Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - RELEASED!)

Oh yes, playing Antigonidai has always been tough. It's even challenging in the normal DeI version and DV takes it up another notch! You need to really think through each step early game, since you can end up defeated otherwise. Factions with high cultural aversions to others (Antigonidai, Pontus, Lustitanii, Barcids etc) have it extra tough early on.

Like you've mentioned in your post, I've also taken terrible losses or ended up in a tough spot because I didn't notice the AI flanking me at one location or two when there's these many units involved . I've also had my other gates sneak-burned when I've been occupied on one side. Luckily the towers are a bit more dangerous in DV than in normal DeI so they can do their fair share of damage on the AI (or you) if enemies stick around too long.

My suggestion is to rush Aetolian League or Triballii if you aren't planning to have good relations with any of them. In my own test-game I rushed the Aetolian League on turn two, just trained three bronze shields so I had four and got some mercs in Hellas on the way. You should be able to defeat their crappy starting garrison and the few units they have.
    If you start a war with Epirus, Romans will like you once they capture Taras (they usually do) and you'll be able to sign trade etc with them and have a safe flank (the illyrians are still a wildcard though). Other than that, you'll be fighting spartans/athenians and possibly either Triballi or Tolstibogiii. I've managed to get good relations/trade with Thyni/Bithynia. If you focus on Greece, boost your garrison in Pella a bit to hold back thracian/celtic hordes!

And now for a small preview for todays hotfix...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Noble Thracian Rhompaia have gotten small arm-shields, just like they had in the classic Europa Barbarorum-mod! Should grant them a little missile block protection!

Last edited by Ygraine; May 28, 2017 at 12:13 PM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Thanks for the non-steam link! And all the work you put into this project!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplitus View Post
    Thanks for the non-steam link! And all the work you put into this project!
    My pleasure!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotfix1 is out! Workshop, non-steam link and changelog updated!

Hotfix2 out later today...

Hotfix3 will include among other things;

*More new faction emblems.
    *More tweaks to differentiate different pike "tiers" better.
    *Start looking at what units we think might make a return from DeI 1.1 that were removed in 1.2.
    *Garrison tweaks

12TPY and 4TPY-pack is coming soon...
    Last edited by Ygraine; May 29, 2017 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 28th may)

Hey I'm playing as Epeiors and from the start of campaign i can train Thesprotian Thorax Infantry.

Ambitious project, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by exarius90 View Post
    Hey I'm playing as Epeiors and from the start of campaign i can train Thesprotian Thorax Infantry.
    Will be fixed, thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
    Ambitious project, great work!
    Thanks and likewise with your Cyrene expansion project!

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 29th may)

Hotfix2 is out! Changelog updated!

Also added a cleaned up version of Ivysaurus 41-units per army banner (all credit to Ivysaurus) that will work with DV in a separate download in the first post. Works good for both 41-unit per army-sizes or the normal 20 ones. It's the banner I'm using in one of the screenshots on the workshop. Originally I wanted to include it into DV, but I haven't gotten a reply from the author yet about including it so you'll have to use it separately for now if you want it.

Had to postpone new edicts for a while to investigate what options we have since adding population/supply values weren't as easy (if possible at all) as originally thought. Suebii and Lugii are currently using the same design emblems just in different colours. This is temporary until I find a better suited emblem to differentiate them a bit more.

If you find any emergent factions that use the same emblems with the exact same colours as playable factions (like Akragas did using Syracuses emblem until this patch) or non-playable ones that start on the map, please write down the names so I can fix them. At some point I want to fix all emergent factions to use the proper colours according to their emblem/banners but it's a time consuming task that has not been fixed in DeI itself either yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Hotfix2 is out! Changelog updated!

Also added a cleaned up version of Ivysaurus 41-units per army banner (all credit to Ivysaurus) that will work with DV in a separate download in the first post. Works good for both 41-unit per army-sizes or the normal 20 ones. It's the banner I'm using in one of the screenshots on the workshop. Originally I wanted to include it into DV, but I haven't gotten a reply from the author yet about including it so you'll have to use it separately for now if you want it.

Had to postpone new edicts for a while to investigate what options we have since adding population/supply values weren't as easy (if possible at all) as originally thought. Suebii and Lugii are currently using the same design emblems just in different colours. This is temporary until I find a better suited emblem to differentiate them a bit more.

If you find any emergent factions that use the same emblems with the exact same colours as playable factions (like Akragas did using Syracuses emblem until this patch) or non-playable ones that start on the map, please write down the names so I can fix them. At some point I want to fix all emergent factions to use the proper colours according to their emblem/banners but it's a time consuming task that has not been fixed in DeI itself either yet.
    Here man take a cookie! You're awesome and your mod is gorgeous. Thank you very very much!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ammi_1988 View Post
    Here man take a cookie! You're awesome and your mod is gorgeous. Thank you very very much!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk
    Danke!

Hotfix3 is out & changelog updated!

This time it was a smaller patch with minor changes. Unfortunately I had to return the campaign movement range back to pre-hotfix2 values since I got feedback that the AI was town-hopping at a few occasions, and let's face it - town-hopping sucks!

For those who want to move their armies further, put an agent into your army and pick the movement skills, the army tradition bonus, % movement via general skills and get the research that helps. You'll guaranteed be able to move a lot further and out-move the AI when you stack it a bit.
    Things like supply status in the region, weather and if the terrain itself is considered "rough terrain" are things taken into consideration when your movement value is calculated.
    Unit types also have their individual movement points. For example an army with only cavalry with move further than one mixed with infantry/cavalry. If you have siege engines (lithobolos etc) you'll move a bit slower and elephants move at the same rate infantry do in DV (they moved slower in normal DeI).

I'm thinking about adding a 5% movement bonus to each city/town upgrade starting from tier 2 (illustrating how the roads are improved in that region when you or the AI upgrade that city/town) - but it's not decided yet. If you'd like this, feel free to let me know!
    And remember, avoid marching in winter if you can (unless you stacked movement bonuses)!
    Last edited by Ygraine; May 30, 2017 at 05:52 AM.

Thank you so much for all the updates and dedication, Ygraine!

Sounds like a good addition to me. The more challenging, the better (but not faking the challenge, if you know what I mean).

You both are doing a magnificent work. Eagerly awaiting to 4TPY

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Thank you so much for all the updates and dedication, Ygraine!

Sounds like a good addition to me. The more challenging, the better (but not faking the challenge, if you know what I mean).

You both are doing a magnificent work. Eagerly awaiting to 4TPY
    Sorry for dragging out on making the TPY packs, but they're up now! 4TPY and 12TPY with faster research. Let me know how it works, haven't had time to test them myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Sorry for dragging out on making the TPY packs, but they're up now! 4TPY and 12TPY with faster research. Let me know how it works, haven't had time to test them myself.
    Wow, it's already up!!! No worries, quite the opposite... Thanks to you for your support and willingness!

I thought you would take longer but I was eager to wait. I'll test 4TPY to see how it goes and will let you know!

I was going to up the movement range in the 4/12 TPY packs, but I realized that it's mainly certain regions that are very slow to move in due to "rough terrain" (like for example -20% to all movement in Saka Raukas Usturtian region which is A LOT) so I'm going to check if I can nerf these values to more tolerable levels (-5/10%). That way we can avoid snail-paces in certain places and also avoid town-hopping by the AI at the same time.

Edit: Hotfix4 is out & changelog updated!
    Last edited by Ygraine; May 30, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 30th may)

The biggest highlight in the next update is slightly larger starting treasuries for all factions (both player and AI). I think this is a much needed tweak since buildings cost a fair bit and you'll be able to focus on either building up your region(s) for long term economical benefits, rush a decent army to focus on early conquests or secure your borders by sending gifts to your neighbours to like you/join your wars.

The other major thing that I'm slowly working on is making all factions playable in DV. No ETA when this is finished though.

Great congratulations for your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Great congratulations for your mod.

Thanks Juan!

Patch1 is out & changelog updated! 4TPY/12TPY submods have also been updated!

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 31th may)

This is awesome! I'm one of those people that loves a slow campaign so I appreciate the changes.

I was curious why you removed the hoplite formation that came from 1.2 though. I rather liked it. How would I go about bringing it back?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Glad you like it!

It has certain issues and works in a way that me and my co-modder doesn't like. We opted for the other method instead which has the downside that you can't toggle it on or off - which I felt wasn't necessarily a bad thing since it gives "normal" spears an edge making them faster than hoplites. Now both can be useful in their own way, instead of "normal spears" being "gimped" hoplites like my friends used to say. If Kam figures out a way to solve the current problem then I'll gladly include the new formation type.
    As for "normal spears", I'm testing a new spear specific formation that I wanted to give all spear units to make them stand out from hoplites more.

I haven't dabbled in the formation tables for some time now (and not currently home to check), but if I remember correctly you need to open DV in PFM, -> db -> land_units__to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables -> remove the "Hoplites" and the blue "Spear_Wall_Hoplites" tables. Now save and the game should load the normal DeI formation instead. If there's some problems let me know and I'll investigate it closer to help you get it working.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Without my specific entities, kv rules, spacing and units/weapon/armour stats, hoplites will not work or be OP/UP as my old battle system used in DV was not made in mind with that formation.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Now that I'm home and checking the tables there's also other stuff like man_animations for all units etc that I've changed, so there's a lot of stuff that needs to be replaced to use the other hoplite formation. Won't be enough to add kv rules and all that