Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeis93 View Post
    Could you release a submod for DeI that just gets rid of the hoplite phalanx?
    It is a feature that its currently ruining the mod to me and many others
    I wanted a phalanx formation that you can toggle (like in the old DeI-version), unfortunately the new formation has some issues that KAM has not been able to solve so far. I feel that the combat-issues it brings is not worth the toggle-effect. On the other hand I'm slightly increasing the speed hoplites are moving at in DV in the next version, so they should be a little less slower (I'm assuming this was the main issue some players had with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Mepper View Post
    I'm very eager to see what you will come up with. Can't wait
    Thank you! Also nice work on Arbitriis!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Another small preview: All cavalry now have a passive ability that gives them a moderate bonus against infantry, while mounted (description is a placeholder for now). You can still beat cavalry with swords/axes/clubs if you outnumber them (or if the quality difference is big), but they will inflict a considerable amount of casualties on your infantry. Better train those spears or use an anti cavalry formation (like the romans repel cavalry-formation)!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi guys I have a question

I try to run the submod but i get stuck on a loading screen when the game launches before the intro video with the Rome II logo. I tried with no other mods at all and still the same.

Ive been using:

12 TPY DEI submod
    12 TPY for Data Venia
    De AI Arbitriis

Is something not compatible? Even then with vanilla DEI it wont launch. What am I missing?

I don't play Data Venia, so I may be wrong but the 12 TPY DEI submod is probably the problem. Remove it and give it a try.
    The 12 TPY for Data Venia and 12 TPY DEI submod allow you to have 12 turns per year, so you probably have a mod conflict if you using both of them.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Is it 1.2.2e compatible?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    Is it 1.2.2e compatible?
    Νοpe. DV is not updated for the moment.

10 out of 12 conflicting tables have been fixed so far. Only 2 to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    10 out of 12 conflicting tables have been fixed so far. Only 2 to go
    Looking forward to Data Venia update! No rush at all, keep the impressive work up.

Still have to give you feedback from my Arevaci campaign when I find some time... Cheers!

Mod now works (both with patch 18 and latest DeI), but not released yet. There are a few more kinks I have to fix before before making it public though. For example the roughly 80 new units need to get appropriate stats, take a look at the new way CAs seasons work, double check all scripts if they need any updates and so on.
    And here below in my army composition you can see an old unit coming back from the dead (those who played DeI version 0.x and 1.0 should recognize it)

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Looking forward to Data Venia update! No rush at all, keep the impressive work up.

Still have to give you feedback from my Arevaci campaign when I find some time... Cheers!
    Thanks jdofo! I always appreciate feedback!

Mod now works (both with patch 18 and latest DeI), but not released yet. There are a few more kinks I have to fix before before making it public though. For example the roughly 80 new units need to get appropriate stats, take a look at the new way CAs seasons work, double check all scripts if they need any updates and so on.
    And here below in my army composition you can see an old unit coming back from the dead (those who played DeI version 0.x and 1.0 should recognize it)

Thanks jdofo! I always appreciate feedback!
    Absolute hero. Looking forward to the release!
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Update will be out this week, right in time for the holidays! And there will be a hotfix around new year for stuff that I didn't have time to implement into this release.

All the major things seem to work perfectly, tested a 30 turn Numidian campaign and a 50 turn Armenian campaign.

Might take a few extra days to update the extra tpy-versions, and the other submod-options.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Update will be out this week, right in time for the holidays! And there will be a hotfix around new year for stuff that I didn't have time to implement into this release.

All the major things seem to work perfectly, tested a 30 turn Numidian campaign and a 50 turn Armenian campaign.

Might take a few extra days to update the extra tpy-versions, and the other submod-options.
    It's nice to have you back.

Have you tried running this in terms of gameplay balance compatibility with these those mods?: 'no food squalor, no political assassinations, no agents' submods? Link here

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    It's nice to have you back.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by waidizss View Post
    Have you tried running this in terms of gameplay balance compatibility with these those mods?: 'no food squalor, no political assassinations, no agents' submods? Link here
    Political assassinations (including AI spamming adoptions) has been disabled in DV pretty much from the beginning. As for the other two, I haven't tried them. But if the tables have custom names and are loaded before DV, then they ought to function just fine (I'm at the office so I cannot check it myself).

The problem is that I don't see how players will be able to stabilize mid/end-game (large player-owned kingdoms) effectively without dignitaries.
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 20, 2017 at 06:40 AM.

Would it be possible to disable spies/champions and only leave dignitaries? If so I could talk to the author perhaps he could make that happen.

Of course!
    Navigate to "agents_tables"(in db) and here you can either unclick playable or set the limit to 0 on the agent types you don't want to be able to recruit. Bear in mind that there are a bunch of agents that are there from the start of the campaign, you can only remove them by editing startpos. Make sure you load it before any other mods.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

*starts sweating* so...Ygraine. How is the mod coming along?

I would have released it tonight, but I noticed that "Legendary Commanders" isn't working properly due to the new skill-tree design in patch 18. I want to solve this issue first since it's kind of a big deal!
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 21, 2017 at 06:57 PM.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

I would have released it tonight, but I noticed that "Legendary Commanders" isn't working properly due to the new skill-tree design in patch 18. I want to solve this issue first since it's kind of a big deal!
    very very good news. thx Ygraine. 1 question i always wanted to ask but never did because its a "little kill your darling question".
    Is it possible to release a version without the combat changes? or tell me what db lines should be deleted to use the original Dei battle system?
    Last edited by Joysong; December 22, 2017 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    very very good news. thx Ygraine. 1 question i always wanted to ask but never did. is it possible to release a version without the combat changes? or tell me what db lines should be deleted to use the original Dei battle system?
    Thank you.

melee/projectile tables, land_units, main_units, entity/entities-table, unit_spacings, land_units_to_effects_junctions-something (forgot the name, not at home right now to check) and more. Removing these will also remove some old units that were deleted in the main mod, but that I decided to keep. It's a little complicated to get it right, but doable. You can handle it since you have knowledge of working in PFM, with a little patience!

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to make a version like this myself as I've been struggling with time constraints just to update this (I also have another super popular mod compilation for another game to maintain).