Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253545556575873 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2r released!

Campidoctor

Default Re: Announcement: Europa Barbarorum II 2.2l released!

Beautiful, thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

i am playing KH campaign 2.2L VH/H, these are some stuff i have fount:

- New reforms method worked fine. Regarding new archons trait i must say that neither i wanted them as "easy" as they were before, nor that "difficult" as they are now. Lets see, i got my first archons in very first turn, and thats fine. But since that first "batch" i was "clueless" how to get them. I was getting the Rhodos archon trait every year since that family member stayed there till he died. But i had to check the export_descr_character_traits.txt to find out how the archon trait was assigned , since i wasnt getting any ( beside that from Rhodos till the FM died and the 2 others were busy here and there) and i was clueless about there is a specific etnicity needed to stay at certain city at certain season once he was old enought ( i had a khalkideus "parked" in Pella for many turns.. but he was too young). As i was advancing in KH reforms i checked the file to have the 4 archons ready for when i needed them. In fact i had the prerrequisites for next step before getting the 4 traits, since i didnt have the right etnicitys with the right age at the right cities at the right season. I had no clue Aitolos refered to Thermon, Khalkideus to Pella ( reading description i was thinking more in Crimea peninsula, once you get khalkideus archon and you read THAT description is more clear), no clue that Boiotos refered to "Chalkis" city ( no clue either what city is that), and so on with many other etnicitys/city pairs. Besides Athens, Thessalos ( thanks to thessalian cavalry i can recruit there), Sparte, Rhodos, Kretan ( "kres" was easier to guess) , i didnt know well were to move my FM to get the archon trait. No clue anywhere about age needed neither ( it has sense, but still..) I guess some more info should/could be added to the pop screen about the Koinon Hellenon Congress, righ? that one is i think, or maybe in the pop screen Koinon Hellenon Start?. That or some more comunity work adding the info in the reforms thread, or as a stiky in that subforum. Well ... maybe if you had more knowlodge about ancient history / geography than i have you wont be as loose as i was ( and i have learnt a fuc... whole lot since i play EB1 and EB2, and i love it).

http://imgur.com/a/kLk0t

Besides that, goal achived Quintus, new method is working!

I had 2 athenians at Athens and both got the archon trait, dunno if thats wai.

http://imgur.com/a/cNAXk

The khalkideus "parked" as governor in Pella got the archon trait when he was old enought, but he didnt get it all years as other FM parked in the right cities were getting.

http://imgur.com/a/MmNYw
    Yeah, it probably needs a write-up in the reforms thread to explain more, but the critical thing is that it's working. With 60 fewer monitors in the campaign_script.

Yes, multiple characters can get the same one if they're good enough. It's far too much hassle to make them exclusive, and some of them (like the Spartan one - there were five ephors) are actually supposed to have multiple office-holders.

- While playing/editing files it seems like i commited an error, but i was quickly warned, it was a good surprise. It was only a line in one file that said :KH instead the needed ;KH to avoid errors ( i think...).
    http://imgur.com/a/JaRBv
    Whenever you edit the campaign_script, the first time you fire up a test campaign, check the minimap for that label. That tells you if there's a problem with the script (thank Gigantus for adding it).

- When i conquered Histria from rebels ( Getai were arround but city wasnt theirs) i got the msg of civil unrest due to Histria been a major setlement of my enemies. Is this wai? or should only fire if i conquer it from any other faction and no from rebels?.
    http://imgur.com/a/CTuWW
    That looks like the re-emergence script not working properly. Had the Getai just re-emerged? It shouldn't be running if the Getai are alive.

- When i conquered Tylis and Kabyle i didnt launch an assault and waited for the siege to finish. Rebels did a sortie last siege turn but they weren able to deploy properly in both cases. City models for those 2 is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. in both of them by the way. But dunno if the walls layout/topography/orography of the area arround them helps or make difficult AI deploying troops when doing a sortie.
    AI kept moving units in the red square areas back and forward changing formation ( or trying to) but they never ended moving, as if they considered deployed themselves to start attacking me. I know it is prolly more a MTW2 engine issue, but i rather let you know.
    http://imgur.com/a/4trEU

- Another thing thats prolly more a MTW2 engine issue was my battle in Pella against makedons. I besieged there a full stack with my full stack. Next AI turn a 3/4 stack from outside city came help their mates, i cared of them before the besieged stack could join them. So when first helping stack was defeated the besieged full stack deployed but they never came fight. Cheap battle that made makedons faction been destroyed. ( Pella was his last city)
    http://imgur.com/a/qrlGi

I still had to fight Antigonos stack as rebel one bit later.. but Pella fight was another "cheap" victory.
    Can't comment on sieges, that's z3n's domain.

- Not the first time but AI sometimes leaves their cities empty, a pity i had no troops arround.
    http://imgur.com/a/OA2Gn
    Nothing much we can do about this; it's one of the reasons the garrison script exists. So that at least capitals aren't easily overrun.

- Who said traveling abroad on hollidays is something "modern"? Lusitan heir was on hollidays going for a walk in central europe....with his fellows.
    http://imgur.com/a/hHCqt
    Not sure what's going on there.

- Dunno if diplomatic stances are working as you have planned but this campaign Pontos and Ptolomeiaoi, Carthage and Epeiros, made peace in first turns, something that i hadnt see lately and it has a lot of sense. It helped Epeiros a lot in my opinion since their fleets are usually sunk by a mix of battles agains Romans AND Carthage. Roma made peace with Epeiros fast too once they took Taras, they had as usuall lots of "work" in north italy. Turns later they declared war again on Epeiros due to Taras switching sides. It is turn 90 and Epeiros still holds Tara. Roma is having a bad time in the North. And Taras rebellion didnt help neither.

http://imgur.com/a/5ABis
    Hopefully at least there's a sense of change going on, that factions move back and forth between them?

- Some other people has told you too, but the loose of AI armies due to them going rebel is troublesome id say. No clue how to solve it, i am just letting you know. It seems like when things goes "well" AI loose less armies. But any AI faction facing "some" defeats , those AI faction that needs to "clean" strong rebel armies, or conquer "difficult" well garrisoned cities ( they ever need attempt after attempt), make his faction leader loose autority and then their armies start going rebel. I am doing my best guess here. Dunno if adding authority with traits via script would be a lot of work, or even doable, or if youd need to remove authority trait present + add good authority trait every... 10 turns? like "refreshing" it from time to time. Or if this would be gamebreaking, or if would help a lot big/huge AI factions and not that much to small ones... dunno. Just thinking in a loud voice.

http://imgur.com/a/nPkXM
    We're using the vanilla setting on this, the AI only suffers 25% of the rebellion-linked penalties. If we start helping the AI factions, they'll never have any revolts, which is worse as far as I'm concerned.

- Regarding naval invasions, that someone asked in these forums and i showed him what i had fount in last campaign, you can see these keep having place. KB with only 2 cities North of "Pontos Euxinus" went for Sinope.

http://imgur.com/a/ksDdf

Talking about KB, they declared war on me with what looks like a "port crash", not sure if they wanted to wage war on me. Turns later they appeared in Histrie with 3 fleet x 2 ships each, an almost full stack of HAC and another 2 1/2 and 3/4 stack and some other minor stacks. Id say "all they had avaliable" so not sure if it was a "port crash" or "intended".

http://imgur.com/a/ef1Fa
    Given the size of the invasion, sounds like they intended it.

- This one is prolly due to my files editing to make KH able to build polis_one. But in Dardanion building brownser shows you need a small marketplace to build the polis_one, and i was in that process when all in a sudden the polis_one appeared in the avaliable for construction building queue. Maybe someone playing another hellenistic faction can check this or it is prolly all my fault?.

http://imgur.com/a/ZkTb0

- Opps.. i think it is the first time.. not sure but i think it is firs that i get this one. I LOLed a lot.
    http://imgur.com/a/vp6DP
    If you have colony points available, it will appear in the building browser of places which qualify.

- I know you have modified Pergamon reforms so id like to add here some screenshots of Ankyra area every 5 turns. Maybe it is a matter of many factors combination, but by turn 90ish those able to crack the Ankyra nut are going to conquer the world for sure.

http://imgur.com/a/ybc9s
    OK, good to see.

Now regarding ancillaries... i wanna kill someone.. dunno if Ghengis is guilty here or somebody else [( man i was going to add that emoticon with an angry red face that i liked a lot and i cant find it anywhere grrr) so ill just smach Ghengis a bit , Ghengis if you arent guilty and you know who is.. please, send him the emoticons, ok? ], but as i told you in previous versions how easy my FM and generals had their ancillaries roster full... now it has gone the opposit end of the scale. It cant be i have had so bad luck this time. I have 13 FM and general total now. They have 3 doctors + 2 physician + 1 herbalist + 1 chirurgeon what could be about right ( umhh i added one of those doctors with give_ancillary since i had 5 cities in Hellas with 5 FM and none of those when i needed to fight some rebels). But beside those i have had none priest, none in the line to decrease building cost, none that gives movement points beside the intrepid explorer i have since the begining, none "orator" when in last campaign almost every FM had one( that could be too many , i know), almost no philopher, merchant, historian, librarian, one each i think, only one misstress!! when i "had to remove" them with remove_ancillary in last game, 3 or 4 garum chefs... All in all 34 ancillaries having "room" for 104. What i have had is like half a docen of the "unique" ancillaries, those named ones that i think i have got all in Athens. Of course i keep playing as ever and school is one of the first buildings i made in each city, sometimes even before the goverment building. So there are school_one everywhere and school_two ( academy?) in Athens and couple more cities about to get it. Man i rather delete them when rosters are full than the way it is now. It is almost turn 90 and in last campaign i was deleting ancillaries to make room for others, now i have plenty of room. I hope you find the good middle point .

Ok enought typing i need to make KB pay for his treacherous war!! I hope you find some of this info helpfull. Keep the good work.

Regards:

melvidh
    I haven't included any updates of the descr_ancillaries in these patches, mostly because there are deletions (which can't be applied) and hundreds of new portraits. So you're not getting any of the updates in that regard, they'll be in 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    You have to edit the "export_descr_buildings" and "campaign_script" files according to my instructions here (courtesy QuintusSertorius):

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hellenon+polis

Small note: adding the polis and military colony building functions for KH is not save-game compatible!
    One thing to note, the later governments have been designed with KH's inability to build a polis in mind. Firstly, they can convert with their government buildings (something none of the Hellenistic factions can do). The kh6 imitates the polis for places which have the right level of rel_h and the kh7/kh8 imitate the helcol_two.

So while being able to establish new polis_ones isn't too distorting, being able to build Hellenistic colonies is. That will not only give you far more conversion than anyone else, but also allow you to double up on Hellenistic professionals at the end of the reform chain. Not only that, the colonisation represents moving Makedonian settlers, in the same vein as the Seleukids and Ptolemaioi did. Establishing new polis_ones is the closest we have to a KH-appropriate style of colonisation.

I'd strongly suggest that you don't give KH the ability to build the helcol.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    That looks like the re-emergence script not working properly. Had the Getai just re-emerged? It shouldn't be running if the Getai are alive.
    Umhh , no, no, Getai was never destroyed yet, they have 2 cities and they had attacked ( and failed) Histria once when i sieged Histria and conquered it. Histria has never belonged to any faction , it has been ever rebel city till i conquered it.

If you have colony points available, it will appear in the building browser of places which qualify.
    Well.. but the issue is that the small marketplace wasnt built yet, it had 4 or 5 turns remaining, and it is a prerrequisite, right? i mean city wasnt qualified yet. Thats what surprised me.

I haven't included any updates of the descr_ancillaries in these patches, mostly because there are deletions (which can't be applied) and hundreds of new portraits. So you're not getting any of the updates in that regard, they'll be in 2.3.
    But have you ( i mean team) changed anything about the rate/conditions to get ancillaries since .. say 2.2g to this last 2.2l ? cause difference is huge.

Regards:

melvidh

PD: I read about the garrison script in the other thread, i am glad you fount another way to fire it and that it will trigger on cities been besieged. Good work.

On my Pontos campaign i noticed how strong Ankyra is now - at around 40 turns there were like 5-6 stacks, and seeing that screen at 84 turns with 10 stacks makes me wonder what's the point. I don't think any AI faction will be able to conquer it, and it will take a well setup player faction to kill 10 full stacks of galatians (i gave up trying as Pontos). I thought Pergamon was the faction that historically had more problems with Ankyra, but in EB2 i think Pontos suffers the most due to Amaseia being permanently targeted by all those stacks.

I think the galatian independence script should only activate when ankyra is conquered (representing unrest and rebels), and the regenerating stacks part should be limited, like if there already is a full stack of raiders (roaming stack, 20 units), then no more can spawn. When the stack is killed or it's numbers reduced below 20, it would spawn again up to 20. Just one idea, something to keep the rebel numbers up after one attack, but without them getting so many stacks over time.

