Page 1 of 158 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Donald's First 100 Days and Before

So - as is the role of the opposition in a functioning democracy, you hold the Government to account and challenge their policies. That's right alt-right kiddies, you're meant to work within the system, not threaten to throw your opponents in jail. Lock up this thread.

Anyway, one of the challenges with Donald's presidency is that his campaign hasn't exactly been well fleshed out on policies, and the policies that have been released aren't clear on how they will work. Some of the more unamerican policies, such as banning people entry to the US based on their religion will be a serious test of American democratic institutions.

There is also the small matter of Donald being due in court in a month on the allegation that he raped a thirteen year old girl.

It's hard to even find solid answers to what Donald's campaign wants to do in the first 100 days. Take this for example:

restrictions on White House officials becoming lobbyists after they leave office;
    term limits for members of Congress;
    the cancellation of all payments to UN climate change programmes and the redeployment of those funds to fix US infrastructure;
    the start of the process of "removing the more than two million criminal, illegal immigrants" - and the denial of visa-free travel to countries who refused to take back their citizens
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37741792

The issue of US infrastructure was brought up in Donald's acceptance speech, where he promised to fix the roads and make the United States' airports "second to none". But the source of the funding has already become contradictory. Above, he intends to source it by cancelling payments to UN climate change programs, which will horrify all with two brain cells to rub together as well as not provide the necessary investment, but in the last days of the campaign, Donald's people claimed they would simply privatise roads instead:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...d_bridges.html

So huge questions remain about what a Donald presidency actually looks like.

Default Re: Donald's First 100 Days and Before

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37741792

The issue of US infrastructure was brought up in Donald's acceptance speech, where he promised to fix the roads and make the United States' airports "second to none". But the source of the funding has already become contradictory. Above, he intends to source it by cancelling payments to UN climate change programs, which will horrify all with two brain cells to rub together as well as not provide the necessary investment, but in the last days of the campaign, Donald's people claimed they would simply privatise roads instead:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/...d_bridges.html

Funding aside, if he wants to impress me on infrastructure he should add modern trains to that. And all across the midwest to boot. Put the midwest back on the map. That might actually be useful for, well, everybody. From every party.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Funding aside, if he wants to impress me on infrastructure he should add modern trains to that. And all across the midwest to boot. Put the midwest back on the map. That might actually be useful for, well, everybody. From every party.
    very nice.. trains.. you people are still jammed on trains and roads

No one is threatening to throw Hillary in jail because of her political views. People want her in jail because of her obvious criminality.

There is also the small matter of Donald being due in court in a month on the allegation that he raped a thirteen year old girl.
    Hahaha. No. This ridiculous case that was never credible was dropped. It's over.

Some of the more unamerican policies, such as banning people entry to the US based on their religion will be a serious test of American democratic institutions.
    Words strung together with no real meaning.

which will horrify all with two brain cells to rub together as well as not provide the necessary investment
    God-Emperor Trump willing, all ridiculous global warming 'agreements' made and enforced by Obama will be undone. Praise be God-Emperor Trump.

God-Emperor Trump willing, all ridiculous new regulations made and enforced by Obama will be undone. Praise be God-Emperor Trump.

Nothing shows the economic illiteracy of the left more than their fascination with trains. They don't work in America - especially in the 'midwest.' There is like one small part of the country with the population density and flow of traffic would make travel by rail/train sensible. And it already has it. A large train system that would need subsidies would accomplish nothing for the American taxpayer, though I assume it would be a boon for crony capitalists everywhere. See California's awful high-speed rail project.

Let me explain the words meaning to you. In the United States laws can be challenged in court for their constitutionality. Barring entry on the basis of religion is unconstitutional and violates the freedom of religion. Therefore institutions will be tested to uphold the constitution against Donald's unamerican policies.
    Courts are not 'democratic institutions.' And Trump dropped the ban based on religion a very long while ago, and even if he had kept it, the arguments against its constitutionality were always dubious. Banning entry from specific countries has a long precedence.
    Last edited by Iskar; November 10, 2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: consecutive posts merged

I mean, not necessarily, but in democracies they are. The role of an independent judiciary in interpreting laws is very much a part of a functioning democracy. This is high school stuff.

But sorry, yes, post-fact democracy. Courts are now an inconvenience in the god given right to lock up your political opposition.

The Democrats were salivating and gibbering that they would get to set the Supreme Court for decades to come, lets use google to find out how much!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/4...-Supreme-Court

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-court-fight/

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_...court_justices

Oh using a time search range on this is just glorious and funny... but anyways, sadly this is the American system and while I'd be soooo happy if what you said was true, that the Judges rule on law and in the Supreme Courts role as if it is constitutional, the left doesn't believe in such nonsense as what was written isn't as important as what should have been written. A "conservative" supreme court judge is one who follows the letter of the law, a liberal one acts as if its just a basic guildline.

That reminds me, I should dump my gun stocks
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Let me explain the words meaning to you. In the United States laws can be challenged in court for their constitutionality. Barring entry on the basis of religion is unconstitutional and violates the freedom of religion. Therefore institutions will be tested to uphold the constitution against Donald's unamerican policies.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Nothing shows the economic illiteracy of the left more than their fascination with trains. They don't work in America - especially in the 'midwest.' There is like one small part of the country with the population density and flow of traffic would make travel by rail/train sensible. And it already has it. A large train system that would need subsidies would accomplish nothing for the American taxpayer, though I assume it would be a boon for crony capitalists everywhere. See California's awful high-speed rail project.
    Tell that to our out of date technology that we still use for shipping and industry across the midwest that still sends crap off the rails quite a bit. If we wanted we could have trains going 300 mph while barely disturbing anything it carried even if it wasn't carrying people. Not that you know anything. This is about infrastructure. Not you humping Trumps leg like it's still Monday. Get over yourself.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

it also seems like he has been disowned by so many administrative experts his government will either be full of second/third tier officials or just straight up unqualified lackeys. Not a promising start.

Team Trump Struggling to Fill National Security Jobs

Chicago Tribune put it in more kind words to Trump, but also suggests he's going to give high level positions to the loons that supported him , Giuliani, Sen. Coorker, Mnuchin, etc.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Oh for the God Emperors sake man PAY ATTENTION ALREADY. This was explained to you, and I'm pretty sure multiple times, if you want to have a discourse, you first have to be willing to have said discourse.

http://ijr.com/2016/11/730761-woman-...w-we-know-why/

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    it also seems like he has been disowned by so many administrative experts his government will either be full of second/third tier officials or just straight up unqualified lackeys. Not a promising start.

Team Trump Struggling to Fill National Security Jobs

Chicago Tribune put it in more kind words to Trump, but also suggests he's going to give high level positions to the loons that supported him , Giuliani, Sen. Coorker, Mnuchin, etc.
    If only he could find someone as qualified as Hilary Clinton to be secretary of state! Give it a rest man, call them what you will, they will be an A team compared to the mess we had with Obama.

Trumps major issue isn't going to be filling positions, every freaking #nevertrump saw that map and will want to be in his glorious orange light, much like they didn't like Reagan and then all came running on board. "Qualified" in the eyes of the failed elite and media means nothing at this point, absolutely nothing. They failed this country.

The first few months with Paul Ryan and the like are the key here. Trump doesn't have to worry about the Democrats, he doesn't have to play ball, he just needs the Republicans to get over themselves and get this ball rolling. The problem is going to be a lot of Republicans don't want the swamp drained either. Term limits is not going to go over well, lobby restrictions are not going to go over well. The difference between Trump and the typical Republican is he will call them out on it.

