Thread: What is the most historical accurate mod that have you played/seen in TW saga?

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default What is the most historical accurate mod that have you played/seen in TW saga?

Hi,

I am curious to know what is the most historical accurate mod ever made for a Total War game. Any opinion, feedback would be appreciate.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: What is the most historical accurate mod that have you played/seen in TW saga?

With all the limitations of the engine... For me it's Masters of Europe for NTW. But I may be a little biased.

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: What is the most historical accurate mod that have you played/seen in TW saga?

hmm, thats tough... im guessing europa barbarorum for medieval 2 and the britannia mod campaign from the same team that i forgot the name...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The real answer is: none. The engine is extremely prone to arcade battles and silly animations / glitches with physics. But do try Realism Core. It may be close enough.

The NTW 3 mod for Napoleon Total War is by far the most historically accuarate/realistic I have ever seen. The unit sizes, and ranges are both scaled down to resemble reality. Different units have different speeds. Different factions have different amounts of strength for example, units from smaller factions like Hannover, Denmark, Sweden etc. have units that may have the same stats as a French unit, but are much more expensive. I believe there are over 1000 units and around 40 factions.

graphic made by Noif de Bodemloze

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Just three of many wonderful Mods:

Somnium Apostatae Juliani
    for RTW-BI, best historical mod ever. It's like reading a fasinating book about the late antiquity, you'll find hundreds historical characters and descriptions, you'll live the experience of Ammianus Marcellinus, you'll see with his eyes the world falling apart just at the height of a victorious dream of restoration of the ancient Gods and of the ancient Roman values. I'm playing TW serie from its beginning and I've played many magnificent mods (I can't play any TW title without mods) but if the question is about historical accuracy, well, Somnium Apostatae Jiliani is at the top.

Second in my personal list is: For King or Country: The English Civil War, a small and wonderful gem for Med 2 (and Kingdoms), in which you have to choose between one of the two factions of the English Civil War, great units, great historical accuracy, best mod about baroque warfare, higly suggested for those who love Curassiers clad in 3/4 full plate armours, the punch of pikes, the sound of skares and demi-coluvrines and the somke of muskets!

Last but not the least: The Shekigara Campaign, for Shogun 2, no words, .. just play and dream!

I think it is Masters of Europe for NTW such a huge amount of work done with the uniforms and the units, and a battle system that feels like the best from all the major NTW modifications, it is a little behind in the campaign side, but i am sure it will catch up!
    " Άρχεσθαι μαθών άρχειν επιστήσει "
    " When you learn to be commanded, you will learn to command "

Σόλων 630-560 π.Χ.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It's much easier to be historically accurate the more recent the period is since there is juts much more information available, so my guess is that it would be one of the Napoleon TW mods. I only played a couple and I'm not an expert in the period, but it did definitely feel far more accurate than some of the "assumed" realism of older mods like those of Rome Total War (i.e. Europa Barbarorum, where they just make do with imagined fantasy make-do solutions for the more obscure factions and units).

After playing the Vlad III i must say it is accurate I own books and it is ACCURATE!