Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 356 AD Overhaul

Default Re: 356 AD Overhaul

Ugh, tried my hardest to get the mod out today but no dice. Everything is nicely packed and ready to go but its taking forever to put on my portable hard drive and its getting late. Gonna let it work overnight and then upload it tomorrow.

Alright, turns out my portable hard drive needs to be replaced in order to get the mod to you guys, so I'll probably go get that today or tomorrow.

Update:
    Bought a new hard drive, gonna pick it up after work and then try to upload the mod tonight. Also started german reskin so you can expect an update in the next week or so.
    Last edited by Athos187; December 19, 2016 at 12:32 PM.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Uhh bro, i think u need buy some SSD.

Here is the download link for 356 AD Beta 1.0:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7y...ew?usp=sharing

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Installation Instructions:
    To install simply extract the pack file from the folders and place it in your data folder.

Open the mod manager and enable out of date mods and then make sure 356 AD is enabled.

Feel free to message me if you need any help installing.
    Last edited by Athos187; December 20, 2016 at 09:20 AM.

Hey Athos, congratulations on your release!

One question though: Is this a complete overhaul on the roman empire only, in terms of skins?

5 gig is rather large file to download

Thanks, it changes quite a few things including UI, armies, cities and some starting factions like the goths have been moved to new starting positions but the majority of that 5gb is the huge amount of models from Ancient Empires, 1212 mod, dramabelli, some Avetis and a few others. No other mod out there has the sheer number of custom models that this mod uses.

Edit:
    On a side note, I would appreciate historical feedback on the starting factions and their locations. Not 100% confident in my research so please let me know if there are tweaks needed for the next update.
    Last edited by Athos187; December 20, 2016 at 09:34 AM.

Nice! I gotchu for them feedbacks bro

Thanks, working on the germans, sarmatians and goths now. Should take me a week or two to finish those but I'll be posting screenshots of those soon.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Congrats on your release Athos. Great job.
    I always had believe in you and this mod to see the light of day. No doubt what so ever.

I'll be able to play it during the festive period. Cheers

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

So I just downloaded your mod and I love that you based the time on 356 AD and I like your roman units a lot, they look very unique, The only constructive criticism I have for you is to put the shield patterns back on the Haerculani seniors and Protectores Domesici and give them a more uniform look. those two units are considered a more elite and had a definitive shield pattern. (One of the few things Attila got right! lol) at the moment they look very barbaric in your mod when they were A very disciplined and well supplied units. Other then that I like you art work on the units. Cant wait to see where you take the game!
    Last edited by legio_XX; December 20, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Awesome, I will definitely make those changes for next update. Let me know if you find anything else that needs to be changed, thanks!

I think you need your own thread on hosted because one can clearly see you put a lot of love into this mod Athos. I would also say the same for the western auxiliary palatina a more disciplined and well equipped unit romanized barbarian unit. but honestly that is me just being nit picky for real though go with what you would like in the mod its your baby! I am off to go play your mod more.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

I think you have to have your mod on the forums for about 4 months or so before you can move to the hosted forum. I dont know if this mod is quite big enough too, they generally look for total overhauls but who knows, if a bunch of people suddenly want to form a team and work on this it could be a possibility. I'll make that change to the western auxilia too. Let me know if you find anything else!

This mod is already 15 gigs big and covering mainly the Roman unit rooster. Just imagine how big this mod gon be when it covers all the factions. So I won't doubt the possibility of this being smacked into the hosted mods forum.

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    So I just downloaded your mod and I love that you based the time on 356 AD and I like your roman units a lot, they look very unique, The only constructive criticism I have for you is to put the shield patterns back on the Haerculani seniors and Protectores Domesici and give them a more uniform look. those two units are considered a more elite and had a definitive shield pattern. (One of the few things Attila got right! lol) at the moment they look very barbaric in your mod when they were A very disciplined and well supplied units. Other then that I like you art work on the units. Cant wait to see where you take the game!
    Ican not understand why do you critic other works ? I Will remind you also your mod SAI is not historic trully... why, because it was midIV century and many troops doesn, t existe in this time. Your imagine is too much fantasy at my opinion.Too many ellitary troops. Sorry but could you prove it your palatina troops or comitatenses (Herculani and Protectores) still were well training and disciplines ? Do not forget this period is not any more battle ground for the cohortally legion and also from the other side vanilla Rome and Attila are pseudohistoric games and somethings are not possible to change

Well, I honestly dont mind helpful criticism like legio's. IMO this is what Beta's are all about, getting the community to give feedback and making changes to improve things. And I do want to make this version of the roman army a particularly professional one with the first hints of germanic influence that becomes more prevalent later in the vanilla 395 game. So keep up the feedback, criticism, comments and whatever else comes to your mind when you play!

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I think you have to have your mod on the forums for about 4 months or so before you can move to the hosted forum. I dont know if this mod is quite big enough too, they generally look for total overhauls but who knows, if a bunch of people suddenly want to form a team and work on this it could be a possibility. I'll make that change to the western auxilia too. Let me know if you find anything else!
    I got to play your Mod for a solid two Hours and I like it alot of love what it provides and I love your take on units of the time period. Keep up the great work! You made a mod and you delivered it fast. It's an impressive feat here.

Thanks, I'm a little concerned about things like playability and faction balancing so let me know if there's anything OP or should be changed.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

While I wait for this to download, I have a question. What does the Reunite Rome feature mentioned a few pages back do? Does it unlock the other empire's units? Because that's AWESOME
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

In regards to shields.
    It is generally accepted that by late 4th century shields bore the insignia of the unit the soldier belonged to. Before such practice was adopted they were probably painted with whatever soldiers fancied, this at least would appear to be the case with the Dura Europos shields in the 3rd century.
    I will try to see what might be the earliest evidence of the late practice but I bet it is likely that nobody has a clue about the transition. Personally I like the existing patterns at least for the generic units.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast