Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 has been released!

Artifex

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v3.0 has been released!

Several years ago, I tried porting JaM's battle mechanics to the current version of Rome II (as his combat mechanics are the best and the other so-called realism mods didn't even perform basic kv_rules editing) and succeeded. However, the new factions are broken as I don't know what unit stats JaM would have given them. The campaigns are untouched.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; April 06, 2020 at 07:35 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 Lite has been released!

For those who didnt noticed it yet, version 4.0 Lite is on Steam workshop.
    Last edited by JaM; November 17, 2022 at 09:52 AM.

Artifex

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 Lite has been released!

Great! I can't wait to test it!
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Default Re: [Release Announcement] R2TR v4.0 has been released!

I've updated the title page to be a bit more specific about version 4..

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey JaM, old friend, nice to see you are (or at least were) still active with this TW game (a few months ago). I have read a bit through your changelog(s), good work as always.

I somewhat came back to TW games during the recent months, purchased Thrones of Britannia (was long on my list, because fan of the british history), and found it far better than its public reputation is. However, played and modded it a lot, at last in April this year. Went to other games. Then, mid May, decided to give Imperiums: Greek Wars (incl. DLCs) a go. Pretty interesting approaches, fun to play (and to modding it). It brought me (deeply) back into the according timeframe of R2TW (just always doing my researchment parallel to playing such historical games).

Anyways, just with current TW Steam Sale, today i purchased Wrath of Sparta and plan also to get Rise of the Republic.

My question: In how far is R2TR 4.0 relevant for the abovementioned campaign packs?
    ... or in other words, should i have running R2TR in any way, also for those both expansions?

(I guess, i won't play the Grand Campaign anymore, but the campaign packs, perhaps also Hannibal and Ceasar).

P.S. Hope you are looking still into the R2TR thread (for a reply), otherwise will send you a PM soon.

EDIT

Have been on the Steam page, and subscribed.

It might be worth to give some info about the campaign pack compatibilities, knowing that R2TR is basically done for the Grand Campaign. But i think, as also the campaign packs make usage of the Grand Campaign installment, it makes good sense to install R2TR However, will give Wrath of Sparta a go, and hope there are no incompatibilities.

Edit: Played (and modded) this R2TR version with WoS campaign, everything's alright. Thanks a lot, JaM, for this pretty complete R2 mod!
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 02, 2023 at 01:54 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hey DaVinci! sorry, didnt see your message due to me not being here at TWC that often these days.. i'm currently working on further updates to the mod, i had planned for quite some time.. Anyway, for campaigns, yes, i trying to do the complex updates that change all campaigns. Btw, feel free to contact me directly on Steam, there is also discord created for R2TR mod as well.

Patrician Artifex

Hi there, JaM! Thanks for your message. I'm also quite seldomly underways in the TWC forums.

I purchased the whole 3K games in the last Steam sale (couldn't resist), and i must say (relatively against common trend or opinion), i like that game a lot, really basically offers the best TW gameplay imo..
    In meantime made myself a 3K mega mod of around 2.5 GB file content; 75 % from Steam mods, customised, and 25 % my own modded file stuff from 3K vanilla database. Playing (and modding) the historical (records) mode only.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Last new game i bought was Thrones of Britania, and i plan to make a mod for it at some point, as I really like Last Kingdom series, so wouldnt mind making a bit more gruesome and realistic combat mod for it. Thing is, i did not play that game yet, so not really sure how it looks internally. I do not have 3K or any later games, completely ignored the Warhammer series, and do not plan to buy Pharaoh (got Troy for free at Epic but didnt played it either)

But i like to play Rome 2 still, managed to figure some interesting stuff recently, polishing diplomacy and gameplay mechanics, besides the combat mechanics. I have practically implemented all things some players were unhappy with in vanilla Rome 2 like number of armies being restricted based on Imperium.. Its quite funny how many possibilities are still in that game..

Patrician Artifex

Yeah, ToB is imo. quite underrated. It was my coming-back to TW series game. Played and modded it over a few months, utilizing some mods from Steam. Warhammer is ignored by me, too, Troy as well. Not sure about Pharaoh, possibly i will get it with a Steam sale. Probably i will get back to playing R2TR when i get bored by 3K. There is always a point, when a game provides boredom for me, often when i'm quasi done with modding it and played that and i'm satisfied enough with the result, lol.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations, this sounds very impressive!

You explained the dynamic political influence system - are civil wars more likely (or maybe less likely because of the removal of artificial penalties)?

Depends how you play.. You have tools to mitigate discontent, but there are occasions when you might end up in terrible spot - for example, you might get into food deficit, which will generate political discontent which might push already discontent faction into civil war.. but at the same time, you can promote other family members which will give you loyalty (but at the same time give them lots of gravitas, which will improve their influence)..

Anyway, i still plan to improve it a bit in next releases. For example adding negative penalties with Imperium levels, which when stack with base Republic negative political penalty might create a problem at higher Imperium levels on its own.. Empire has political bonus, so it would better cope that late Imperium penalty..
    Last edited by JaM; November 04, 2023 at 10:12 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234