Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the compatibility with the new characters submod dresden posted? I am only running data venia and that mod (plus the no hdr mod), and I have a consistent crash after turn 12 going on turn 13 as the Oydsrian kingdom. Or is it just that Data Venia is much less stable than the base DeI?

I'm having to go back to base DeI, and I was really enjoying many of the features of this submod....
    Everything Dresden releases in these part of the Forums is DEI compatible. If any submod of DEI is not compatible with another, then you should message the creator of the submod.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

in my game with this mod and the new characters submod the reforms did not work well. the marian and polyian reforms units where available at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    in my game with this mod and the new characters submod the reforms did not work well. the marian and polyian reforms units where available at the same time.
    They are not compatible yet, Ygraine needs to update DV.

Which new characters are you talking about? If you mean the new historical figures, then those have no effect on this mod. Did you add data venia to an existing campaign?

Joysong's Avatar Miles

i used historical figures with this mod in an new campaign. worked fine until reforms. i got reforms in 269 (4 turn pY) and old units were still available.

Then you have a conflict with another submod, the historical figures submods don't contain any files that can conflict with the reforms.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Then you have a conflict with another submod, the historical figures submods don't contain any files that can conflict with the reforms.
    your right its because of the Data Venia 4 TPY submod. i get reforms at 39 turns completly messed up.

Could be that it's outdated or in a bad load order then.

Is this sub mod also compatible with Caesar legions?

It should be if you load https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...0hZbGV0T1JVSDg higher in the higher load order, can't make any promises about the future dei version though since that'll add new units and i'll have to wait for this mod to be updated first.

Biarchus

Data Venia doesn't seem to work with latest DEI 1.2.2 update. When DV is checked, R2 will not load. When unchecked, DEI works fine. Just thought I'd let you know.

DV hasn't been updated yet.

yes. Doesn't work now!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I think that Ygraine is well aware that it doesnt work with the latest update of DeI. But please have patience. It takes time and effort and we also have our personal lives to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry, I've been absent from both modding and gaming lately.

I'll try to look at what the new patch is all about this week and make a compatibility update as soon as possible. For now I recommend using DeI's stand alone pack instead of the Steam version. That way any new patch won't be breaking your game and you can safely play until DV is up to date.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Sorry, I've been absent from both modding and gaming lately.

I'll try to look at what the new patch is all about this week and make a compatibility update as soon as possible. For now I recommend using DeI's stand alone pack instead of the Steam version. That way any new patch won't be breaking your game and you can safely play until DV is up to date.
    Τake your time...It's summer (at least in Mediterranean)
    Enjoy your free time and then work with the mod.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Currently testing some changes to the battles that I hope will improve the whole experience a bit.

For example I want cav to function more than just as the hammer (charging enemies in the back) and chasing routing enemies. Medium, heavy and superheavy cav should be fairly decent in prolonged hand to hand combat (unless versus spears/pikes).

At the same time I want swords, axes and maces to be slightly more effective against infantry in general - but that also means that players need to feel there's a point in recruiting spearmen for more than just anti-cavalry duty. Here I'm trying different new formations that will be unique to just spearmen (not hoplites, looking at slightly changing the hoplite phalanx bonuses too).

For example, supposedly most Roman players will field mostly gladius-infantry right now, with perhaps 2-4 spears at flanks. With the changes I'm experimenting with it will be more relevant to adapt to your enemies army composition than with the old balance.
    Let's say I'm fighting the Macedonians and they have a bunch of heavy and shock cav. You'd want to bring more spear infantry with these changes, because even though gladius infantry will beat most other infantry in combat - they will have a harder time with heavy cav now due to the weapon not being optimal against horsemen. This means that cookie-cutter compositions for all types of enemies won't be as obvious any more.

There also needs to be a reason for the player to invest in more expensive spears instead of just buying the cheapest through a whole campaign. With the new changes heavy cav will destroy spear levies (albeit still taking extra losses due to the fact spears get a bonus against them). Charging a Nizagan spear levy with Cataphracts head on, the horsemen might lose a few soldiers but completely destroy the levies in the process. But try charging decent hoplites or elite spears with them and the results will be very different.
    I'm my Parthian test-campaign (I'm playing with 41-units per army) I had around 30 nizagans in my army when fighting the Scytho-Sarmatian Horde (confederation), due to them having lots of cataphract-tier cavalry (post-reform). The ratio of 1:1 just doesn't work any more when it's a levy spear against a good melee/shock cav, so if you're going with cheap spears then get lots of extra!

You can see below how many men these poor levies lost and how many they've managed to kill so far.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Back to spear-specific formations, the plan is for all "cheap/basic" spears to have one basic formation - and for all elite spears to have the basic one and a second different one (or just the better one, but different from the basic one). But since the AI doesn't seem to be able to use just any formation, this might not be feasible. Time will tell!

TL;DR
    The overhaul is still being worked on and there are lots of changes/new stuff I'm testing right now. I'm also waiting for the main DeI team to release the hotfixes they need to release, because it's a lot of work having to update the submod every time they release an update (even small ones will often mean lots of adaptation).
    Last edited by Ygraine; October 10, 2017 at 09:02 AM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Could you release a submod for DeI that just gets rid of the hoplite phalanx?
    It is a feature that its currently ruining the mod to me and many others

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

Icon14 Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

[QUOTE = Ikeis93; 15425309] ¿Podrías lanzar un submodulador para Dei que acaba de deshacerse de la falange hoplite?
    Es una característica que actualmente está arruinando la mod para mí y para muchos otros [/ QUOTE]

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

I'm very eager to see what you will come up with. Can't wait