units to defend foreign invasion of any force even a little one, so yeah about time baybye'D
    Last edited by bordinis; November 25, 2016 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    I was playing Pontos the other day, the rebel stacks at beginning really are very dangerous compared what a player can have from it's humble beggining. why to change upkeep? Are you goign to test a new CAI script with the E update?
    It's less about the player and more about how the CAI behaves, based on the forces it has at its disposal. All the start-of-game ceasefires are due to the AI perceiving itself to be too weak to war on anyone. This is adapting the start to fit the CAI, rather than a new one.

Change to upkeep is to address some of the problems with AI factions being perpetually in debt as a result of the forces they have.

Civis

Playing a makedonian campaign on 2.2d and I'm experiencing an impassable CTD at turn 253. Here is the error log :eb.system.log.zip
    Any idea what causes it?

Civis

Oh and I forgot to write it, but I love this version! You did an amazing job! I'm really enjoying the direction the mod is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    Playing a makedonian campaign on 2.2d and I'm experiencing an impassable CTD at turn 253. Here is the error log :eb.system.log.zip
    Any idea what causes it?
    Crap, failsafe for a reform that hasn't been included in 2.2d2. It's looking for a historic_event message that doesn't exist, though it shouldn't be trying to show it to you as the Makedonian player.

2.2e's historic_events.txt has everything, whether it's in the campaign_script or not, so this won't happen.

Biarchus

I had a crash I couldn't get by on my Rome campaign. I can't recall the turn but it was probably around the same point around 250 turns in. I abandoned the campaign.

Haydn91's Avatar Foederatus

I have problem with Eb 2.2d on Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon, the splash screen appear on screen, but after crash the log return this error:

Code:
    16:52:41.619 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt (from: C:\Giochi\Medieval 2 Total War Gold) 
    16:52:41.665 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8188, column 1 
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'aspidiotai_hippeis'. 

16:52:41.666 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Can I fix ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I had a similar incident as written, I play for Epiros still somewhere in the 30 turn I destroyed Macedonia, and on106 turn, it has risen, but not at Pella , it happend in Demetrikase(or something like this, forgot the name of this town, it was own macedonian town lower the Pella).

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn91 View Post
    I have problem with Eb 2.2d on Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon, the splash screen appear on screen, but after crash the log return this error:

Code:
    16:52:41.619 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt (from: C:\Giochi\Medieval 2 Total War Gold) 
    16:52:41.665 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8188, column 1 
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'aspidiotai_hippeis'. 

16:52:41.666 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/ebii/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Can I fix ?
    You've downloaded the corrupted version of 2.2b from the torrents. You need to get it from a different source, and try again.