Thread: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Default Re: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    This arrogant ass... doesn't speak for anyone but himself.
    Not really, judging from the fact - I repeat - Downing Street has abandoned plans for Donald Trump to address Parliament. Again: Trump will not be allowed to address the joint Houses of Parliament.
    ------
    -------
    Let's go back in time - January 2016 - take a look, British MPs debate a petition seeking to ban Donald Trump from entering the U.K. The debate was triggered by a public petition launched in the wake of Trump's call to ban Muslims from the U.S.Obviously, the debate was non-binding, with no vote taken at the end.

I don't think Donald Trump should be allowed within 1,000 miles of our shore
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Flynn is a bloody genius, if compared to some morons from FBI/CIA who fell for a Game of Thrones gag.
    Who was stupid enough to lie to both the FBI and the Vice President. Which he knows are felonies. Bravo Flynn. The man's an idiot.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Who was stupid enough to lie to both the FBI and the Vice President. Which he knows are felonies. Bravo Flynn. The man's an idiot.
    We are not talking about Flynn, we are talking about morons from FBI/CIA who fell for an obvious bait. I hope trump keeps doing that, they need to be embarrassed and laughed at as much as possible.

We are not talking about Flynn, we are talking about morons from FBI/CIA who fell for an obvious bait. I hope trump keeps doing that, they need to be embarrassed and laughed at as much as possible.
    When did the FBI/CIA get a DHS draft? Do you know anything? Are YOU smarter than Flynn at all?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

His view point is rather narrow, which tends to blinker him to the consequences.

The question is, if he received instructions and/or the go ahead to talk to the Russians.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

When did the FBI/CIA get a DHS draft? Do you know anything? Are YOU smarter than Flynn at all?
    You seem to be upset over the fact that CIA/FBI have morons working for them. Won't be surprised if Flynn was being used as bait all along as well.

You seem to be upset over the fact that CIA/FBI have morons working for them. Won't be surprised if Flynn was being used as bait all along as well.
    Hell dude, by the nature of a bell curve every agency or corporation will have idiots working for them. What world do you live in and what makes you think I'd be upset about this reality? I'm asking what makes you think a DHS draft would get outside DHS.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I guess the guy who had a PHD in physics that pointed that graph out to me didn't know what he was talking about.
    Dont go that way there is tons of Physics with PhD that say otherwise, actualy the majority of cientific comunity acknowledges the Greenhouse effect, and the correlation with man made carbon emissions, and suporting climate changes/Global warming,and our hand in it.

That is the overall judgment among scientists basicaly. It aint a single opinion of a physic with a PhD that will change that, on its own.

Personaly If he is saying what you are saying, about the graph then he has a peculiar interpretation of the graph. Technicaly he isnt wrong, if he only takes into account the last few years of the graph. The last drop.... i mean.

I would say it is a skewed view not to take into account the whole graph, and the big picture, and only the small part that is convinient to a certain agenda.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 18, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Personaly If he is saying what you are saying, about the graph then he has a peculiar interpretation of the graph. Technicaly he isnt wrong, if he only takes into account the last few years of the graph. The last drop.... i mean.

I would say it is a skewed view not to take into account the whole graph, and the big picture, and only the small part that is convinient to a certain agenda.
    He's basically ignoring the forest for the trees. Which is a strange thing to do considering climate study is all about the long haul studies.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Here's an article you really should read. It's a portent of things that will be coming out this year revealing just how fraudulent the man-made global warming theory is. Manipulating data to create a false data set is not science:

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic..._revealed.html
    Kewl, so you already have your Nobel Prize then? Say hi to King Salman for me.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Not really, judging from the fact - I repeat - Downing Street has abandoned plans for Donald Trump to address Parliament. Again: Trump will not be allowed to address the joint Houses of Parliament.
    You will need to stop reading fake news, there were no plans to visit Parliament to abandon in the first place. just a cocky Speaker, who sought to antagonize and embarrass his former colleagues in the government.

Trump has yet again gone onto the offensive against the media at a rally in Florida. It is difficult, because save from criticism of them, there is little he can do about media bias. His intention of setting up a rival news service has been rendered inoperable as long as he is president. The war of words can only get increasing more bitter.

Donald Trump savages media at Florida rally
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39018096
    "US President Donald Trump has launched another fierce attack on the media at a "campaign rally for America" event in Florida.

He told the crowd the media did not want "to report the truth" and had their own agenda.
    In the UK, we have the marvelous highly respected and unbiased BBC of course, who in answer to Tump's recent savaging of their reporter Jon Sopel at a press conference, have been more than open about their feelings for Donald Trump, with stories based on internet memes like;

Internet memes mock Donald Trump by making him look small - literally
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39015879
    "Opponents of US President Donald Trump know he has responded to comments about the size of his hands before.

Now, some internet users have gone one step further and doctored images to make his whole body look miniscule."

Such great journalism!!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    actualy the majority of cientific comunity acknowledges the Greenhouse effect, and the correlation with man made carbon emissions, and suporting climate changes/Global warming,

A comparative guide to science denial

---

Sen. John McCain raises concerns

What would von Kleist's generation say if they saw our world today?"
    He then answered, "They would be alarmed by an increasing turn away from universal values and toward old ties of blood, and race, and sectarianism. They would be alarmed by the hardening resentment we see toward immigrants, and refugees, and minority groups, especially Muslims."
    He added, "They would be alarmed by the growing inability, and even unwillingness, to separate truth from lies. They would be alarmed that more and more of our fellow citizens seem to be flirting with authoritarianism and romanticizing it as our moral equivalent.
    Bingo
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 18, 2017 at 06:18 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

In the UK, we have the marvelous highly respected and unbiased BBC of course, who in answer to Tump's recent savaging of their reporter Jon Sopel at a press conference, have been more than open about their feelings for Donald Trump, with stories based on internet memes like;

Such great journalism!!
    Last I checked, the memes were trending. Facts are facts. And not everyone hunts down the subreddit to know about it. This was actually news to me. Thanks BBC! Not you. No thanks to you. You were just about BBC doing their job.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Last I checked, the memes were trending. Facts are facts. And not everyone hunts down the subreddit to know about it. This was actually news to me. Thanks BBC! Not you. No thanks to you. You were just about BBC doing their job.
    Memes aren't journalism. This is tabloid newspaper stuff, not something the BBC should be using as content for real news.
    This in contrast to the BBC's almost total disregard for the recent French riots. They have an agenda and its obvious!

Memes aren't journalism. This is tabloid newspaper stuff, not something the BBC should be using as content for real news.
    This in contrast to the BBC's almost total disregard for the recent French riots. They have an agenda and its obvious!
    Reporting on facts IS journalism. You yourself said why they put the article out there. Every paper and news agency tends to have little tidbits like this in their back pocket they politely don't post. Then Trump decides to savage their reporter for no apparent reason. And mind you 50 words and a bunch of pictures doesn't take a whole lot out of their day. A half hour and back to their real job. Well, fact 1: memes were trending. Fact 2: they were about Trump. BBC: Let's report on these facts!

Two can play at this game caratacus, whether you like it or not. This may seem like a slightly new idea to you because, mostly, the last time the discord between the President and the Press was this brutal was back during god damn Nixon when the press was doing a better job at investigations than actual investigative agencies.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    That's news to me too. The Brits I know (relatively young, university educated, Londoners or Scots) think Trump is a joke.
    The Brits I know think relatively young, university educated Londoners are a joke.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; February 20, 2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Off-topic commentary

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Shamelessly replicating inaccurate and cherry picked data from a blog which isn't peer reviewed in order to combat decades of peer reviewed data on global trends which don't agree
    Alan Cheetham uses basic data manipulation to get his results, he uses localized data to draw global conclusions, if he wants to bury recent trends he expands years, if he wants to bury long term trends he closes them. Unfortunately when we use the most accurate data his manipulation becomes obvious and it becomes clear he's misusing real data to mislead the reader into believing his conclusion while not getting into the details about how he came up with it. His terrible little theory would not survive basic peer review and just a casual understanding of GISTEMP data is enough to invalidate his entire web-blog. Sorry dude, if you want to debate climate science I suggest you find the publically available .pdf's in scholar.google.com. There is counter-science out there but if you think you're going to find it in an electrical engineer's web-blog you've lost the argument before you've begun.

What about railroad engineers, elfdude?

For those interested in the science: the world hasn't warmed as much as the alarmists and their prescient models claimed it would, the world hasn't warmed due to anthropogenic factors, and, in fact, the world hasn't warmed in any actual meaning of the term. You will often see environmentalists use the term "climate change" nowadays. Any natural phenomenon can be explained as due to climate change. Lower temperatures, higher temperatures, regular temperatures, more rain, less rain. It's all climate change. It is simply impossible to falsify. You either believe or get branded as a "denier."

The solution, too, is, of course, to give more money and power to government.
    Last edited by Prodromos; February 18, 2017 at 08:39 PM.

A lot of reporters had heard about the Russian hooker peeing sessions, but didn't report on it, because there they didn't have confirmation, the Beeb amongst them.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    That's news to me too. The Brits I know (relatively young, university educated, Londoners or Scots) think Trump is a joke.
    Unfortunately a sizeable majority of the UK is not young, not university educated, not Scottish and certainly not Londoners. I can't imagine that 'most' Brits think of Trump in favourable terms, but certainly upwards of 1/3rd. And probably a majority in most areas outside of Scotland and the big cities.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."