Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Meek Da Sweg's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Any news on how long (estimation) it will take for this to be updated to the current divide et impera/update 19? I can't wait to try this out, and just curious about when I likely could.

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

thank you for the answer but I would like to know if using 12tpy I would have to have the first reform or I have not yet reached the year in which it occurs I am in the year 266bc thank you for your time ...

RaggaBaby's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    The UI isn't updated for Patch 19 yet AFAIK.

PS
    Welcome to the Forums.
    Thanks glad to be a part of this!

Thanks kwarktaart zal het zo dan proberen coole naam trouwens!

And Ygraine thanks for explaining and replying!

Would really love to try it, but feel dumbfounded by this:
    Combat-changes:

• The base for the combat-system is still the good ol' 0.x and 1.0 system but with several improvements and innovations.
    and other unit balancing tweaks.
    Can someone clarify if this really feels smooth or one big mess?

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Meek Da Sweg View Post
    Any news on how long (estimation) it will take for this to be updated to the current divide et impera/update 19? I can't wait to try this out, and just curious about when I likely could.
    Today the easter holidays started so a lot is going to be done in the upcoming days. If we're lucky it'll be out before tuesday next week!

Quote Originally Posted by milohve01 View Post
    thank you for the answer but I would like to know if using 12tpy I would have to have the first reform or I have not yet reached the year in which it occurs I am in the year 266bc thank you for your time ...
    I don't remember the exact scaled dates for 12tpy, but like I mentioned earlier I'll be looking over all reform scripts again this weekend to make sure everything works correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    Would really love to try it, but feel dumbfounded by this:

and other unit balancing tweaks.
    Can someone clarify if this really feels smooth or one big mess?
    The base used to be the old combat system that DeI used, but I've moved away a bit from that since then. The main concept is still slower and more immersive combat that gives you time to zoom in and look at fighting and such but with more defined roles for each type of unit. The latest combat balance was not included in the last working version, I only have it in my beta currently. It'll be included in the next release!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    The base used to be the old combat system that DeI used, but I've moved away a bit from that since then. The main concept is still slower and more immersive combat that gives you time to zoom in and look at fighting and such but with more defined roles for each type of unit. The latest combat balance was not included in the last working version, I only have it in my beta currently. It'll be included in the next release!
    I'm curious about that.
    Also how are you gonna treat the Campaign dif affecting Battle dif. ''bug'' introduced by CA lately ? I don't know if you have checked our latest Dev talk about it.

I'm curious about that.
    Also how are you gonna treat the Campaign dif affecting Battle dif. ''bug'' introduced by CA lately ? I don't know if you have checked our latest Dev talk about it.
    DV is meant to be played on normal campaign difficulty so it shouldn't be an issue!

DV is meant to be played on normal campaign difficulty so it shouldn't be an issue!
    Υeah I totally forgot. Waiting for your update anyways.

Spent a few hours making DV compatible with 1.2.2k, but now 1.1.2L is out!
    It remains to be seen what compatibility issues will arise this time, and how much time it will take to find and solve those...

As for another sneak-peak...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Elephants were changed to have a lot more animals (50 being the most common amount) to circumvent the auto-resolve issue where most of them die due to previously being very few per group. To balance it out, their price/upkeep has been increased by a fair amount and all spears have received a higher bonus against them (javelins are still the best counter). After several battles they seem to be in a good place and not overpowered as I was afraid they'd end up

We really can't keep up with @Dresden's industriousness.

We're aiming to have a working release this weekend. The faction overhaul that my co-modder is working on is nearly done, along with the implemented LC-skilltrees!

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Ygraine pls don't release sunday evening for I will not wake up monday morning.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

We're aiming to have a working release this weekend. The faction overhaul that my co-modder is working on is nearly done, along with the implemented LC-skilltrees!
    I have the whole weekend of plus Monday. Great timing.

Can’t. Wait. This submod is amazingly good for the 40-50 turns I was able to play it. One question: with the reworked battle system, will forts be less effective? They felt a bit too powerful in the 1.2.2g version, often the fort towers would kill 3,500+ enemies out of the AI’s 6,000.
    Also, hello again Greek, long time no see indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRazaman View Post
    Can’t. Wait. This submod is amazingly good for the 40-50 turns I was able to play it. One question: with the reworked battle system, will forts be less effective? They felt a bit too powerful in the 1.2.2g version, often the fort towers would kill 3,500+ enemies out of the AI’s 6,000.
    Also, hello again Greek, long time no see indeed!
    Towers were slightly nerfed. Unfortunately there's not much else to do because the game uses the same entry for fort towers and babarian city towers, if I'd nerf them too much it would mean that sieges would be very easy against barbarians. Range on fire-arrows were nerfed a bit too so you can't just casually burn them each time as a player (Lindybeige claims that fire arrows weren't used effectively at all and that it's a movie-thing).

Instead I've made the fort walls more flammable, so they will catch fire faster when there's a prolonged melee going on around them - opening up more gaps for the AI to enter inside.

The best thing would be if CA got off their butts and programmed the AI to actually destroy them...

The best thing would be if CA got off their butts and programmed the AI to actually destroy them...
    Getting a beer with the Easter bunny would be more feasible.

Are Civil Wars back in for the 1.2 Version?

And what is the CAI aggression like in terms of making efforts to engage your forces and attack provinces whilst at war?
    Last edited by ltsweeting; April 07, 2018 at 07:10 PM.

@itsweeting

Civil wars will be back yes, will possibly make an extra pack where it is disabled for those who prefer that.
    CAI aggression works best when you play with 41 units per army.

Unfortunately there's going to be a delay on the update due to some unforeseen issues.

CAI aggression works best when you play with 41 units per army.
    I wasn't aware that 41 UPA could affect CAI...

I wasn't aware that 41 UPA could affect CAI...
    I'm guessing it has to do with the CAI deciding if attacking a town/city will be successful or not. 41 units will obviously beat a garrison even if auto-resolve is normally in favour of the defending side (in a garrison 15-20 vs 20 fight).
    Even as a player it can get quite tough to defend against that many with just a default garrison.