Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2e released!

We are getting Arab camel riders.

I gave in and played a few turns as SPQR, to get a bit acquainted with their govenrnment and trait system, and noticed an odd thing. By turn 25-ish, after they attacked and took Messana, I embarked on conquest of Sicily. And it turned out that they had full stack and half near Lilybaeum which were completely unresponsive. They didn't attack when I parked my army next to them, didn't attack even when I besieged Lilybaeum and starved it. I eventually had to attack them myself, outnumbered.

Some more army compositions:
    GET1 and GET2 are the same army - just reinforced.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GET1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	704.4 KB 
ID:	342195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GET2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	687.9 KB 
ID:	342196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	675.2 KB 
ID:	342197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HAY01.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	699.3 KB 
ID:	342198
    Regards
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    We are getting Arab camel riders.
    No, we aren't. It's the armored bears, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    No, we aren't. It's the armored bears, I tell you.
    Why not both? Bears riding armoured camels. Available only to Sweboz and Louigiones that make it to Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Why not both? Bears riding armoured camels. Available only to Sweboz and Louigiones that make it to Arabia.
    DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to include Petastai Makedones in my Baktria roster. I've placed the following line

recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry makedones peltastai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_baktria, }

into the section for baktrian governement in export_descr_buildings.txt. This managed to include the Peltastai into the goverment description in the building roster, but I do not have them available for recruitment in the recruitment window of my settlement. Any advice? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorh View Post
    I've been trying to include Petastai Makedones in my Baktria roster. I've placed the following line

recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry makedones peltastai" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { f_baktria, }

into the section for baktrian governement in export_descr_buildings.txt. This managed to include the Peltastai into the goverment description in the building roster, but I do not have them available for recruitment in the recruitment window of my settlement. Any advice? Thanks!
    How dare you interrupt our creative process?! We were getting somewhere.

The great Dahan/Sakan recruitment update is done, now just starting armies to revise downwards, since the AI just uses them to blitz the Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Bulls Herds for Iberians factions XD

Quote Originally Posted by doeop View Post
    Are there really no alternatives to finance scripts? I think people have brought this up before, but other mods like SSHIP deal with this by having the AI disband units if going into debt. Is it not historical for this period or not appropriate for what this mod is trying to achieve?

I have personally really enjoyed this feature. In SSHIP I have seen I have seen a war go poorly for an AI faction on the other side of the map; after losing a few cities and battles and no longer being able maintain the upkeep for their armies, they sued for peace with every faction they were at war with and disbanded half their armies to avoid going into debt.

Why can't something like this be in EB2? Were the cultures and institutions back then preventing them from disbanding troops? I don't think whatever script they used is too heavy, because SSHIP had one of the quickest turn times I've ever seen; sometimes I think it was even faster than the base game. Or are there other reasons why a finance and recruitment limitation script are better suited for EB2?
    Before the finance script, we had AI factions rapidly going into debt then becoming inactive. Disbanding units encourages a death spiral where the other factions would devour anyone leaving themselves defenseless, not leave them alone.

The finance script has four parts to it:
    1) Debt relief, whereby if a faction goes negative, they are brought back up to 499 mnai
    2) Kings purse for small factions - a variable amount between 6000-9000 mnai for any faction with 4 or less provinces
    3) Spring bonanza - 12000 mnai in spring for any faction with less than 5000 mnai in their treasury
    4) Surplus clawback - if a faction has more than 30000 mnai, they're reduced to less than that to prevent them stockpiling large reserves

Does the game currently have a celtiberian colony system? Is there a post explaining how it works on detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Does the game currently have a celtiberian colony system? Is there a post explaining how it works on detail?
    It's in the dev build, but not 2.2e/f. There's a lot of new icons and such I didn't want to copy across; it's been playtested internally. It's not been explained anywhere yet; the thread in the AAR subforum will be updated with 2.3.

The Boii now have a colony system too, again you'll see that in 2.3.

Thanks for the answers.

Playing as Pontos I don't get any missions at all but winter recruitment pop up and select successor script are working. From my last long playthrough I also think recruitment limitation and BAI are working (along with Numidia reforms). Do you think it's possible for only some scripts to be not working? Are missions related to any line at M2TW preferences or EBII.cfg?

Logged into Boii campaign, received "you are raiding an enemy tile" notification. All my armies are far from all enemy tiles and borders, is the first raiding info just something explanatory?

What about the longer end turns, why are turns now longer compared to 2.2b? Is the script heavier? Or is just a lot more AI stuff going on? I've always played this mod auto resolving battles and having fast paced campaigns, but now is too much time between turns. Do I need to stick to 2.2b forever?

Thanks for the answers.

Playing as Pontos I don't get any missions at all but winter recruitment pop up and select successor script are working. From my last long playthrough I also think recruitment limitation and BAI are working (along with Numidia reforms). Do you think it's possible for only some scripts to be not working? Are missions related to any line at M2TW preferences or EBII.cfg?

Logged into Boii campaign, received "you are raiding an enemy tile" notification. All my armies are far from all enemy tiles and borders, is the first raiding info just something explanatory?
    I'll have to look at the Pontic missions, nothing material should have changed in them. Are you playing a hotseat game? They're disabled in hotseat.

That notification only triggers if you're devastating an enemy tile (you don't have to be in the province to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorMaximus View Post
    What about the longer end turns, why are turns now longer compared to 2.2b? Is the script heavier? Or is just a lot more AI stuff going on? I've always played this mod auto resolving battles and having fast paced campaigns, but now is too much time between turns. Do I need to stick to 2.2b forever?
    There's more in the script and there's more AI stuff going on. All the post-2.2b versions have a completely different AI to the last release version.

If you always auto-resolve, you won't trigger myriad reforms, which require you to fight on the battlemap. Sticking to 2.2b is a dead end, even aside from there being broken elements in it (like the Nabatu reforms that don't work, for example).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM.

I guess it's my campaign which is broken in particular, having the raid mechanic out of place and non of the pontic missions. Hope reinstall helps and it's not related to W10 or steam stuff. Thanks

I guess it's my campaign which is broken in particular, having the raid mechanic out of place and non of the pontic missions. Hope reinstall helps and it's not related to W10 or steam stuff. Thanks
    I edited afterwards; you're not playing a hotseat game are you?

No, it's grand campaign e version not hotseat at all.

No, it's grand campaign e version not hotseat at all.
    What version were the missions last working on?