Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1600 Expanded Version 2

Default Re: 1600 Expanded Version 2

Gonna ask you guys a question that is important. I am thinking on revamping melee to make it more deadly and less buggy. This means units will die quicker than before. Because of this, I want to make the unit cost and upkeep low but make morale high and make melee only useful as a last , deadly ditch effort that can probably cost you. Do you guys think I should go ahead with this?

I think it is so good. Battles are quite realistic. Maybe a little work on the computer AI, especially in terms of the siege.

I dont remember battles being that off the mark (after the Pikemen were made to not run). The early issues were the sheer number of Pikemen v Muskets and the inability for the Musketmen to kill Pikes meant that battles became a Pike v Pike affair.
    It is right that that Pike units should be larger than Muskets, but Muskets must be effective against them. A slower firing but more deadly volley would perhaps be the answer. As for Melee, i think it seemed quite reasonable. Its important in TW battles that they do not happen to quick as it would not allow for tactical movement during the battle.

As for cost, i would preference more expensive to buy, but cheap to maintain. This would stop army's being able to be build in a minute, but allow for a gradual ownership of a number of army's to better represent the time period. The trick though is trying to get the AI to build a good mix of Pike / Shot with a few cavarly.....the problem is the AI likes to build Artillery army's, i.e 10 cannon / 2 Pike / 1 shot......which is ridiculous. Keep Artillery expensive to avoid.

Cost example:

Musket Men Cost=300 / Maintain=100
    Pikemen Cost=450/ Maintain=75
    Last edited by Poacher886; April 09, 2017 at 02:51 AM.

I'm back again. I made melee more deadlier now, and also thinking about reducing the number of guys there are in a single unit (300 musketeers will now be instead 200) mostly because of performance. The only problem im facing is balancing the pike men so that the pike walls still work and are not rendered useless due to deadlier melee.

Well im back again from my monthly slumber. Im going to make a download link soon for the changes I made for the mod. Now costs for units are lower than they were originally and melee has been changed to make it more deadly. Now I there might be some bugs with the unit costs and upkeep so please tell me when you guys find them.

So that's great news! We look forward to updating. Will it be done on a clean installation or just just overwrite the original files ??

you'll just need to overwrite them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12