I don't know if its going to work but its going to be glorious.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

I expect hate crimes to skyrocket as they did in England following the Brexit. Except angry peoole have guns in the US.
    America doesn't have the bogus definition of 'hate crimes' used in England. I don't think any 'crimes' are counted the way I saw hate crimes being counted post-Brexit.

America doesn't have the bogus definition of 'hate crimes' used in England. I don't think any 'crimes' are counted the way I saw hate crimes being counted post-Brexit.

Just about every hate crime I've seen in the US has been against Trump supporters. THEY are the violent ones, they are the fascists, not Trump supporters.

My shameful truth.

Only a solid decade worth of jobs to put it in place. And then the companies using them. But nah....no money to make there.
    You have not actually addressed the issue that what you are talking about is a project that needs to be sudsidized. I can't state it any simpler. If there was a profit to be made, someone would be doing it willingly. They've have actual investors, and wouldn't need to use tax dollars and operate at a loss. What you are talking about is a make-work program that will be grossly inefficient and which will only operate at a loss.

Once again, ideas so great, people have to be forced to comply.

Trump's first 100 days (if he were a true conservative) should be about rolling back the Obama presidency. Which of course starts with repealing Obamacare, adjusting TPP, slash regulations, and ending amnesty on immigration. No way will ever see a wall though, and no Mexico is ever going to pay for it.

Other first year agenda points include cutting taxes and decisions whether or not to pursue a tax-code overhaul. Would also like to see something happen on the Keystone Pipeline and a new justice for SCOTUS.
    Last edited by Dick Cheney.; November 09, 2016 at 08:41 PM.
    Allied to the House of Hader
    Member of the Cheney/Berlusconi Pact

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

There is a lot of anger and hate ...

I expect hate crimes to skyrocket as they did in England following the Brexit. Except angry peoole have guns in the US.

I am confuse as if Trump will truly throw in jail his defeated opponents.

Tell that to our out of date technology that we still use for shipping and industry across the midwest that still sends crap off the rails quite a bit. If we wanted we could have trains going 300 mph while barely disturbing anything it carried even if it wasn't carrying people. Not that you know anything.
    I mean, it's so inefficient and wasteful, the only way anyone wants to pay to 'upgrade' it is through tax dollars confiscated through force. I mean, this is really basic economics. Basic math. If such 'investments' were profitable, they'd be done and you wouldn't need government to do it.

But that really sums up progressivism. Ideas so great and smart that you need to force people to go along...

I will believe that career bureaucrats and power climbers in Washington will turn down jobs when offered when I see it. And it will take more than a report from the outlet that is gleefully calling itself Trump's opposition and promising in headlines to preemptively stand-up to him. It's the day after the election. Any report on them struggling to fill positions is grossly premature.

I mean, it's so inefficient and wasteful, the only way anyone wants to pay to 'upgrade' it is through tax dollars confiscated through force. I mean, this is really basic economics. Basic math. If such 'investments' were profitable, they'd be done and you wouldn't need government to do it.

But that really sums up progressivism. Ideas so great and smart that you need to force people to go along...
    Only a solid decade worth of jobs to put it in place. And then the companies using them. But nah....no money to make there.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

What a pile of rubbish. It's because the private sector doesn't have the creativity nor the will to take on large and ambitious projects. By your logic, we would still be riding our donkeys back from work.

Even the damn internet and computer you use were government subsidized and government ideas. Spare us the ideological garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    What a pile of rubbish. It's because the private sector doesn't have the creativity nor the will to take on large and ambitious projects. By your logic, we would still be riding our donkeys back from work.

Even the damn internet and computer you use were government subsidized and government ideas. Spare us the ideological garbage.
    I'm praying he mentions something about the private sector "giving" us the iPhone.

To be fair, the God Emperor isn't even in Oval Office yet, and people already want to force a the point that he failed without even having done anything.

Smells of desperation.
    Last edited by fkizz; November 09, 2016 at 08:11 PM.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell