Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 has been released!

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v3.0 has been released!

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    never say never Mausolos
    Well, I'll be here, and so might be Causeless, LestaT and who knows who else
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Well, I'll be here, and so might be Causeless, LestaT and who knows who else
    24 hours a day unfortunately not enough for me these days. Probably will have to wait until I retired and kids have all grown up before I can start modding again.

I need the three DLCs to play it right?

nope, but if you have them, better for you those campaigns are adjusted as well, and have better gameplay than grand campaign.. (especially Augustus campaign)

Ok...I'm surprised by your answer. When I start Rome 2 (steam), I get the normal window to select mods to be used. If I select the mod, and deselect any other mod, the game starts as normal. How do I know the mod is activated?

When you open the Grand Campaign, where you select the nation you wanna play with, there is a header R2TR 3.0 in the middle top pannel:

Thank you! I found the problem: my game was set in French, i switched it to English and I get the same header as you.

I have the Augustus campaign, but I'm missing CiG, WoS and HatG. By not having these, am I missing features in the Grand Campaign and Augustus campaign, or only these three separate campaigns?

These are separate. Each campaign has something unique, so they are worth having. But you can use this mod even with just Grand Campaign alone. But if you will see those DLCs in some winter sale for good price? go for it, you wont regret it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thought I'd stop by to congratulate you all! I'm gonna reinstall Rome II just to play this.

R2TR is now featured at MundusBellicus.fr: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/t...-total-realism

Are you planning to update the Music addon on Steam, btw?

Please I am a dummy when it comes to this stuff!!! On Steam, I see a small collection with 3-4 things to subscribe to, marked 2.2(?). In items area I see the 3.11 update. Do I need all of these??? or what.
    This mod looks interesting.

MS

hi, no, you don't need them, its just these DLCs are also adjusted with this mod, therefore its good to have them.

Sorry, so all I need is 3.11?? Thanks.

MS

yes, that is correct.

Please again; I have some questions. Okay I saw a thread that when you click campaign on main screen, at the top 3.0, then mod is working, right?? So, this mod is different play for Rome2 vanilla, correct. You have the option to play the 3 families like in Rome1, correct??? but the other families are vassals??? I played seven turns so far & my impression is nice. The price if units is shocking at first, but unlike DEI, for example, you don't charge 2 arms&legs for maintenance!!! having a whole bunch of bells&whistles is nice but if one can't maintain them, it becomes mute.

Secondly, I have seen Youtube plays where they are playing a Rome1 TotalRealism VII(?). Is that your mod too?? And where is that located on steam. The reason I am asking this, is I thought I saw a mod that
    you can play Rome1 campaign but with Rome2 game files. Maybe I am just confused.

thanks for your time,

MS

Yes, if you see R2TR3.0 on top, it means mod is active. And you are correct that this mod changes vanilla campaigns, both Grand Campaign and all DLC campaigns. In GC, you can pick the family same way as in vanilla, while other families are your political opponents.
    And yes, unit cost is higher but not upkeep, which is optimized towards longer campaigns (12TPY with Augustus Campaign or 24TPY with Caesar in Gaul), plus, this also makes larger armies possible, which is a plus for Grand campaign too. (to provide challenge)

Regarding second part, myself particularly, i was not part of RTR VII team, but plenty of R2TR members were, so technically, R2TR is some kind of an offspring of some sort. Yet because Steam Workshop is not active for old Rome Total War, RTRVII is not possible to get through it, but i believe download should be still active here at TWC.

Last, with the RTW1 campaign, im affraid that is not possible, as R2 has very different file structure than old RTW. R2 is closer to ETW/NTW/S2TW or Attila games, than previous RTW/M2TW games.

JaM, thank you very much for your help!! This mod looks really good and I will come back with some more feedback.

So glad for all you modders because TW series is so bad, after R2 & Atilla I will not invest any more $$$ into their company. I have not bought any DLCs for Attila and only one for R2 which I haven't played
    since it came out. I don't play any TW vanilla games.

Again, thanks for all your work on this.

MS

what is CCLXXII?? It's on steam but separate from 3.11. Is it just an earlier version??

I am enjoying your mod.

MS

yes, its earlier version no longer compatible. i will probably take it down so it doesnt confuses players.

What are the recommended difficulty levels for both battle and campaign? I would like to try GC, but is the mod optimized for DLCs?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 6P utilizzando Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast