Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 13th june)

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Fox View Post
    If it was just a matter of renaming the months, I would imagine that isn't necessary.
    But I will find out if I manage to survive a year playing as Makedon. So far, every faction visible to me has declared war, and I didn't even do anything .
    Same here, but I'm sure Ygraine will let us very soon.
    As far as I know Macedon has massive negative penalties to diplomacy from the start.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 13, 2017 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    As far as I know Macedon has massive negative penalties to diplomacy from the start.
    True, but there are diplomatic penalties in normal DEI, and I was able to at least start out successfully. DV has taken this to a whole new level.
    Also, shouldn't these penalties be with other Hellenic factions? It's not just the Hellenic ones that are attacking me.

I have to say though, it doesn't feel entirely unrealistic. I'm weak, so why wouldn't everyone take advantage of it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

@Ygraine
    Played a few battles with Epirus and saw a few things:

1)Epirotoi (epirotai-es but that's a DEI issue anyway) hoplites don't break their formations and I mean you can't disable their phalanx mode. I'm not sure if you have edited something, but I think when they move their swords and spears are mixing up. You could take a look. I probably have seen Mollossian Hoplite Mercs have the same issue.
    2)Tarantinoi Leukaspidai have spears but pike animations. (not sure if you could fix this,also a Vanilla DEI bug I guess.)

Cheers.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Any chance we can get a look at the new Thracian visuals? Also, will this be merged with the recent vanilla DeI Thracians, or totally separate?

Keep up the dope work.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 14th june)

Ok, I've hopefully fixed the month issue now... Started a fresh campaign just to check what month it begins in (see screenshot). I don't have time to make more tests now due to work, but you can let me know in the thread if it's alright.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@Greek Strategos

If you mean that you can't unclick the hoplite formation, it works as intended. Couldn't figure out another way to make it work and wasn't a fan of the new one that had its own issues.

Thanks, must have missed that unit - will take a look tonight!

@Dead*Man*Wilson

Cristo is in charge of the visual overhaul and I've honestly only seen a glimpse of his work yet so I cannot comment. Will show a preview when I've seen it! I don't mind this, but I'm not sure if Cristos vision will coincide with the guys who make visual overhauls in DeI *shrug* We'll see!

Thanks!

Patch out & changelog updated!
    Last edited by Ygraine; June 14, 2017 at 08:58 AM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Yup, the months are fixed. Thank you.

Awesome!

Let me know how willing the friendly AI is to sign military access now!

Thank you!!! Will start the same Arevaci campaign and will let u know how the fixes work out. Cheers

Edited: Unfortunately, military access doesn't seem to be fixed... Gallaeci and Cantabri are in war with Lusitani, they both have friendly relationships (50/60) due to common war enemy. However, Cantabri is again trespassing Gallaeci's land (high diplomatic penalty) to fight Lusitani instead of getting military access with Gallaeci, or travelling through the sea to reach Lusitani's lands for avoiding land access penalty...
    Last edited by jdofo; June 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM.

I have some doubt about diplomacy. Now dealing with the AI ​​is really difficult. But the AI? Can AI make alliances ... or treat peace (between AI factions)? Or in mid game,it will be an all vs all?

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Thank you!!! Will start the same Arevaci campaign and will let u know how the fixes work out. Cheers

Edited: Unfortunately, military access doesn't seem to be fixed... Gallaeci and Cantabri are in war with Lusitani, they both have friendly relationships (50/60) due to common war enemy. However, Cantabri is again trespassing Gallaeci's land (high diplomatic penalty) to fight Lusitani instead of getting military access with Gallaeci, or travelling through the sea to reach Lusitani's lands for avoiding land access penalty...
    I'm afraid if I just make it easier again by simply lowering the value randomly, they might start spamming the player with access offers throughout the campaign. I need to test this myself in-game tomorrow/in the weekend to find a good balance though.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA View Post
    I have some doubt about diplomacy. Now dealing with the AI ​​is really difficult. But the AI? Can AI make alliances ... or treat peace (between AI factions)? Or in mid game,it will be an all vs all?
    AI can make alliances, but it's also more rare to see them than in normal DeI.

Same goes for the player. In my Pontus-campaign Rhodos offered me a defensive alliance! But they're the only ones so far after 200~ turns. This is also something I can tweak tomorrow/in the weekend, but I need to run several tests before including it in an update. Otherwise if I release it without testing, someone will write that it's too easy/too spammy

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post

Same goes for the player. In my Pontus-campaign Rhodos offered me a defensive alliance! But they're the only ones so far after 200~ turns. This is also something I can tweak tomorrow/in the weekend, but I need to run several tests before including it in an update. Otherwise if I release it without testing, someone will write that it's too easy/too spammy

Oh yes! Thanks in advance! A little bit diplomacy i think would be very interesting... I wait your update (take your time of course! )

Same opinion as LEGIO_XXX ULPIA. Both military access and alliances are very welcome, if not needed! Take your time, looking forward to testing new update

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

If I open the mod in Pack File Manager, I can see that there are two Roman banners, one purple and one red. The purple one is in the game, but I don't see the red one. I have two questions.
    What is the red one for? Also, is it possible to use the red banner instead? In like it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I'm afraid if I just make it easier again by simply lowering the value randomly, they might start spamming the player with access offers throughout the campaign. I need to test this myself in-game tomorrow/in the weekend to find a good balance though.

I also prefer an AI that's reasonable, and prefers peace over war generally, particularly when they stand very little chance of winning.

However, the spamming is definitely an issue. The problem, I think, is the fact that even far away lands will offer NA pacts and alliances. That to me makes no sense.
    I'm Syracuse, I only have Sicily, my armies are nearby. Why are the Belgae offering me a non aggression pact? A defensive alliance? Dude, I just wanted to trade a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Fox View Post
    I also prefer an AI that's reasonable, and prefers peace over war generally, particularly when they stand very little chance of winning.

However, the spamming is definitely an issue. The problem, I think, is the fact that even far away lands will offer NA pacts and alliances. That to me makes no sense.
    I'm Syracuse, I only have Sicily, my armies are nearby. Why are the Belgae offering me a non aggression pact? A defensive alliance? Dude, I just wanted to trade a little.
    Ok...but in my opinion is worse when ai can't form any alliance...or can't offer or accept peace when the war is lost...In the mid game will have an all vs all wars...faction a versus b versus c...with no alliances or blocks of alliances...and can't use diplomacy at all...
    Last edited by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA; June 16, 2017 at 05:05 AM.

This is normal?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	??????????.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	346285

@jdofo/LEGIO_XXX ULPIA

I've made diplomacy changes and I'm testing them now. Hopefully I've tweaked access/DA/MA enough to be a little easier to get without the player experiencing obnoxious end-game spam.
    I've only been able to test early game and mid-game, so I cannot say how things will develop in a 300+ campaign if the player is large and strong since I'm lacking a save that far in.

@Flying Fox

Not possible to mod diplomacy behaviour based on distance between two kingdoms (perhaps with some advanced script) and I agree that this is an annoying thing. I've "solved" it by not exploring too far from my own lands. Why should some iberian/gallic/germanic/britannic tribe spam me from across the map when I play Pontus?

The issue with the "peaceful AI" is once again peace-spam. As soon as you declare war against a kingdom they will start spamming peace offers every turn, not to mention that a player can abuse this by forcing the AI to pay for peace every time. I had this in older versions of DV and decided to move away from this diplomacy-model. With the current aggression settings the AI tries to maintain at least one war at a time. I've had occasions when some kingdoms don't fight any one for a dozen turns or so, but eventually they will set their eyes on a neighbours lands. It would also make the game too easy (in my opinion) if the AI just sat and waited to be picked off one by one.

Since diplomacy mods are compatible with DV, you can simply pick one you prefer more than mine and load it before the mod. For example Dresden's softcore diplomacy-only version should work just fine.

@Eldgrimr

The purple I'm using (100 10 167) is found within rom_rome in faction_banners_tables and faction_tables. Replace the value with 166 36 22 if you want the same red DeI uses or just delete my rom_rome row in those two tables completely and it will use the ones in DeI.
    Don't forget to go to ui->flags->rome and delete this whole entry if you want it to use the original red DeI emblem - otherwise you'll have the red colour but with a purple emblem (or you can recolour it in GIMP/Photoshop if you know how to do it and re-import it).
    Don't forget that faction_banner_tables sorts the colours by "BGR" instead of "RGB".

There shouldn't be a second rom_rom entry in DV with red colours, not sure what you meant with that?

@NERbl4

This is a CAI pathfinding issue present in the base game itself and isn't affected by mods. It usually happens when the AI is at war with someone across the sea, instead of going there by ship they just camp at the shore. No way to mod around this as far as I know.
    Last edited by Ygraine; June 16, 2017 at 09:35 AM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks for the help. The second one I meant was the mon_x.png.

@Eldgrimr

Both .dds and .png are needed! I noticed one of the .dds was still red but it's been fixed now

Let me know if it becomes too spammy and/or too easy with access/DA/MA! AIs seem a bit more willing to forge alliances now.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patch is out & changelog updated!
    Last edited by Ygraine; June 17, 2017 at 03:59 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 17th june)

You're relentless, Ygraine! Keep up the good work, thumbs up!