Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

Not sure if this is intended, but the armor ranks for the legionaires were changed from 8 to 9 a few DEI patches ago, but they are still at lvl 8 in DIV, just thought i'd mention it

double post sorry
    Last edited by Dardo21; June 26, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Not sure if this is intended, but the armor ranks for the legionaires were changed from 8 to 9 a few DEI patches ago, but they are still at lvl 8 in DIV, just thought i'd mention it
    Will fix in the next update, thanks!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Ah good to hear, it was mainly to be able to prevent me from having to change all the armor ranks if I make the compatibility patch for UMCenturion's/Caesar's legions :p

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Will fix in the next update, thanks!
    Great!Wait for your update.

@Ygraine,Will you release the update in this weekend?

Update sometime this week, been busy at work!

hi,

for polybian reform, it's the same of divide?

Thank you

The only one mod which can be in conflict is no hdr mod.

Sorry double post

The reforms have the same dates like in normal DeI if you use 4TPY, if you use 12TPY or 24TPY then they will come later. Not sure what you mean with "no hdr mod". Does it have a conflict with this mod?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by pierrick06 View Post
    The only one mod which can be in conflict is no hdr mod.
    Why ???

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Why ???
    ---> Forget

Ok thank you Ygraine, it's because i use 12TPY.

Good game

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arevaci.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	346896 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arevaci 2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	821.5 KB 
ID:	346897

Thanks for the last update, Ygraine! Looking forward to playing with Etruscans and let Romans bite the dust for their cultural appropriation.

Here is my update related to my Arevaci campaign (4TPY: 200+ turns). As you can see, things went pretty well. I managed to ambush a Turdetani army when they were entering Celtiberia and destroyed it with minimum losses... Sweet! Gallaeci (defensive ally) managed to access Lusitani's territory without any resistance (Lusitani AI was focusing all its military power on Arevaci) and take 2/3 of their settlements. Thanks to that, Lusitani tried to return to fight Gallaeci but I managed to recover Iplacea at the same time, so Lusitani were finally gone! I continued my military offensive against Turdetani to besiege them before Gallaeci, so at the end they "helped me" to take Kartuba just for being there earlier. Turdetani was gone as well, and these long crazy wars (10+ years) ended up successfully, with the rewarding feeling you have always mentioned after solving the crisis and difficulties!!!

After being in peace for 20 years or so building my economy and improving my armies (Gallaeci made defensive alliance with Cantabri as well and became too powerful, so they took advantage and were demanding gifts until I felt powerful enough to reject them; both decided to focus on Gallic tribes), I declared war on Carthage, took Gadir and next turn, I was attacked by Carthaginian armies (2vs2: far powerful than mines; barricades helped). Seriously, I had the best and toughest battle that I've ever had in Rome2TW... So much close to lose it, their infantry were tanks! Pyrrhic victory, which allowed me to easily take Tingis

While securing north Africa, I signed defensive alliances with Rome and Syracuse to beat Carthage, and that resulted in their final defeat after around 20-30+ years of war (226 BC; Rome did nothing, just fighting in the Alps). It took me half of the war to take Iol settlement, as they were keeping there 4 crazy armies while leaving Cartaghe and their eastern coast completely unattended. Again, same case as for Lusitani, my defensive ally (Syracuse) is taking most of their empire without effort... They helped in one of the last battles (result was very clear; the real battle of the war was after Gadir), that's all, as it was more of a blockading war and left them die in hunger... Very effective!

I decided to make Carthage my tributary in Sardinia by subjugation (impossible to sign a peace agreement with them; Masaesyli became as well tributary, but Carthage still hate me), in order to have a faithful ally against Rome and as a historical fetish haha War with Rome seems imminent, Cantabri and Gallaeci are begging me to join them against it, and my relationships with Rome, despite having defensive alliance, are getting negative...

