Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 2019-05-16)

You can't do it, stances don't have any function so to link them to scripts and so you can't have exp depending on stance type.
    There could be a workaround through triggering incidents but I'm not sure how this could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    You can't do it, stances don't have any function so to link them to scripts and so you can't have exp depending on stance type.
    There could be a workaround through triggering incidents but I'm not sure how this could work.
    Yeah i put him in city solo no stance and he's levelling up now, so probably working as intended.

Oh, here we go again with those f.......stances !!!! I wrote some time ago to CA about that function(s) and they said is possible and have that in mind for future patch........????? What ??? Patch for Rome 2 again ??? I think they are a bunch of liars...

Patrician

sure thing, but they have beautiful secretaries answering your mails, so everything's fine

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

There's an effect key called "rom_parent_army_general_exp_gain" or something similar that you can add to the effect bundles for stances. I haven't tested it though!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Just want to say (this will be a copy paste in all threads) that I've only just found these sub mods, Age of Hellenism, Alternative Economy, Cultural Tensio and Data Venia - I am having so much fun! Well done to everyone involved

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    There's an effect key called "rom_parent_army_general_exp_gain" or something similar that you can add to the effect bundles for stances. I haven't tested it though!
    oops...
    I've tried to use some effects months ago but it gave me no xp.
    hell, I must have done something wrong into the pack I was trying.

Anyway, I've just used "age_agent_xp_gain_characters" (with "this_force_general" as scope) and it's working.

@zala: I don't think DV and AE are actually compatible, but Ygraine could surely tell you more about this.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 26, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

oops...
    I've tried to use some effects months ago but it gave me no xp.
    hell, I must have done something wrong into the pack I was trying.

Anyway, I've just used "age_agent_xp_gain_characters" (with "this_force_general" as scope) and it's working.

@zala: I don't think DV and AE are actually compatible, but Ygraine could surely tell you more about this.
    #They appear to be working, played a short campaign the other day with DV and then found the other 3 yesterday and been playing through fine - haven;t noticed anything amiss but I could be wrong

Hear ye, hear ye! There's a big update brewing on the horizon for Data Venia.

Although busy with other stuff I've slowly been adding fixes and changes over a lengthy period of time. Among it all there's some stuff that was reported previously by other players, but also some moderately big changes that will affect both the campaign and battles in a positive way (hopefully, at least it went smoothly in my test campaigns).

Here's a small sneakpeak of one of the new changes:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 2019-07-06)

Hi,

first thing, thanks a lot for this submod.
    i have un problem when i play, i haven't horses for any faction. Could you help me please?

Sorry for double post but finally this mod don't word even if i take dei part 1,2,3 et only data venia.. Help me please, one year i'm waiting this
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 16, 2019 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Hello Pierrick06,

I'm not entirely sure what your issue may be. Perhaps you have some other pack that has a land unit/main unit table which negates the tables in DV? Make sure you have no other packs interfering!

I also recommend that you use the stand-alone twcenter main DeI-files instead of the Steam workshop ones: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dated-March-12 (part 1 & part 2). Unsubscribe the workshop version. This is the preferable way to go when you're playing with submods that change more than just visuals, since otherwise almost every workshop update will break your game until the author of the submod updates their pack. With the standalone version you can manually update DeI when you know your submods have been updated.

Edit: Also make sure you're not using the new Total War-launcher because it's quite buggy, opt into the old one via "Betas" in properties for Rome 2 at Steam.

Two more sneak-peaks (for screeenshot number 2 values aren't final and still being tested):

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 16, 2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Thanks for you answer.
    Now it's ok without change.. Mystery total war's mod
    it's a really good mod. I started a new campaign with Roime and after 10 turn it's over. Just perfect. You must to be really thorough.

New version is out!

Large amount of changes, see the changelog in post 2 in the thread, or check the changelog on Steam. Some stuff like the new banditry/squalor balance is still WIP and will be tweaked in a smaller patch. Feel free to drop feedback/suggestions here, in a PM or on Steam!

Patrician

Great work!

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Interesting, alright time to put books aside and play some god damn rome.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Thanks, there will be a small update coming out soon to fix some mistakes/oversights.

The previous large update works best with a new campaign due to unit recruitment, garrison size and squalor/banditry changes.

Buildings will also increase in price more, after reading up on how some old Rome 1 mods were designed. I want building to be a larger long term investment.
    Last edited by Ygraine; July 10, 2019 at 01:17 PM.

Here is my review.

Awesome submod but... Once you now how to cheese it become to easy. I explain.

I played as Makedon, normal/normal as suggested and...
    - Is too easy to involve other nations into your wars, if X thracian nation declare war on you ask the other ones or the jonian factions to attack him and you will be save for some time to finish your current campaign before getting ready to strike and destroy them making the start far more easier than intended.
    - Building economy and an army is hard, or more correctly, tedious. But once you have control of 3 provinces, thanks to the unlimited use of edicts and generals/governors it scale exponentially. Yes, i spend almost 80 turns before invading anatolia(i was focus on Illyria, Thracia and Crete) but after that i was able to handle a war at the sea with Ptlomei(he doomed my best army when i made a mistake trying to invade Rhodos without checking the sea) a couple of minor factions at anatolia and after few turns with Seleuks too. The elimination of public order handicaps from some buildings make the specialization much faster and easier.
    - The power increase of the siege weapons is ridiculous. When you are attacking an Hellenic faction, they are slow as hell, you can make around 800-1k kills one single unit. Its just ridiculous. They use to make damage, and that was ok, now they are army killers. I think you must turn their power down and probably decrease the price.

In the other hand I enjoy the way things move far slower in the campaign. I'm around turn 100 now, Rome is starting to conquer Africa and still don't control the Galia Cisalpina, Seleucids still alive(not for long, they started a war against me) Ptolomei is alive and it was quite powerfull too. No idea how are the Gauls going or the Germanic but apparently they have done a confederation and its quite powerful.

So... What i would change if i were the modder Ygraine. Make some limitations to the exploit of "join war" diplomacy. It's too easy to cheese. Limitations on governors. And decrease the power of the siege weapons.

I will finish the campaign soon and i enjoyed the new icons and all that stuff but for me its far easier than the the plain mod.

Hello Vanagrand,

Thanks for the feedback!

I haven't edited the join war-values in the diplomacy tables, it should be set to similar values as in base DeI. I have however edited a lot of other values, like for example disabling Non-aggression pacts completely since they matter little and it just means less spam from the AI on their turn.

The problem is that it's the same thing in the base mod, and even in the vanilla game - or rather all TW games. Once you get large enough then you simply steamroll everything.

I could lower the agent governor cap slightly, yes. Until now I opted to increase their cost instead, since I'm not a big fan of low artificial caps.
    In my current hotfix update (not released yet) I have made some changes to the economy, so getting super rich will take longer now. But like I wrote above, at some point you will get rich and then a steamroll is unavoidable, unless you fight extremely large alliances. So the tip is if a player wants a challenge, don't ally with half the world against the other half. Declare war on some big bloc to get things going!

Which siege weapon are you referring to exactly? Yes I made them better since I found myself almost never building them before (usually only ballistas vs walls), but after the buff I started using stuff like polybolos/scorpion too. Even the ship scorpion is useful in naval combat now. But perhaps they need a slight nerf, like lower accuracy/more spread. I'll take a look at it!

There will also be tweaks to -po/squalor/banditry as right now it seems the values are a bit too low for the main building chains, something I've noticed in my test campaign. I'll also make cultural conversion a bit slower, and most likely increase -po from different cultures a bit. But in overall I'm very happy to have moved the majority of the maluses to the main building centres instead of among everything else.

It's also funny you're playing Antigonidai as it happens I'm also playing them in a campaign to test the new stuff out, 203 turns in. Main enemies are the Romans who I'm keeping at bay with liberated smaller tribes forming a buffer and a strong navy protecting Apollonia. In the north the germanic tribes are enroaching, but I also liberated smaller tribes there to keep them at bay. Planning to invade Asia Minor, but there's a strong alliance there between Sinope, Pergamon, Rhodos and Ikonion which is also backed by Ptolematoi:

Hey Ygraine
    Dunno, how to post images here but here is the link, turn 143. At war with Ptolomei, Seleuks(i probably finish him in 2 turns), Scordici, Carthage, and the Arabian peninsula. Dunno if is intended but the ia appears the be shy. Ptlomei have 4 full stacks at Alexandria but dunno want to march over Jerusalem where i left one army to defend it like with Petra. The Arabian nations seems to be waiting me to move further south, they are setting ambush at the roads like usually but they are not confident to attack Petra so with just one army to defend my position there, another one to defend Thrace im able to use my other 5 to eat all Anatolia really really quickly. As you should now, expanding at the east is far easier due they usually are Hellenic so the conquest is far easier.

https://imgur.com/a/jQ5NfBM

Another "handicap" is... Bigger garrison make advance more complicated, yes, but with the almost unlimited possibilities of generals the rebellions are not a thread. Just use one on each province, without troops and he with the help of the garrison will handle all the trouble natives.

The siege weapons I'm speaking are the lightbolos, the first weapon you can build with any Hellenic faction. Usually my army composition is 6 phalanx to hold the line, 4 archers(cretans or persians if i can) 2 javalinmen, 4 horse (2 shock, 2 tarantines) 2 siege weapons. And that is unstoppable. Normally you will have cavalry superiority with your general(not against pontus ofc), with the siege weapons even if you are the attacker the ia will come for you so is far easier to move yourself to an upper position, once he hit your front line their cavalry should be dead, position your javalinmen at his back, clean his archers with you cavalry and then start the anvil hammer party. The pikes, even the bronze shield ones are too op for the ia,

And...The power increase of the towers. Look my kills and look the death of his armies. Fort defense battle.
    https://imgur.com/a/PiMFw49
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 16, 2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Hello again,

Ptolematoi suffer from mediocre CAI due to the swamps east of Alexandria, it's the same in the main mod.

Rebellions are mediocre threat-wise yes, but they're not a threat with standard garrisons either. Only when I played with 41-units per army they actually became a real threat, and more so in certain regions than others since their unit composition varies based on region. They're more a nuisance than a real threat for the player and most rebellions were beaten down in history too!

Alright, thanks. I'll try to change how Lithobolos works without making it useless against walls. That was the issue before, if you nerf it too much like lowering ammo or make it too inaccurate then it will have issues hitting walls and towers in sieges.

Yes, the BAI is unmoddable and not very good. Still I've been destroyed a few times by the AI. For example the Daco-Thracian confederation ambushed one of my veteran armies with two of theirs and completely destroyed my troops. Even though I really tried to win and my troops and the general were quite experienced. If you play with 41 units per army the challenge also increases since you can't micro everywhere at the same time, while the AI can.

Yes, the towers were buffed because they were near useless in the previous DeI versions. If they aren't dangerous then you can casually walk up and throw torches on a gate. But I'll probably nerf the damage a little, they will still get tons of kills though due to the stupid BAI. I made the wooden walls in forts ignite faster so that openings would be created for the AI blob to storm in, in an attempt to compensate for their stupidity. Fort stance was nerfed to require 100% movement points to activate, in the base mod it was way cheaper to spam.
    I suggest you simply not spam fort defense all the time, if you find it OP (which it kind of is, but only due to BAI incompetence). I don't do it any more in my games, only use them when I for example guard an area against attacks in the long term. I know that some players spammed it every turn in the main mod after moving a little.
    Last edited by Ygraine; July 15, 2019 at 02:47 PM.