Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2 - Updated 25th December)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    We've narrowed down the six tables that are causing the compatibility issues (that alone took about 2 hours) and I'm slowly fixing them one after the other. No ETA right now since I'm moving apartments in a few days, but I'm trying to get it working as soon as possible.

Also I strongly suggest that if you like to play DeI with DV, you download DeI updates manually from now on and not via the Steam workshop. That way if another hotfix is out and breaks everything like this one, you'll be able to continue playing until I update it.
    RIP the dream
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2 - Updated 25th December)

Can I get a link to the last version for patch 17?

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Beedo83 View Post
    Can I get a link to the last version for patch 17?
    Unfortunately I never saved the last working patch 17-version. Perhaps someone else has it and can upload it for you?
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 31, 2017 at 12:17 PM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 31th December)

Patch for 1.2.2f is out!

Finally!..

The overhaul should now work with the latest version of DeI. Bear in mind that if they update to 1.2.2g and you have automatic update on via Steam Workshop, it might break DV again. Since I'm moving apartments next week it might be a few days before I update the overhaul again.

Some highlights/known issues in this patch (for a more thorough changelog, check post 2 in the thread or the changelog on the workshop page):

*Three new visual mods join DV in this update. Thanks to IVYS4URUS (alternate banner) and DeusEx010101 (two sets of coloured icons)

*AFP (All factions playable) has been removed for now, due to the amount of issues it was causing. Will revisit and integrate again in a future update once we sort out the problems.

*General/Admiral skill-trees look a little bonkers right now, and "Legendary Commanders"-skills aren't all showing. This is currently in WIP and next update will have a working and properly looking tree that includes "Legendary Commander"-stuff. I recommend only picking normal DeI skill-trees for now as the "LC"-ones will look differently in the next patch.

*Meroe/Medewi can't currently build any buildings. Will be fixed next update!

*12TPY & 4TPY-versions will be available post DeI 1.2.2g hotfix-release.

Happy new year to everyone!
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 31, 2017 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 31th December)

Patch for 1.2.2f is out!

Finally!..

The overhaul should now work with the latest version of DeI. Bear in mind that if they update to 1.2.2g and you have automatic update on via Steam Workshop, it might break DV again. Since I'm moving apartments next week it might be a few days before I update the overhaul again.

Some highlights/known issues in this patch (for a more thorough changelog, check post 2 in the thread or the changelog on the workshop page):

*Three new visual mods join DV in this update. Thanks to IVYS4URUS (alternate banner) and DeusEx010101 (two sets of coloured icons)

*AFP (All factions playable) has been removed for now, due to the amount of issues it was causing. Will revisit and integrate again in a future update once we sort out the problems.

*General/Admiral skill-trees look a little bonkers right now, and "Legendary Commanders"-skills aren't all showing. This is currently in WIP and next update will have a working and properly looking tree that includes "Legendary Commander"-stuff. I recommend only picking normal DeI skill-trees for now as the "LC"-ones will look differently in the next patch.

*Meroe/Medewi can't currently build any buildings. Will be fixed next update!

*12TPY & 4TPY-versions will be available post DeI 1.2.2g hotfix-release.

Happy new year to everyone!
    Respect

Great work Ygraine! Can't wait to take this beauty out for another ride in my next campaign.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

1: De AI Arbitriis is fully compatible with Data Venia

2: @Ygraine. i do get a graficbug with the new version on the Settlement UI check screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rr...ONDoI6MN8SnbGw
    Last edited by Joysong; January 01, 2018 at 06:17 AM.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 1st January)

Small hotfix is out!

Meroe/Blemmyes/Axum can now build normally, among some other fixes (check changelog).

12 TPY and 4 TPY submods are updated (you can find them in download-section and load them before DV).

Thanks everyone!

@Joysong I've removed Client States completely from DV (they neither exist in starpos nor are allowed) and satrapies are called tributaries now.

Thanks for the report about the roman UI, will investigate!

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 1st January)

@Ygraine. thx! i love the changes that you made. DAIA is a submod that prioritieses the occupation decision of factions. occupation decision liberate and occupation_decision_vassel shouldn't be a problem because the UI is changed to tributaries (much better name btw). right? i see no bugs happening after 10 turns and our mods do not conflict in the db table.

Another small hotfix is out!

This one simply fixes the Roman UI! Thanks for the report Joysong!

@Joysong

Yes, I don't think we changed occupation_decision at all, only removed client states as an option from the list.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Another small hotfix is out!

This one simply fixes the Roman UI! Thanks for the report Joysong!

@Joysong

Yes, I don't think we changed occupation_decision at all, only removed client states as an option from the list.
    @ Ygraine yes the Settlement Ui seems fixed. almost done. only the Agents, and generals look a bit look a bit pale
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KG...c3IifIHtH987Ml

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    @ Ygraine yes the Settlement Ui seems fixed. almost done. only the Agents, and generals look a bit look a bit pale
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KG...c3IifIHtH987Ml
    I just tested and it looks fine here! You sure it's not on your end? We haven't edited any variant meshes except for Thracian Nobles so far. Or maybe it's some random missing mesh in DeI?.. In any case I can't reproduce it on my end.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Joysong's Avatar Miles

I just tested and it looks fine here! You sure it's not on your end? We haven't edited any variant meshes except for Thracian Nobles so far. Or maybe it's some random missing mesh in DeI?.. In any case I can't reproduce it on my end.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

im sorry my bad. i haven't had dit problem before and since you updated the UI i thought it mus be Data Venia. without your mod i still have it

Sorry my bad. i still have it after deactivade Data Venia.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Sorry my bad. i still have it after deactivade Data Venia.
    Μod conflict, over the 37 mod limit maybe ???

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Μod conflict, over the 37 mod limit maybe ???
    na don't know but after download Dei part 1 again it was fixed.

@Ygraine i found another UI glitsie screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UVN9r_v9u9XJ9vWO1oBHQUqchZ0Rrt15

na don't know but after download Dei part 1 again it was fixed.

@Ygraine i found another UI glitsie screenshot
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UVN9r_v9u9XJ9vWO1oBHQUqchZ0Rrt15

Yes, I already wrote about it earlier. It's being fixed and will be included in the next major update!

The UI in patch 18 doesn't support both the normal and LC-skill trees since the skill-window doesn't center, but instead always leans leftwards! And you can't minimize the portraits So what we are doing is to rework the skill-trees to have less trees in total, but more skills per tree (ie. moving some skills from some trees to others). This seems to be the only way to solve the issue unfortunately, as we've tried different methods of manipulating the UI, for example via vertical stacking - but nothing works the way we want it to.

For now I recommend only picking the normal DeI-skills, not the LC ones.

So since this submod is 24tpy, are the movement ranges altered to reflect this?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    So since this submod is 24tpy, are the movement ranges altered to reflect this?
    The main pack is 24TPY, but there are two submod packs you can download in the first post that change it to either 12TPY or 4TPY (also changes reform-dates, historical message dates, research-times etc). The movement is the same though. You can easily download another mod that modifies movement and just load it before, should be compatible (example is Don Kanalljes excellent mod that I used before learning modding and making my own changes http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eta-12-01-2017 )

Hey @Ygraine - thank you for putting this together, I really look forward to trying it out.

Main question: what other major submods is this compatible with? I know this is a constantly evolving situation but it would be great to know as of 6 Jan 2018 what that list is!

E.g. should the player use the DeI Hardcore mod with this or not?

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Hi!

I hope you like it!

It works with Arbitriis, Cultural Tension and Hardcore AI aggression only-version. As for other submods, name a few since I don't know which others you mean

You don't really need hardcore submod for this though, as "normal" campaign difficulty in DV is harder than very hard in DeI.