So far, I'm loving so much the campaign! On the other hand, here are some remarks/suggestions:

- Diplomacy is greatly improved after the last tweaks. Factions sign defensive alliances to fight common enemies and get military access with some of them based on their interests, despite not having an alliance. As previously mentioned, you seem to have found the sweet spot. However, they never sign peace agreements... The only time I saw one was as a consecuence of tributary client: Massalia was losing the war against Cantabri and Gallaeci, and offered itself as my tributary state to survive, until it felt powerful enough to declare me war and get liberated; and afterwards being subjugated by Rome in the following 20+ years. For instance, if Carthage would have accepted my peace agreements or have tried to sign peace with Syracuse or Arevaci, it would have survived longer and defend its mainland properly. Is it possible to influence AI based on the yellow-red power balance for signing peace agreements, or if they lose some of their armies and start losing settlements? It would be realistic and historical, as at the end of the First Punic War.
    - I have to admit that I have used many agents to boicot Carthage, mainly manipulation to steal so many agents (10-20 or so). However, isn't the agent penalty action too high in comparison to military actions against them (not many battles, but taking their settlements and blockading their last ones constantly)?

Please, take a look at this interesting post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ller-garrisons
    Have you ever considered any of these possibilities? Thank you in advance and cheers!

Edit: Forgot to mention that:
    - AI is incapable of managing food suplies (guess it's a DeI thing as well)... As soon as many armies are in the same region, they start to die from hunger and AI lose many armies. They keep sending more and the same going on...
    - Iberian reform didn't trigger, despite being in turn 200+.
    Last edited by jdofo; July 08, 2017 at 05:45 PM.

I am interested in trying this submod (just found out about it recently, I like most of the changes I read!), but I dont fully remember how the battles were in 1.0/1.1, by that I mean how the battles are, using this submod?

I remember that the battles were slower back then, but how were phalanx working? Armour & stats, etc? Basically if you could refresh my memory, so I can commit to a new campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Update sometime this week, been busy at work!
    This week almost over.

Foederatus

Hello everyone :-)

Would it be possible, to create a submod with the new battle system?

Thank you for your work, i like this sumbod really. Don`t know why, but here the different states have much more armys and there is more fighting and harder wars in the campaing. With Data Venia i have a real happiness feeling when i take a single province after a long war. The world map ist just more "alive", more armys and so on...its great!

@jdofo

You had 20 years of peace? That's pretty crazy! I'm always involved in some kind of war, even indirectly through proxies and tributaries! Or I let my agents spam revolts!
    In my Pontic campaign Rome has around 30~ regions which is pretty nuts.

I can experiment a bit with peace treaties when I get time, I opted to make it hard not to make wars last until one side is dead but rather to avoid the peace spam that plagued both DeI and DV 1.1.

Agents still need some work, in particular champions (and a little spy-stuff). I feel that dignitaries are in a good spot right now!

The AI limitation with food/economy is a problem in the main game itself. CA gave us a pretty sloppy AI in general and the only way to not handicap them is to give them a massive global boost (DV actually has a slightly smaller food bonus than DeI, since I wanted the AI to be able to starve if they get raided massively by several enemies). The AI doesn't understand the supply system so they will sometimes walk into lands with famine without a supply line and thus starve.

With 24TPY, Iberian Loricata reforms trigger at turn 240, imperium level 4! If you have all that and it still doesn't appear then it means you have some mod loaded before DV that is messing with the reforms.lua script!

@Butan

The combat is based on the old but I've introduced a few changes. The kill-rates are a bit faster than the original pace if you use counter units (spears against cav, swords against infantry etc, axes/maces vs armour, javelins vs elephants etc). Then there's also changes to morale and other stuff! But all in all it's still fairly close to the original concept! The formations are also tweaked versions of the original ones.

@HuoShan

Waiting for Dardo to reply to my PM for some clarification before the next update!

@aloaaloaaloa

You could try copying just the campaign-changes into a separate pack if you're proficient with PFM!

Thanks! Before DV when I defeated someone in like 4-5 turns I just thought "Next" casually. In DV after I finally win a long and difficult war I notice that it's been 40-50+ turns! It feels like I've attained the victory though hard labour, sweat, blood and tears

I replied a few days ago :p

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I replied a few days ago :p
    Eh,what happened?

I don't really like the implementation of more playable factions. Mainly because that submod feels so unfinished, messy and bugged in the faction choice menu. Missing or ugly maps, missing or wrong descriptions, and some sort of bug that makes faction traits disappear. Also, the faction traits of the extra factions are almost all positive, which doesn't really fit with the DEI system of 2 good and 1 bad trait.
    I had sort of hoped you would improve upon all that that before adding it to DV.

Not a real problem, as I can simply choose to not play any of those factions.