Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Waiting for Ygraine to update DV
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

We thought 1.2.3f would be it, but Dresden is cooking up something really nice (and important) in the next update which I really want to have in the upcoming DV release. So... Unless CA decides to add some new DLC/update all of a sudden that breaks everything then we're good to go!

Next time I'll post it'll be some screenshots of the new stuff we have in the future version!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Glad to see you around

Someone nominated you for 2018 modding awards better update Data Venia quick!
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

With 1.2.4b released I got a lot of updating done today (small sneak peak of me noobing around in RPFM in the spoilers)!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There will be a playable version out sometime this week, albeit missing most of the new features (those will come later in separate updates). Right now I just want to rush out a "bare bones" playable version as fast as possible since I know some of you have been waiting for a long time. With the main work done, I'll be able to focus on each part of the mod more in detail (for example going through every single unit recruitment entry since I'm planning to change what building tier unlocks what units) and once that is done finally add those old planned features I wanted two years ago.

I recommend using the manual download of DeI here and not the workshop automatic one (new updates can break the mod). I'm planning to stay on this version for a while (unless there's some major issues that sneaked past Dresden in 1.2.4b). One of the main reasons the updates have taken so long is due to how much work major DeI updates have meant for me, since my overhaul changes a multitude of aspects for both the campaign- and battle-part of the game, and I don't have Dresdens magic fingers.

There are some really exciting new things planned for the this version, some that will have a major impact on the gameplay. One of them is a feature that exists in the Warhammer Total War games (will probably start off as a sub-mod for DV), another one is a big revamp and expansion of an older (popular but abandoned) mod that was part of previous DV-versions. On top of that returning DV-players might notice several new things that were introduced back in 2018 into my test-packs, but unfortunately never made it to the public versions (due to lack of updates after January 2018).

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Good to know you're onto it, Ygraine

Thanks!

Here's a screenie of a test-battle I was doing to make sure everything works as intended:

Combat is nearly done, tomorrow I'll try to finish as much as possible in the campaign and release an early version.

Best of luck with it and nice preset btw

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Update coming shortly)

Unfortunately I just lost around 4 hours work on my pack, after I tried to open the buildings_levels-table with PFM (since RPFM didn't want to open it) to correct the prices of buildings. Instead I got some error message and it flat out deleted my whole pack from my computer. So to anyone else modding and reading this, do NOT use PFM any more. Get RPFM instead! Apparently just opening one table in PFM can delete all your stuff!

Now I have to restart on an older version from yesterday (that I luckily saved in another location), but unfortunately it means no release right now... All the core stuff was fixed except for building prices, which meant I could have released it tonight if not for this. *sigh*
    Last edited by Ygraine; March 17, 2019 at 04:37 PM.

Patrician

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Update coming shortly)

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I feel for you! In 4 hours one can actually do quite a lot of modding.

I've started recently using RPFM myself and can tell that this is definitely a huge step forward as compared to PFM.

Better interface, search function is really useful and finally I can mod the text files in a proper way.

The only thing that I find a bit inconvenient about RPFM is the fact that the window on the left-hand side with the pack folder structure is quite narrow and cannot be expanded so it's often that I'm not able to see the table names in the pack which is actually quite bothersome.

Patrician

you can expand the window, check the vertical dots.

the only thing RPFM is not very good at is copy/paste from excel, I'm still using PFM for doing that

Are we using the same RPFM?

The interface that I have looks actually like this;

Patrician

yeah, it's the same if you downloaded latest version (couple of weeks ago).
    you can turn it black in the preferences menu (something related to the lord of the ring).
    really better for the eyes

Awesome! Those vertical dots are actually missing in that UI that I was using. Now it's all in order, thanks for the info, Jake!

Soon™

Patrician

W, may I quote you for the testudo release?

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Unfortunately I just lost around 4 hours work on my pack, after I tried to open the buildings_levels-table with PFM (since RPFM didn't want to open it) to correct the prices of buildings. Instead I got some error message and it flat out deleted my whole pack from my computer. So to anyone else modding and reading this, do NOT use PFM any more. Get RPFM instead! Apparently just opening one table in PFM can delete all your stuff!
    Now I have to restart on an older version from yesterday (that I luckily saved in another location), but unfortunately it means no release right now... All the core stuff was fixed except for building prices, which meant I could have released it tonight if not for this. *sigh*
    Sorry to hear that, Ygraine. I also don't use PFM any more. Join the Dark side and use RPFM's Dark theme
    How is the update going ?

Thanks for your kind words!

Everything lost has been restored (and some more). Currently working on redesigning -po from buildings, once that is done it should be ready for release.

I've decided to go one step further and expand on my old idea of moving the majority of building -po to the core settlement buildings. This means that there is no longer any -po from farms, ports, bazaars etcetera (with some exceptions). Now you get a hefty -po from the main building instead, starting at -5 (tier 1), -10 (tier 2), -15 (tier 3) and -20 (tier 4).
    This will have several effects on how you play, first of all it'll be easier to understand where the building -PO is coming from (instead of the player having to search through all settlements in a province to see what buildings give what). Before if you could afford to upgrade your core settlement and there was enough food, it was always a no-brainer to do so. Now you'll have to take -PO into consideration as well.

This idea came to me when I was annoyed at why a farm would give -8 PO to begin with. If upgrading the core settlement building represents the city/town becoming larger then logically it would mean more population = harder to maintain order. And thus any PO maluses from buildings should originate from there mainly.

Sneak-peak:

Bear in mind that later patches might force you to restart your campaign (especially when the new general tree replaces the DeI-one). So don't get too cozy with the first release.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I like that PO idea
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod