Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 356 AD Overhaul

Icon3 356 AD Overhaul

Roma Victor!

Constantius II (Latin: Flavius Julius Constantius Augustus; 7 August 317 – 3 November 361) was Roman Emperor from 337 to 361. The second son of Constantine I and Fausta, he ascended to the throne with his brothers Constantine II and Constans upon their father's death.
    In 340, Constantius' brothers clashed over the western provinces of the empire. The resulting conflict left Constantine II dead and Constans as ruler of the west until he was overthrown and assassinated in 350 by the usurper Magnentius. Unwilling to accept Magnentius as co-ruler, Constantius defeated him at the battles of Mursa Major and Mons Seleucus. Magnentius committed suicide after the latter battle, leaving Constantius as sole ruler of the empire.
    His subsequent military campaigns against Germanic tribes were successful: he defeated the Alamanni in 354 and campaigned across the Danube against the Quadi and Sarmatians in 357.

This mod will be a gameplay, startpos and reskin of the vanilla game to make it take place in 356 AD instead of 395. This time period involved massive warfare between the Eastern and Western Roman Empires with some of the largest battles between Roman soldiers in history. i plan on using many of the excellent gameplay mods used in my Rise of the North overhaul, an updated startpos that allows the Romans to play a stronger game and a complete reskin (at least of the Romans initially) that makes them look stronger and cooler (I was inspired to make this mod by the picture above). This reskin will have a very distinct look from the vanilla game thanks to models from Dramabelli and the Ancient Empires mod.

This mod shouldn't take much time to finish so expect a release in the next couple weeks. I will be posting the first screenshots tonight when I get home from work.

Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions!

Download link for 356 AD Beta 1.0:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7yOixtQrMOTaFUxT19kVXltTWM/view?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Athos187; December 20, 2016 at 08:45 AM.

Default Re: 356 AD Overhaul

The mod looks like an interesting idea, but what kind of ressources are you using from Ancient empires?

They said I can use any of their models but so far Dramabelli's models are proving more useful because they fit the time period way better. I'll probably end up using AE for minor things like belts and other accessories.

Gonna post the first reskins and campaign maps tonight.

New Roman infantry, UI, and starting armies and cities to all reflect the fact that this was the last time of glory for the Roman Empire:

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Can we get some beta ?

This really isn't that big of a project so I'm just going to release the final version when its ready. Been working on a witcher mod for Warhammer this weekend but I'll be getting back to this soon!

Looks really nice., I like to play earlier instances of the late empire so I will follow this with interest.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Sir in this project are u planning to add more faction, or just modified Roman with more history Campaign ?

As of right now it is a roman reskin/new UI, a campaign map tweak to make the two roman factions stronger and faction leader rename and reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    As of right now it is a roman reskin/new UI, a campaign map tweak to make the two roman factions stronger and faction leader rename and reskin.
    Got any extra screenshots? I really like the legio design here.

Ya I think I'm gonna try to push this one out this weekend, so if all goes according to plan there will be a download available next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Ya I think I'm gonna try to push this one out this weekend, so if all goes according to plan there will be a download available next week.
    Great! Looking foward to this!

Alright ladies and gents, made a lot of progress on the mod this week. I will post screenshots of all the reskinned units tonight. Also will include a preview of The new campaign features. The only big thing left to do is reskin all the naval units then I will release the beta.

Got some days off from work this week so hopefully I can knock them out pretty quick. This mod is my priority at the moment so get ready to experience a late Roman world like you've never seen it before!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Never seen before so heavy and continuous appreciation for my armours and helmets, Athos; I continue to be really pleased!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast