Thread: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

If CNN thinks Russia, China, Iran and others make their policy based on what they say they are abject morons.

Umm I'm pretty sure the sequestration was due to the gridlock in Congress
    A congress he inherited with his party in the super majority? A congress with whom Obama refused to even negotiate with his own damned party? Where no dissenting voice was allowed on the Democratic side.

A president that refused to even entertain that he was not the God emperor of the world? Who forced Joe Biden, an actual moderator, to not run not so that Hillary would have no opposition, not so that Hillary would not win but so that Hillary would be forced to adopt as many of Obama's poisonous legacy could be forced on her.

The s who participated in all of this are the media who pretended Obama did no wrong and blamed everyone else, just like they did for Bush and Bill Clinton.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Yes. Reading its history I'm surprised that any kind of healthcare reform got through.
    First of all, calling it reform is being overly generous. Second of all, bad laws and legislation gets through more than any "good" law could ever hope. It's a hallmark of western democracy.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

You think Trump will defend you against Putin? He thinks the EU is too heavy a backpack to carry, allying with Russia is easier, and also more profitable, until China destroys the market in the Pacific and Africa, but still...
    I expect the Pentagon to do it's job. You know Trump is not a bloody emperor with unlimited power. There are branches of government.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    OK, elections are over, transition is over. When are we going to get rid of that creepy ##### (Kellyanne Conway) ?!

Sure, she talks sense like "Why the heck do you care about Crowd sizes!?" but that weird, soulless smile is creeping me out.
    I've been given the impression that criticism like this is considered misogynist, but I don't know if that applies to criticizing Republican women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Costin_Razvan View Post
    If CNN thinks Russia, China, Iran and others make their policy based on what they say they are abject morons.

A congress he inherited with his party in the super majority? A congress with whom Obama refused to even negotiate with his own damned party? Where no dissenting voice was allowed on the Democratic side.

A president that refused to even entertain that he was not the God emperor of the world? Who forced Joe Biden, an actual moderator, to not run not so that Hillary would have no opposition, not so that Hillary would not win but so that Hillary would be forced to adopt as many of Obama's poisonous legacy could be forced on her.

The s who participated in all of this are the media who pretended Obama did no wrong and blamed everyone else, just like they did for Bush and Bill Clinton.
    If we sort through this rant we find...not much. The hatred for Obama runs deep, I guess he promised a new hope but what you got was the phantom menace.

We're seeing the same lazy ranting about Trump form other sectors, its extremely boring when "its all this one guy, blame him" is the chant. Its simplistic and its wrong.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    A democratic government is decided through a popular vote. That's not the case in USA. There it's decided through the electoral college. If popular vote was the deciding factor Trump wouldn't be president right now. What you're failing to grasp here is that people are not protesting the results of the election. If that was the case, their statements would be directed at voters, not Trump. What's being protested is Trump, and his corruption and incompetence, evident alone from his cabinet picks. Trump himself called out to people in the previous election to march on Washington D.C. after Obama won.

How does these series of protests undermine the government?
    After the inauguration, Trump stopped beiong just Mr Trump and became America's 45th president. He isn't a monarch and America is a republic which has selected him as leader, whatever you think of the process that did so. I don't think anybody at that demonstration were arguing for the electoral college system being changed. The fact that you cite the aim of this protest as being people expressing their anger at Trump personally, shows how it does not have anything to do with the democratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    We're seeing the same lazy ranting about Trump form other sectors, its extremely boring when "its all this one guy, blame him" is the chant. Its simplistic and its wrong.
    We aren't even a week into Trump's presidency and yet the ranting is becoming unbearable, I don't think I can take 4 years of this, its infantile.

Here is the latest example of how people have become unhinged and have lost their grip. This elderly woman is picking on this young guy sitting next to her because he likes Trump and created a disturbance that led to her being thrown off a plane.
    Anti-Trump rant woman removed from plane
    A passenger is removed from an Alaska Airlines flight for berating the President Trump supporter seated next to her.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_...lines/38723929
    Last edited by caratacus; January 23, 2017 at 07:46 PM.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

A congress he inherited with his party in the super majority?
    I think your timeline's a bit off, sequestration happened the congress after the one Obama "inherited", the democrats had the senate but not the house. I won't comment on the rest of the post since it seems like some really unhealthy obama fixation.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Donald keeping promises...

Over a year ago...

Today...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/22/ma...#ixzz4WZ4b3FAI

Newly minted Secretary of Defense James Mattis celebrated his first full day at the Pentagon by presiding over 31 strikes against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
    Mattis entered the Pentagon Saturday with a smile for his first full day of work, and for good reason, considering the significant bombardment ISIS forces received.
    A variety of fighters, bombers and remotely piloted aircraft engaged in the bombing run, which saw 25 strikes in Syria and six in Iraq. In Syria, two strikes destroyed ISIS units and artillery near the town of Bab. ISIS forces in Raqqa, the terrorist group’s de facto capital, took a heavy beating, as 22 strikes destroyed 12 tactical units, nine fighting positions, two underground improvised explosive bomb factories and an ISIS headquarters. The final strike targeted two ISIS oil wells in Deir ez Zour.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Donald keeping promises...

Over a year ago...

Today...

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/22/ma...#ixzz4WZ4b3FAI

We have an army that's the envy of history. Use it, blow the out of them. Europe couldn't even pretend to imagine the power that Trump wields. Someone was whining that Alexander the Great influenced greater power. What a load of horse sh-t. Alexander never had nukes and Abrams tanks, nor F22 raptors.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

anti-Trumpers set on fire a Limo belonging to a Muslim immigrant. Reparations will be asked probably.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post

We have an army that's the envy of history. Use it, blow the out of them. Europe couldn't even pretend to imagine the power that Trump wields. Someone was whining that Alexander the Great influenced greater power. What a load of horse sh-t. Alexander never had nukes and Abrams tanks, nor F22 raptors.
    You don't understand what power is, but forget it. Let's pretend what you said is ultimately true: even if the nation you happen to be born into is the shining star of human history, it has nothing to do with your own person.
    Last edited by Iskar; January 24, 2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: disruptive line removed

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    You don't understand what power is, but forget it. Let's pretend what you said is ultimately true: even if the nation you happen to be born into is the shining star of human history, it jas nothing to do with your own person.
    Yes, we don't know what power is. Being entrusted with the constitutional authority of the United States of America an armed with a military so powerful it could wipe any and all foes before it with a simple wave of it's hand is not power. I as a citizen of this great nation, and a wealthy political citizen and that, don't know true the true power this great country has to offer. Maybe you're right, I'm under selling it. I, my faction and our President is the most powerful entity to ever rule on this planet.
    Last edited by Iskar; January 24, 2017 at 04:38 AM. Reason: off-topic removed and continuity

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I'm not questioning the historically unique military might of the US and i do respect that. I'm just saying that you shouldn't confuse the glory of your country with your own person. Nobody's gonna kneel becauise you are American.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    I'm not questioning the historically unique military might of the US and i do respect that. I'm just saying that you shouldn't confuse the glory of your country with your own person. Nobody's gonna kneel becauise you are American.
    Not because I'M an American, but our parts in total. Our corporations run the world, our farms can feed the world, our navies control the seas, our financial markets dominate all capital flow. Is that not kneeling? We have no real consistent competitor.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

When I say troops I'm not talking infantry. Obama cut the troops but NOT the requirements for how many planes the US needs to fly, how many tanks and artillery it needs to operate.

To put it bluntly: The US military has a massive air force of thousands of planes that it cannot fly: They have no pilots to fly them or maintenance crews to maintain them. Obama fired so many people from the military that right now that they are down to using flight instructors as pilots. They can't even fly 100 F-35s since they have no one to maintain or fly them and Obama ordered them to take over 1000 F-35s...how the hell do you think the US Air Force can fly the F-35?

That's what Obama did to the military. He gutted their air crews, tank drivers, logistics people overall to the point that they are working far more hours and for longer periods then at any point in US history and they can't keep up and he wanted to cut EVEN MORE.

The US military loathes Obama for this reason.

The US military has three main objectives right now: Ensuring the stability of the Middle East, ensuring the stability of Europe, ensuring the stability of Asia.

Not one, BUT three that need to be maintained at the same time.

Yes they can throw their troops against ISIS and crush them but it would require weakening their forces in Europe that are arrayed against Russia and their forces in Asia arrayed against China. There's a reason the US sent it's F-22 in Asia and NOT Middle East. There's a reason why Britain was asked by the US to send it's carriers in Asia and not anywhere else.

The US, according to the pentagon, cannot fight anything more then a single medium term conflict and that's Obama. Reagan, Clinton and Bush had the military capable of fighting two medium term conflicts at the same time.
    That pretty well sums it up. I can remember when the Army had 28 divisions. Now we can't even muster 28 operationally ready brigades.

And the Navy? We have ships, including carriers, that can't go to sea unless they scab parts off of ships that are supposed to be operational.

Trump has inherited a military readiness disaster. Thanks Obama.

Oh, did I mention he halted production of hellfire missiles while at the same time expending a large part of current inventory?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

When I say troops I'm not talking infantry. Obama cut the troops but NOT the requirements for how many planes the US needs to fly, how many tanks and artillery it needs to operate.

To put it bluntly: The US military has a massive air force of thousands of planes that it cannot fly

That's what Obama did to the military. He gutted their air crews, tank drivers, logistics people overall to the point that they are working far more hours and for longer periods then at any point in US history and they can't keep up and he wanted to cut EVEN MORE.

The US military loathes Obama for this reason.
    Can I see some reference that indeed Obama did that, and the military is not just nagging? That Obama butchered the military going deeper than skeleton crews without reducing how many planes etc have to be active?

The US military has three main objectives right now: Ensuring the stability of the Middle East, ensuring the stability of Europe, ensuring the stability of Asia.

Not one, BUT three that need to be maintained at the same time.

Yes they can throw their troops against ISIS and crush them but it would require weakening their forces in Europe that are arrayed against Russia and their forces in Asia arrayed against China.
    Weakening their forces in Europe that would be a problem. It's that if they invade Syria to fight ISIS, they are destabilizing the middle East even worse and as you correctly said, that's not their plan. So they bomb from afar and leave Syrian, Russian, Iraqi and Iranian forces take on ISIS without risking American soldiers or throwing gasoline in that garage fire.

When she decides to quit? She handles the media marvelously and is the first female to manage a successful presidential campaign.
    Yes she did. And the campaign... finished?

You realize that those were actually planned already, right? USA forces were not just sitting idly. They were doing dozens of airstrikes per month. He's just moving things faster.

Someone was whining that Alexander the Great influenced greater power. What a load of horse sh-t. Alexander never had nukes and Abrams tanks, nor F22 raptors.
    Yes, but he was an absolute ruler so he could use whatever forces he had as he wished. Caligula sent his forces gathering sea shells and nobody could complain. Nero set his capital on fire. Alexander marched to the end of the known world, and a little further just because dragging with him thousands of people wondering "what the heck are we doing here?!". Louis XIV had the balls to say "I am the state".

Trump has to pass most things that matter through senate and congress and can just grant pardons, not order executions.

To put it in simpler terms: Assad now has more power than Trump; he can have people he doesn't like killed. Trump can just tweet how much he dislikes them and threaten to sue them.
    And again: That's a good thing.

Not because I'M an American, but our parts in total. Our corporations run the world, our farms can feed the world, our navies control the seas, our financial markets dominate all capital flow. Is that not kneeling? We have no real consistent competitor.
    Your farms can't feed the world, but that's semantics. The rest are true, except that no, that's not kneeling. You don't have any serious competitors but no, that's not us kneeling to USA might. That's us not minding being in the shadow of USA and actually profiting from it.

You are the strongest army, have the biggest economy and have the strongest influence in the world. So... good for you. Meanwhile, while we don't like everything you do, you're better than the alternative world-pimps we had so far. When we had 5 great powers instead of 2 superpowers, it was a crap-storm that led to WW1. When we had 2 superpowers, the cold war had proxy wars that claimed a lot of lives and kept a lot of bad people in power. So yes, USA as the sole superpower suits us.
    Last edited by Iskar; January 24, 2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: off-topic
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Obama gifts 221 million to the Palestinian Authority hours before leaving office. I'm sure the Israelis and Trump appreciate this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ns-last-hours/

Something the Democrats should be really, really afraid of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wkH9aYfEWk

Donald Trump, lifelong Democrat who took over the Republicans sitting down and being praised by the Unions, the bedrock of the Democratic Party.

Can I see some reference that indeed Obama did that, and the military is not just nagging? That Obama butchered the military going deeper than skeleton crews without reducing how many planes etc have to be active?
    Sure.

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/29/476048...d-the-military

Also this

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a...s/3615658.html

It's very difficult finding anything critical of Obama since the media spent 8 years burying everything bad about him: Like how he was responsible for the Libyan decision, not anyone else.
    Last edited by Costin_Razvan; January 23, 2017 at 11:56 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Something the Democrats should be really, really afraid of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wkH9aYfEWk

Donald Trump, lifelong Democrat who took over the Republicans sitting down and being praised by the Unions, the bedrock of the Democratic Party.

Sure.

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/29/476048...d-the-military

Also this

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/a...s/3615658.html

It's very difficult finding anything critical of Obama since the media spent 8 years burying everything bad about him: Like how he was responsible for the Libyan decision, not anyone else.
    The sources just say that Obama spent less on military (which is true and well documented) and that indeed, airforce says they need more pilots. 20% fewer actually. That doesn't sound that bad.
    Nowhere in there is the doom-and-gloom picture of an atrophied USA military without the ability to carry out its business of protecting American interests all around the world.

And certainly nothing about USA not being able to deploy way more than 28 combat-ready brigades.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    Obama gifts 221 million to the Palestinian Authority hours before leaving office. I'm sure the Israelis and Trump appreciate this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ns-last-hours/
    Now THAT is a legitimate complain and Obama shouldn't have done that. The American people have spoken, loud and clear. It wasn't his job to do that in the final hours. I could understand if he did that in December, frown a bit but still. At 20th of January? Really?
    Last edited by alhoon; January 24, 2017 at 12:01 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

It's a question of resource management.

The military gets so much money, it has no idea where a lot of it is, not counting the black budget, and may not have that much interest in accounting for it.

Then you get weapon programmes that promise much, but assuming they even deliver, the cost benefit becomes questionable. If they even work. Or at least, not before it's time to replace them with a new generation.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.