Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334355075 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2f released!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    I want to save the bsophoran kingdom, which factions re-emerge ?(I am playing 2.2f)
    Any faction that doesn't horde can reemerge. However, script is little wonky at times, so they can sometimes reemerge where you don't expect them. Anyway...if you get their starting settlement to rebel, they should reemerge there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Yup,it's at 100,000 now but the famine has come back so now it's at-0.5%. The income is based mostly on taxes so it's at 17,000 now. When I move the FL out, the famine increases which causes the population to go to -10%. There's something hidden in the FL in this case because his traits don't increase growth. It's very odd.
    Just encountered it somewhere else playing as Saba. This is due to the Lv.2 "Lenient" trait stacked multiple time (all the way to infinity).
    The new traits/anti-traits introduced in 2.2f can break the game since very early.
    See "Anti-traits stacking bug" in
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...val-2-Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by QWE_asd View Post
    Just encountered it somewhere else playing as Saba. This is due to the Lv.2 "Lenient" trait stacked multiple time (all the way to infinity).
    The new traits/anti-traits introduced in 2.2f can break the game since very early.
    See "Anti-traits stacking bug" in
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...val-2-Kingdoms
    We're well aware of the AntiTraits bug; problem is only some of the traits have been reworked to avoid it so far.

We'll be releasing 2.2g with all the AntiTraits enabled again, which will sort problems like this. But it will bring back some of the issues with traits that haven't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    We're well aware of the AntiTraits bug; problem is only some of the traits have been reworked to avoid it so far.

We'll be releasing 2.2g with all the AntiTraits enabled again, which will sort problems like this. But it will bring back some of the issues with traits that haven't been fixed yet.
    How does enabling all the Anti-Traits "sort" such problem? Do you mean "disable" rather than "enable"?

Mini bug report: Settlement of Parthia (forgot the name) can't recruit client ruler playing as Pahlava. Asaak had a similar issue, maybe it's good to check the surrounding settlements as well (i'll report once I conquer).

Quote Originally Posted by QWE_asd View Post
    How does enabling all the Anti-Traits "sort" such problem? Do you mean "disable" rather than "enable"?
    Sorry, I mean disable. They're all disabled in the dev build, I'd re-enabled them all for these releases because their replacement isn't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Mini bug report: Settlement of Parthia (forgot the name) can't recruit client ruler playing as Pahlava. Asaak had a similar issue, maybe it's good to check the surrounding settlements as well (i'll report once I conquer).
    Hekatompylos has the same combination of hidden_resources as Assak (daha and eastern). Same issue, already resolved for 2.2g.

Nope "effective versus armor" units are still garbage; case in point, a unit of uassoi and a unit of drapanai flanking and surrounding dorekim afriqim (elite Carthaginian hoplites) should be able to beat them easily; I would even argue the drapanai alone should be able to beat the hoplites, but instead the hoplites proceeded to rout them both.

(You can't edit posts here I assume?) You could of course argue that its only my example, but really these units are useful only if you are flanking, so they pretty much function as melee skirmishers, not very useful at all, isn't there any way to make them effective when facing armored units as in EB1?

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row; last comment, stainless steel have made "effective against armor" units with no trouble at all; see varangian guard as one example. I don't see why this can't be implemented in EB2, it's not a limitation of the game engine as you had once put it (lack of lethality?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bark0z View Post
    Nope "effective versus armor" units are still garbage; case in point, a unit of uassoi and a unit of drapanai flanking and surrounding dorekim afriqim (elite Carthaginian hoplites) should be able to beat them easily; I would even argue the drapanai alone should be able to beat the hoplites, but instead the hoplites proceeded to rout them both.
    Uh, no. The hint is in the "elite" part of their name, they've got a lot of armour, good shields, good stamina and excellent morale. Drapanai are unarmoured, regardless of how powerful their melee weapon is, so they're going to get mauled, they shouldn't be "beating them easily" at all. Try using a good two-hander unit like the Rhompianai.

The issue is with your expectations, not the battle model.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Big preventive stacks up north are useless to prevent Rome going conquering North.
    I know whenever I play Rome, I tend to conquer North first; I don't really want to but I have to; if I don't, those big stacks just sit on my border starving my income through devastation. It's unsustainable to not kill them. Once they're gone, though, I sometimes take a while occupying them due to the unrest they would suffer, which is good.

Uh, no. The hint is in the "elite" part of their name, they've got a lot of armour, good shields, good stamina and excellent morale. Drapanai are unarmoured, regardless of how powerful their melee weapon is, so they're going to get mauled, they shouldn't be "beating them easily" at all. Try using a good two-hander unit like the Rhompianai.

