Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-16)

The -15 expansionism was after one turn as Masalia. On turn one it was just the -10. The thing is, it doesn't say I'm even at imperium level II in either of those...and the imperium level I bar doesn't say anything about a negative diplo effect.

Macedon's hellenic aversion I see as "cultural aversion" not the "expansionism"

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not getting any -15 in my game, tested it as Massalia yesterday. I've also not added any -15 to anything in the mod regarding expansionism. Imperium 1 has no penalties in the database at all and doesn't show up in-game as having any either. Are you sure you don't have another mod interfering?
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Just the DV 4tpy sub mod....

EDIT:
    Just tried without that and second turn is still -15 expansionism for some reason. Not to mention lots of people declaring war just after the first turn...
    Last edited by gnosis89; January 18, 2020 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnosis89 View Post
    Just the DV 4tpy sub mod....

EDIT:
    Just tried without that and second turn is still -15 expansionism for some reason. Not to mention lots of people declaring war just after the first turn...
    The -5 extra is from your poor influence in the government:

Not a single faction declared war on me. Like mentioned previously I'll remove the -10 from Imperium II in the next update.

I was just going to say I found out what it was...thanks Ygraine for looking into it either way. You do notice however that wen you start out as Masallia you are only at Imperium I but still have -10 expansion with everyone right?
    I tried 3 starts as Masallia. Twice many decalred war on me, the third, nobody did first turn.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Small hotfix is out!

Unless I'm mistaken factions with a walled city start at imperium II because a walled city counts as three unwalled ones (in term of imperium "points"). In any case I removed Imperium II diplomatic malus for now, so players shouldn't get -10 extra from turn 1 in situations like that any more.

Wars are RNG, you seldom get the exact same outcome when restarting with the same faction. But one easy way to avoid early snowballing on you is if you declare war on one, then pay others to join on your side. That way they'll be too busy to attack you, and they'll like you as well!

Wonderful! I'll give it a try later today...

Still lots of infant mortality...Out of 10 children 6 have died. 100 turns in as Parthia.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Try one of these 2 packs, they contain the values I'm using for testudo.
    Aim is to have between 1-3 children per couple without having them die. Not 100% sure it works though.
    Please report if you have time and will.

4/12 tpy versions (always compatible with anything and save-game compatible)
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oa7ltzk6ygcch/

Senator

Hi Ygraine
    Really enjoying the sub mod, I really like what you have done with the Hoplites and Pikes, it's no longer like that gif.
    Picked up a minor issue, playing as Pergamon the garrison has a unit of Hoplites with 300 men, and an archer unit with 225 men.

Edit..Sorry, just realised it's a feature.
    Last edited by zonks40; February 07, 2020 at 09:43 PM.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Try one of these 2 packs, they contain the values I'm using for testudo.
    Aim is to have between 1-3 children per couple without having them die. Not 100% sure it works though.
    Please report if you have time and will.

4/12 tpy versions (always compatible with anything and save-game compatible)
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oa7ltzk6ygcch/
    Thanks Jake!

Senator

Hi Ygraine
    Been getting some high public order penalties on occupying a settlement, not sure if intended, but when I looked into it, I found two instances of "occupation_decision_occupation_conquest_public_order_reduction" in the __DV_campaign_variables? would that cause it to double up on the penalty?

Lines 22 & 24.

Do you have a split? Civil war. Why did you remove the formations from the legionaries of Egypt?

Senator

GAR_Car_Local_Javelinmen need to be fixed, or they are just nasty archers

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply!

@gnosis89
    Weird with infant mortality, in my game it feels fine with the current values and at an average 3-4 out of 10 will die before reaching maturity.

@Jake Armitage
    Thanks for posting a solution while I was away!

@GyJIeBeP
    Not sure I understand the first part about Civil War. I haven't removed formations from Egyptian legionaries, it's possible that Kam did it in previous versions of which tables I used, or perhaps the ability is simply missing from "land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions_tables". I'll note it down and check it out in-game.