The whole purpose of the Galatian Independence script is to keep it Rebel as long as possible. Only triggering when it's been conquered would be entirely pointless.

It's not possible to count how many stacks are present, the only way you can count them is when they're first spawned. And you can't count those spawned via the regular bandit method.

Im glad im playing my Pontos campaign in 2.2j. Having there neutral region with more power than any other faction can afford concetrate there, not trying to expand(they never split those forces) and they just work like magnet for another faction stacks, instead of using them for more important duties leads to nothing more but having Anatolia stuck. Ai takes them like a threat, which in fat they are not for them.

The Galatians are there to stop everyone from taking Ankyra, not just the player.

Turn 80 with Pergamon on H/M. Pushed the Ptolomaioi out of Asia Minor, took all their three settlements by myself, also took Byzantion and Nikaia and still in an Alliance with the Seleukids. Pontos attacked Nikaia two times with a 1/3 stack and asked for a ceasefire both times after I defeated their attack. Currently focusing on economy and thinking about attacking the Seleukids to take the cities to meet the requirements for the reform.

What I noticed so far: I got the Galatian visitors event quite a lot of times in the beginning, but less so in the last ten years. After fighting them a few times I choose the pay them off. Must be in total like ten times, around half of it got payed off, the rest I choose to fight. By paying them off I once got a mercenary unit of Kurepos in my capital. The Galatians spawn happily their full stacks around their capital and just leave them there. At one point their city was surrounded by 6 full stacks and one full stack inside the city. All of them were rebel stacks with celtic units only, so no greek rebels or asian rebels. I slowly try to reduce the number of stacks by trying to lure them into battle one after another. However, even when I park my army two grids away from them, they donīt attack, only if Iīm right next to them. In general these stacks donīt move at all.
    The Seleucids didnīt moved their full stack they got from the beginning at Sardis for the first 50 turns, until I finally captured Side. Ephesos and Halikarnassos were captured in the first year by me, so maybe that rush broke the AI for that stack. The Seleucids are stable on all fronts with minor gains spread around equally.

Anything else I should pay attention to and report?

One more note: the picture of the unit card and the picture in the unit description of the Doryphoroi kata Galaton seems off. They look like a levy force in the unit card and like a professional spearmen force in the description. I didnīt had the chance to use them in battle, yet. So I canīt say which one is more accurate.

hi, started a new campaign with rome vh/m v2.2l. turn 187.
    campaign playing really well, all factions still alive, ai having good wars against each.. its been fun.
    but several issues with traits, and playing as rome, its quite a nitemere.
    the imperator trait=
    my very 1st fight against the rebel stack earned my faction hier the imperator trait, after turn 87 and alot of battles against rebels, he still hadnt recieved the triumphus.
    now on turn 187.
    every other general that had imperium, also recieved the imperator trait after fighting 1 battle against a rebel army, and now cannot enter rome, untill senate gives its blessing. this trait seems broken against rebels, and kills all imersion from a role playing sence as your generals cant enter rome........
    2 of my generals recieved the imperator trait against carthage and then recieved the triumphus several battles later, so it works against real factions..

uncomfortable supervisor trait
    my faction leader at 68 recieved this trait sitting at rome, and kept it till he died.
    my generals with imperium, in the later stages of thier lives 50+, after fighting a battle also recieved this trait, though it went again after putting them in a city for several turns.

unschooled trait
    alot of my new family members now have this trait. has something changed??
    its been quite testing in trying to work out the best way forward for new family members, and without much success in truth..
    as it seems if i leave a new guy in rome with a school, after he turns 21, and he is dull but vigourous he gets the unschooled trait, if i put him in the army at 20, its a coin flip if he gets this trait..
    my new family members who are sharp, if i put them in the army at 20, they get the unschooled trait, but if i leave em at rome they seem not to.. its quite confusing..
    this also brings the uncomfortable supervisor into question again, as the new young guys need an imperium holding officer to tag along with, but they keep getting this trait after fighting...

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug_Total View Post
    Turn 80 with Pergamon on H/M. Pushed the Ptolomaioi out of Asia Minor, took all their three settlements by myself, also took Byzantion and Nikaia and still in an Alliance with the Seleukids. Pontos attacked Nikaia two times with a 1/3 stack and asked for a ceasefire both times after I defeated their attack. Currently focusing on economy and thinking about attacking the Seleukids to take the cities to meet the requirements for the reform.

What I noticed so far: I got the Galatian visitors event quite a lot of times in the beginning, but less so in the last ten years. After fighting them a few times I choose the pay them off. Must be in total like ten times, around half of it got payed off, the rest I choose to fight. By paying them off I once got a mercenary unit of Kurepos in my capital. The Galatians spawn happily their full stacks around their capital and just leave them there. At one point their city was surrounded by 6 full stacks and one full stack inside the city. All of them were rebel stacks with celtic units only, so no greek rebels or asian rebels. I slowly try to reduce the number of stacks by trying to lure them into battle one after another. However, even when I park my army two grids away from them, they donīt attack, only if Iīm right next to them. In general these stacks donīt move at all.
    The Seleucids didnīt moved their full stack they got from the beginning at Sardis for the first 50 turns, until I finally captured Side. Ephesos and Halikarnassos were captured in the first year by me, so maybe that rush broke the AI for that stack. The Seleucids are stable on all fronts with minor gains spread around equally.

Very similar to my own experience.
    Although there was a time when my FH Eumenes, after conquering Cyprus, was traveling to Nikaia with very irregular army (without almost any proper line infantry, as it was going to meet with reinforcements from pergamum) and stepped accidentally in a corner of the Galatia province (the one near Ipsus). By some reason the celts got really insulted by it, first attacked with 2 stacks at once (really epic battle, 2000 vs 6000) and then with consecutive single stacks, even after retreating (to Seleucid territory) they continued pursuing so I realy had to admit defeat to stop the chase (as my army was really depleted by then).
    But most of the time I tried to lure Galatian armies to attack my own they ignored me unless I got really close to them, so I don't know what happened that time.

One more note: the picture of the unit card and the picture in the unit description of the Doryphoroi kata Galaton seems off. They look like a levy force in the unit card and like a professional spearmen force in the description. I didnīt had the chance to use them in battle, yet. So I canīt say which one is more accurate.
    That one is a placeholder, the proper Galatianized units will be available in 2.3

When 2.3 eventually comes will it include the latest of QS`s updates eg k or l within 2.3 ? If it`s not separate how many QS updates will it lack.?

Is there going to be 2.3a on day of 2.3 release?

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    When 2.3 eventually comes will it include the latest of QS`s updates eg k or l within 2.3 ? If it`s not separate how many QS updates will it lack.?

Is there going to be 2.3a on day of 2.3 release?

Thankyou
    The direction of updates is actually the other way around. Each of the 2.2x updates is featuring something already implemented in the dev build that will eventually become 2.3. It already has all the updates and more. The editorial decision I make is in deciding what can be channeled into the patch.

I'm musing on the new Sabaean scripts, which aren't quite working as desired yet, and whether they'd merit a 2.2m for example.

Some minor issues i found, many likely unintended
    - Sarmatian lancers (bow/lance) still have 28 ap lances, i thought all cavalry lances lost their ap.
    - Nezagdar (parthian spearmen) have the "hide in long grass" attribute, not sure that's intended given their gear.
    - Uazali (karian warband) have levy unit size, shouldn't they have normal? Kombaragoues (boii elite spearmen) have normal unit size, shouldn't they have elite?
    - As Baktria i'm getting FMs that start with the Trader trait, later get upright eirenarchos (+trade trait), but then also get "bad trader" (trade penalty). Other small issue is some FMs getting discreet but also loilopolos (rumourmonger).
    - On the recruitment viewer, it shows that Batoroi and Kurepos can be recruited on Galatia with an allied democracy/oligarchy, yet trying with Pergamon/Pontos i've been unable to do so, and looking at the files these two units don't seem to appear at all outside of mercenary pools in the west.
    - Why are Kurepos (west celt cav) considerably faster than Londo Epatoi (east celt cav)? They both seem to have the same celtic horse, but the east celts seem lightlier equipped (even though armor rating are the same?) and with weaker melee, so i'm not sure what they have going on for them besides being cheaper. If anything making the east celt cav faster would make it a little more competitive compared to the west one, right now they seem outclassed.
    - I noticed that the AI will declare war on you if you offer a tempting target, for example i was putting up watchtowers as baktria with one of my generals, and as soon as a small parthian stack spotted him they attacked him. I had good relations with them, it looked as if the AI cannot resist the temptation of those good odds.
    - On the plus side i noticed how alliances sometimes really dissuade neighbours from attacking, as Pontos i allied with the Prolemaioi, and suddenly Pergamon stopped pestering me and my "power" in diplomacy screen rised to "supreme". However i've seen the AI being bad allies all too often, i get attacked and they won't join the war, as Baktria it hurt more because even though i'm paying they still won't bother helping - good seed for rebellion
    - The unrest mechanics seem a lot more complicated than i remember in EB1, i'm aware of the alternate piety boolean that makes piety acts as management, so high influence generals are key to reducing unrest. The problem is if i enslave or sack, the unrest starts small but quickly build up like at the same levels as if you just occupied. Also some settlements seem a lot more problematic than others, like Trapezous for Pontos it's very pacific, while Egrisi or Sinope are just annoying. Baktria has the same thing with unruly Marakanda but pacific Oskobara, yet they both have greek minorities, the difference in unrest shouldn't be that huge. There must be other factors going on that i can't see, maybe some pre-determined regions are harder to hold for some factions? or rebels nearby? (i doubt it because Amaseia was fine while being utterly devastated, no unrest from that).

The Galatian Visitors event is random, so it isn't predictable how often it will trigger. It's linked to the earliest path to reform, particularly refusing it and fighting them off.

Galatian spawns won't be Greek, there weren't any Greeks living in the interior. Phrygians and other natives didn't form part of the Galatian armies until later - the spawns will change in composition over time.

The Seleukid AI has a tricky time with so many fronts to act on at once. We've not been able to do anything about Alexandros, and haven't yet resorted to scripting him to act in a particular way.

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    hi, started a new campaign with rome vh/m v2.2l. turn 187.
    campaign playing really well, all factions still alive, ai having good wars against each.. its been fun.
    but several issues with traits, and playing as rome, its quite a nitemere.
    the imperator trait=
    my very 1st fight against the rebel stack earned my faction hier the imperator trait, after turn 87 and alot of battles against rebels, he still hadnt recieved the triumphus.
    now on turn 187.
    every other general that had imperium, also recieved the imperator trait after fighting 1 battle against a rebel army, and now cannot enter rome, untill senate gives its blessing. this trait seems broken against rebels, and kills all imersion from a role playing sence as your generals cant enter rome........
    2 of my generals recieved the imperator trait against carthage and then recieved the triumphus several battles later, so it works against real factions..

uncomfortable supervisor trait
    my faction leader at 68 recieved this trait sitting at rome, and kept it till he died.
    my generals with imperium, in the later stages of thier lives 50+, after fighting a battle also recieved this trait, though it went again after putting them in a city for several turns.

unschooled trait
    alot of my new family members now have this trait. has something changed??
    its been quite testing in trying to work out the best way forward for new family members, and without much success in truth..
    as it seems if i leave a new guy in rome with a school, after he turns 21, and he is dull but vigourous he gets the unschooled trait, if i put him in the army at 20, its a coin flip if he gets this trait..
    my new family members who are sharp, if i put them in the army at 20, they get the unschooled trait, but if i leave em at rome they seem not to.. its quite confusing..
    this also brings the uncomfortable supervisor into question again, as the new young guys need an imperium holding officer to tag along with, but they keep getting this trait after fighting...
    Sorry, same answer for all things trait-related: we'll get round to fixing their triggers eventually. It's a universal issue with AntiTrait interactions, and isn't a simple job to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Some minor issues i found, many likely unintended
    - Sarmatian lancers (bow/lance) still have 28 ap lances, i thought all cavalry lances lost their ap.
    - Nezagdar (parthian spearmen) have the "hide in long grass" attribute, not sure that's intended given their gear.
    Those look like oversights.

- Uazali (karian warband) have levy unit size, shouldn't they have normal? Kombaragoues (boii elite spearmen) have normal unit size, shouldn't they have elite?
    Intentional. The Uazali are semi-professionals, Boii Retainers aren't elites, they're professionals. Argoi are the Celtic elites.

- As Baktria i'm getting FMs that start with the Trader trait, later get upright eirenarchos (+trade trait), but then also get "bad trader" (trade penalty). Other small issue is some FMs getting discreet but also loilopolos (rumourmonger).
    As above on traits.

- On the recruitment viewer, it shows that Batoroi and Kurepos can be recruited on Galatia with an allied democracy/oligarchy, yet trying with Pergamon/Pontos i've been unable to do so, and looking at the files these two units don't seem to appear at all outside of mercenary pools in the west.
    The RV is reading something wrong; neither unit are recruitable for non-Celtic factions, they're only mercenaries.

