Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Yamamuro's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Im not sure that the AI will be able to use these effects, meaning that it will just be in favor of the player. And lets be honest, we dont need any further advantages
    That "use effect" may be standart shot for skrimishers, AI will use it same as player. And we talk not about any favor for player. We talk about adding new tactical tricks, history based tactical tricks. Like a pilums, basicaly used for lowering enemy shields before charge.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Pilum already has those effects and I am almost sure they are not working. There are certain stats that for some reason can be buffed but cannot be debufed with certain abilities.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

@Yamamuro

Thank you.

In regards of hoplite charge, it's basically the default old stats from the old combat balance (based on that a hoplite charge was pretty devastating in general). For most hoplites the "oomphh" killing effect will be their charge and not prolonged combat itself (since they're more of a defensive unit).

About javelins, I buffed them a bit in general and decreased their spread so they actually hit more targets now (excellent way to fight pikemen, elephants or throw enemy heavy infantry in the back/side). CristoTheVicious is also planning to overhaul javelins in general and add new special types (it's on the to-do-list) and it will probably make javelins a bit different and more balanced - might try stuff like "penetration"/"shieldbreaker" for them (if it works - since KAM2150 mentioned it might not).

I buffed their AP damage by 1 more point in the next update to see how they perform. They should have the highest AP among all ranged unit-types (except artillery) and lowest spread.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Not sure if this is related to the mod but the AI is quick to offer or accept a peace deal following the turn they declared war on you. Also is wiling to pay money for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JHN71 View Post
    Not sure if this is related to the mod but the AI is quick to offer or accept a peace deal following the turn they declared war on you. Also is wiling to pay money for peace.
    Yes, I'm aware of this behaviour and I'm planning to try to change this in an update soon (next update is about shield block and some other stuff to balance out the ranged unit buffs recently).

I'm going to decrease the amount of money you can ask from AI via diplomacy (based on FlashHeart07's work) to avoid players being able to ask the AI for thousands in money (AI can still offer you a lot of money, doesn't seem to be a way to restrict them in this matter, perhaps hardcoded). As for them suing for peace after declaring war, some change is needed in the diplomacy table - I'm going to take a look at it with my friend and try to figure it out!

Edit: Diplomacy fix (for how much money you can demand, offering peace is still on the to-do-list), shieldblock overhaul and some other changes have been updated! Hopefully javelins perform better now, and even training cheap, weak ones will be worth it.
    Last edited by Ygraine; November 06, 2016 at 08:26 AM.

Updated the submod!

The main features of this update are buffed regional supply values to compensate for more armies and this will hopefully mean less regional death-zones where the AI gets stuck in starvation forever, diplomatic behaviour changed so less peace-spam from the AI, Persian factions can now confederate (except Ardhan and Cappadocia) and all greek factions can confederate (including Epirus but excluding all other Successor-states)! For full patchnotes see post number two as usual.

I will be fixing all unit-sizes in startpos (for garrisons and starting units) once 1.2 is out as there's no point doing it now due to the immense amount of work it requires and since I'll have to redo it again in 1.2 anyway due to map change. I'll also release a modified population script adapted to the unit-size changes I've made for several units once 1.2 is out.

4 tpy version? I know how to made 4 tpy, but i want to play with balance game where all things balanced for 4 tpy. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by faber_avgust View Post
    4 tpy version? I know how to made 4 tpy, but i want to play with balance game where all things balanced for 4 tpy. Thanks
    I'm going to hold off a bit on additional TPYs until 1.2 is out which shouldn't be super far away now.

Right now I'm trying to make sure AI doesn't spam peace offers to much (and not the opposite either). Would be nice with some feedback though from anyone playing the submod.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

1.2 is pretty far away. I think Ivan postponed it to 2054 or perhaps it was 2053? Im not entirely sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2053-2054?! Damn, I thought it was still 2028!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Nope. People started asking for an open beta so we postponed it further. So you got plenty of time to work on this.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I thought we had found a loophole?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

These changes are right up my alley for the type of game I like to play, thank you (EB2 fanboy checking in)! We all know 1.2 is coming out on Tuesday January 19 2038 at 03:14:07 am, because that is the End Times (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem)

EDIT: nm, I'm dumb. Thought my generals weren't gaining XP from governing, but I was looking at the legion XP. Haven't played R2 in a few months.
    Last edited by myarta; November 25, 2016 at 09:23 PM.

Glad you like it!

You should get experience yes, the only difference is that I increased the amount needed to level up. If you get no exp at all then you have some mod loaded before that conflicts I assume. I use governor-generals all the time and they always gain exp

As it usually goes for any submod (or "main mod" for that matter) there is some stuff here that I really like, and some others that I really dislike.

I personally will not be trying this out, but I do think many of the stuff that went in here are well thought out and necessary.

Good luck with the submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    I thought we had found a loophole?
    No loopholes! More time delays!

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    As it usually goes for any submod (or "main mod" for that matter) there is some stuff here that I really like, and some others that I really dislike.

I personally will not be trying this out, but I do think many of the stuff that went in here are well thought out and necessary.

Good luck with the submod.
    Thanks. It was originally a collection of changes that me and my friends played and not something planned for public release. So obviously tailored more towards personal preference!

I also have other packs that were made along with Data Venia (an overhaul of Tysos music mod with lots of new additions and a big collection of new emblems/banners/faction colours) that I didn't release since some of it is based off other peoples work/copyrighted content.

Feel free to pick any tables you like for your own pack if you're knowledgeable in PFM/Assembly Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Im not sure that the AI will be able to use these effects, meaning that it will just be in favor of the player. And lets be honest, we dont need any further advantages
    I don't think so ! The AI anyway have the upper hand, it's a program which read all your datas and react, not so in real life......

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Political events should now be deactivated, ie assassinations, blackmail and adoptions (hopefully, tested for 40 turns roughly and didn't have a single popup). Yippie!

The normal civil war version still has them active for obvious reasons for those who prefer both systems intact!

Currently testing larger army-sizes with edited supply region scripts (increased base supply values in all regions to be able to handle the larger armies, otherwise you'll get instant starvation) and if working well I will release an optional version suited for this for people who prefer giant battles and have a computer being able to handle it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I await this with a lot of hope. I have a crossfire of a 2 R290 and a 8 core AMD 4800MHz, and I can handle with ease huge battles at max. Please do that submod.