@zonks40

Thanks! Let's see... Yes, I increased garrison unit sizes a bit. I also did increase public penalty from occupying settlements where your culture isn't dominant some patches ago. Not sure if double lines actually stack or not, but thanks for finding the duplicate (will be removed)!
    Oh yes, I remember that I started the process of converting Carthaginian local garrison javelins into numidian archers, but apparently forgot to finish the whole process.. Haha.

The original idea was to systematically replace all garrison javelins/slingers for factions that don't have garrison bowmen, for the sole purpose of giving all garrisons a chance of defending against siege-engines with flame arrows. As it stands right now some cultures are handicapped in sieges due to this since they have no means of destroying for example ladders before they reach the walls (unless the player/AI hires archers separately).

Icon5 Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

• Lots of new confederation options (example Pontus, Sinope and Trapezos can confederate into the Mithridatic Kingdom. Parthia, Khorasmii, Dahae and Parthava can confederate into the Arsacid Empire. Steppe nomads can confederate into The Scytho-Sarmatian Horde. Dacians and Thracians can confederate into the Daco-Thracian Kingdom. Several greek (non-successor) factions can confederate into The Greek City-States etc.
    • All client-states have been removed.
    • Satrapies have been renamed into Tributaries, and now all factions can create tributaries - allowing for a much more dynamic campaign map.
    If I want to use these changes outside of Data Venia, what tables do I need to extract from your .pack files, Ygraine?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply!

@gnosis89
    Weird with infant mortality, in my game it feels fine with the current values and at an average 3-4 out of 10 will die before reaching maturity.

@Jake Armitage
    Thanks for posting a solution while I was away!

@GyJIeBeP
    Not sure I understand the first part about Civil War. I haven't removed formations from Egyptian legionaries, it's possible that Kam did it in previous versions of which tables I used, or perhaps the ability is simply missing from "land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions_tables". I'll note it down and check it out in-game.

@zonks40

Thanks! Let's see... Yes, I increased garrison unit sizes a bit. I also did increase public penalty from occupying settlements where your culture isn't dominant some patches ago. Not sure if double lines actually stack or not, but thanks for finding the duplicate (will be removed)!
    Oh yes, I remember that I started the process of converting Carthaginian local garrison javelins into numidian archers, but apparently forgot to finish the whole process.. Haha.

The original idea was to systematically replace all garrison javelins/slingers for factions that don't have garrison bowmen, for the sole purpose of giving all garrisons a chance of defending against siege-engines with flame arrows. As it stands right now some cultures are handicapped in sieges due to this since they have no means of destroying for example ladders before they reach the walls (unless the player/AI hires archers separately).
    Thank god you are back!

The changes you have made are great, after 2400 hours in this game I am now playing a head to head with my son and so far it is the best game I have had yet, no lol stomping, it really challenges the mind.
    I hope you don't mind if I list some issues I have found, was was bugging Dresden with a few issues that turned out not to be vanilla DEI.

agent_dignitary_subterfuge_3_farming level 3 is incorrect and not giving a bonus to sanitation.

Dismounted cavalry is moving, charging and sound like mounted cavalry.

Civil war is still triggering, I read in the notes that it was disabled, couldn't find anywhere that it was re enabled, however the civil war mechanic worked out well, I just wasn't expecting it

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliae View Post
    If I want to use [the confederation options and the change from client states to tributaries] outside of Data Venia, what tables do I need to extract from your .pack files, Ygraine?
    I think I figured it out, so lemme know if I got it right. The tables I need to use from Data Venia are:

DeI_diplomatic_action_faction_restrictions
    DeI_diplomatic_action_subculture_restrictions
    __Cultures_Subcultures_DeI.loc
    __DV_diplomacy_strings.loc

Additionally, I deleted the text changes to Non-Aggression Pacts in "__DV_diplomacy_strings.loc", because I'm not using the rest of DV.

Senator

Greek Royal Swordsmen are actually a Spear unit in DEI, but listed in the DEI database as a Sword unit, and has been assigned gsword4, but the variant in the database has a short_spear, resulting in no weapon in hand during melee.

Foederatus

@ygraine I'm having a really hard time getting this mod to work. Currently only using DEI parts 1,2,3 and this mod. Is there anything else I need to do? Usually don't have any issues with this type of thing, but can't figure this one out! Any help would be appreciated!