- Why are Kurepos (west celt cav) considerably faster than Londo Epatoi (east celt cav)? They both seem to have the same celtic horse, but the east celts seem lightlier equipped (even though armor rating are the same?) and with weaker melee, so i'm not sure what they have going on for them besides being cheaper. If anything making the east celt cav faster would make it a little more competitive compared to the west one, right now they seem outclassed.
    Kurepos - the mercenary cavalry - are professionals on horses. Londo Epatoi are semi-professionals on ponies. Kurepos are supposed to be better than them and Leuce Epos.

- I noticed that the AI will declare war on you if you offer a tempting target, for example i was putting up watchtowers as baktria with one of my generals, and as soon as a small parthian stack spotted him they attacked him. I had good relations with them, it looked as if the AI cannot resist the temptation of those good odds.
    - On the plus side i noticed how alliances sometimes really dissuade neighbours from attacking, as Pontos i allied with the Prolemaioi, and suddenly Pergamon stopped pestering me and my "power" in diplomacy screen rised to "supreme". However i've seen the AI being bad allies all too often, i get attacked and they won't join the war, as Baktria it hurt more because even though i'm paying they still won't bother helping - good seed for rebellion
    I don't think you can get the AI to "help" when they're allies. The CAI simply hasn't been written that way by CA.

- The unrest mechanics seem a lot more complicated than i remember in EB1, i'm aware of the alternate piety boolean that makes piety acts as management, so high influence generals are key to reducing unrest. The problem is if i enslave or sack, the unrest starts small but quickly build up like at the same levels as if you just occupied. Also some settlements seem a lot more problematic than others, like Trapezous for Pontos it's very pacific, while Egrisi or Sinope are just annoying. Baktria has the same thing with unruly Marakanda but pacific Oskobara, yet they both have greek minorities, the difference in unrest shouldn't be that huge. There must be other factors going on that i can't see, maybe some pre-determined regions are harder to hold for some factions? or rebels nearby? (i doubt it because Amaseia was fine while being utterly devastated, no unrest from that).
    The unrest mechanics in M2TW are completely different to RTW. Religion is a major factor, and sacking places isn't the automatic route to calm. Generally Allied Governments are best for places wildly divergent from your own. Client Rulers have a big impact.

Hi QuintusSertorius ,

After turn 100 the performance of my mod seems to drop.

My labtop specifications are as belows:

Windows 10

System:

Intel Core i7 @2Ghz

RAM 8GB

NVIDIA@ GeForce @GT 750M with 4GB Dedicated VRAM

64-bit operation system

Is my labtop not sufficient to run EB2? Or is there any way to simplify the scripts running in EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by mingyong2424 View Post
    Hi QuintusSertorius ,

After turn 100 the performance of my mod seems to drop.

My labtop specifications are as belows:

Windows 10

System:

Intel Core i7 @2Ghz

RAM 8GB

64-bit operation system

Is my labtop not sufficient to run EB2? Or is there any way to simplify the scripts running in EB2?
    I have no idea why that might be happening, there's nothing that happens at 100 turns, and indeed certain elements of the script would have switched off by then. No one else has ever reported anything like this either, so I'm afraid I can't help you. It sounds local to your machine/installation.

Though I would note a 2GHz processor is rather slow.

Do you mean 100 turns in total, or 100 turns of continuous play?

System:

Intel Core i7 @2Ghz with turbo boost up to 3.1GHz, what is turboboost by the way and how
    does it affect EB2 performance?

RAM 8GB

64-bit operation system

Scenerio:

100 turns for my latest romani campaign, only happens once as I never played
    a campaign over a 100 turns. It's not exactly on 100 turns, but after
    every faction begins to attack each other, the game performance drops. It become laggier
    both in battle and campaign.

Additionally whenever there is a battle where has more than one army, enemy or my reinforcements
    are delayed. Either upgrade my hardware or reduce the game settings. This is the announcement. Only
    when all of the armies each have very few units will they appear later in the battle.

Is there anyway to solve this also? Reduce the unit size, shorten the scripts? If EB2 still can't function properly
    , is EBI a good alternative to EB2? Does my labtop specficiations meet the requirements to run EBI with
    relatively good performance?

Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to increase the speed of movement soldiers with sarissas in phalanx condition ?Or it's hardcoded?They are constantly move behind main forces and often arrive to the end of the battle ... this applies, of course, AI phalanxes.

Thanks QS for your answer to my post (no 952)