The issue is with your expectations, not the battle model.
    They should get mauled, sure, but they should also do a lot of damage to the hoplites. I tried with Rhompianai and the result is the same. Maybe take my suggestion to heart instead of dismissing it, my POINT is that these shock units are no better than spearmen, so why would I use them at all instead of some hoplites that can do the same damage AND take a lot less casualties?

Senator

Weird for me using Rhompianaia against elite hoplites results in the Rhompianaia winning especially if they flank them....
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Weird for me using Rhompianaia against elite hoplites results in the Rhompianaia winning especially if they flank them....
    When I tried it it was against the sacred band hoplites ( the ones that cost 1800), you guys can both just be contrarian for the heck of it but the bottom line is that these units are not performing as they should, you can pretend there is nothing wrong but for me I'd rather play something else, this is too glaring of an issue

When I tried it it was against the sacred band hoplites ( the ones that cost 1800), you guys can both just be contrarian for the heck of it but the bottom line is that these units are not performing as they should, you can pretend there is nothing wrong but for me I'd rather play something else, this is too glaring of an issue
    Are you using the updated animations?

Are you using the updated animations?
    \

Yes this is with updated animations.

They should get mauled, sure, but they should also do a lot of damage to the hoplites. I tried with Rhompianai and the result is the same. Maybe take my suggestion to heart instead of dismissing it, my POINT is that these shock units are no better than spearmen, so why would I use them at all instead of some hoplites that can do the same damage AND take a lot less casualties?
    Rhompianai is not supposed to win 1 vs 1 against elite infantry. This shock unit frightens enemy infantry and with its high attack it can route weak segments of emeny line very quick(thus winning the battle), something spearman can't do.

Roma campaign (H/M) turn 140 aprox, Feedback.

I haven't played EBII in a while, not since before 2.2B I think. The diplomacy is amazing, by far the best I have seen in a total war.

Balance issues seem fine. Greek wars swing to and fro with KH, Pergamon and Epiros all making come backs at different stages. I was worried the grey death was going to occur but after losing most of their provinces in anatolia egypt managed to hold in the levant and then seize damascus. Looking to be turning the tide. Also Parthia is making slow but sure purpose south. Saka are also having some succes against Baktria which is a great improvement.

However all rebel provinces were gobbled up too quickly for my taste. Most had gone by turn 60 (apart from north Italy the odd other eg Syracuse) and all had gone by turn 100. My preference would be for some regions to keep Independence for long into the game. Barbarian Europe especially seems to unify into lasting blocks far to easily. Would it be possible for the empires to disintegrate on the death of leaders? Also Boii have gone rampant. Control everything from the rhine to romania, patava in the south and almost at the baltic in the north. They seem a tad overpowered (I wouldn't mind if they had attacked me but they have left there southern provinces defenceless and I don't want to push north too far).

I currently control Italy south of the Po river, Sicily, sardian, corsica, illyria and sparta. Carthage has lost spain and has just declared the second punic war against me after macedon attacked sparta. I just won the sescond Epirot war, seizing Sparta, Illyria and Syracuse. The main war was fought in Sicily just after I won the first punic war. I lost messana when the syrcusan army attacked. I didn't win control of all Sicily for about 8 years, finishing the war with the sack of syarucse. (I beseiged and tried to assault after 6 turns and lost. I won in the end by starving it out.) Other minor wars were fought against both spanish states but were inconclusive.

Enemy army composition seems diverse and appropriate. Macedon only employing 2-3 phalanxes in a large stack, is that historical? Good mix of skimishers, light and heavy infantry amongst enemies. My cavalry are always outnumbered. I use a double line formation (centre of roman units, allies on flanks, triarii reserve) with gaps between units allowing for flanking and local superiority. I win battles where my infantry can quickly flank, decimate, and route individual units causing the line to collapes. I use this to try and replicate the advantage of maniples. Any thoughts on this would be much apreciated. If their line holds and their cavalry beat mine before my triarii can get there then I generally get hammer and anvil ed into oblivion. Military AI is amazing and causes major problems at times.

Traits, seem to be some problems with lenient and brutal traits amongst client rulers. Also I can't work out quite why some of my roman generals get the unsatisfied supervisor trait. This has happened whilst in the field and also when governing soccii cities in italy (non-allied government cities).

I hope this feedback is useful.

As long as there's other heavy infantry with those 2-3 phalanxes, that's fine. Only their royal armies should have 5-6 phalanx units in them.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    Traits, seem to be some problems with lenient and brutal traits amongst client rulers. Also I can't work out quite why some of my roman generals get the unsatisfied supervisor trait. This has happened whilst in the field and also when governing soccii cities in italy (non-allied government cities).

I hope this feedback is useful.
    Glad you are enjoying the campaign. Traits are still very much a work in progress, however. The "uncomfortable supervisor" is definitely a bug (one we are looking at).
    EBII Council