Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 766

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2019-08-21)

  1. #281

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    For those who are trying to use this to play the grand campaign on Mac, for some reason this submod works for that. I have no idea why really, but it seems to at least. Here is a version for those who want to try it out that has only the startpos/script/character/faction changes in it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack and no battle/unit/cai changes. The main idea here is to try to see whats causing it to work.

    Ygraine if this is stepping on your toes at all let me know and I will remove it. I am just curious as to what is allowing Mac users to play the grand campaign using the submod. It has to be something in the scripts or startpos.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 14, 2017 at 04:55 PM.

    ----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

  2. #282

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    might want to post it on the mac breakthrough thread as well as that might be the place most mac users go to first.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

  3. #283

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    For those who are trying to use this to play the grand campaign on Mac, for some reason this submod works for that. I have no idea why really, but it seems to at least. Here is a version for those who want to try it out that has only the startpos/script/character/faction changes in it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack and no battle/unit/cai changes. The main idea here is to try to see whats causing it to work.

    Ygraine if this is stepping on your toes at all let me know and I will remove it. I am just curious as to what is allowing Mac users to play the grand campaign using the submod. It has to be something in the scripts or startpos.
    Also important note!! only works if you rename the file from @a_Mac_DEI_submod.pack to @@a_Mac_DEI_submod.pack, I have not clue as to why thats the case, but it is
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

  4. #284

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    That is really bizarre - I wonder if its because you had another submod named the same thing from before (I named it the same as the other mac test submod). Anyway, I renamed it http://www.mediafire.com/file/trg6al...eI_submod.pack

    If Ygraine gives permission, I will add this to the official submod list for Mac users and list credit for Data venia and a link to this submod.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 14, 2017 at 04:58 PM.

    ----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

  5. #285

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Hey, I think towers are a bit too strong. When you creating a fort with your army and someone attack you, you just need to secure the main entraces and for the towers kill all the enemies

  6. #286

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Ygraine is disappeared?

  7. #287

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Ygraine is disappeared?
    Modders also have their private lives,holidays and breaks. They dedicate a huge amount of time and work in the mods,and they even share their work afterwards. We should be grateful and pacient,that's the least we could do,not just demanding them new updates so we can play how we want. Either learn to mod it yourself or take it easy,come on...

  8. #288

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Ygraine is still around don't worry.

  9. #289
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,274

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    I believe HuoShan was joking guys.

  10. #290

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    in the 4tpy submod what turn does the Thorax Reform happen
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

  11. #291
    VektorT's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Not sure if intended or not, but I cannot toggle and untoggle hoplite formation, it's always on, meaning that they move super slow and I cannot spread them when needed. Any way to revert it back to the normal, allowing me to untoggle the formation?

  12. #292
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,274

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    Not sure if intended or not, but I cannot toggle and untoggle hoplite formation, it's always on, meaning that they move super slow and I cannot spread them when needed. Any way to revert it back to the normal, allowing me to untoggle the formation?
    Ιt's WAD.

  13. #293

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Just had a crash on turn 10 or so with the Odysrian Kingdom. I am using the faction heirs/characters submod Dresden posted, could this be conflicting?

    What's "WAD?"

  14. #294
    VektorT's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Ιt's WAD.
    "WAD" is Working As Designed, I suppose? If so, may I ask the logic behind it? Taking a wild guess... is it because the AI wouldn't form the shieldwall if it's left togglable?

  15. #295
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,367

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    It does form shieldwall as toggleable in base DeI, Data Venia is based on my old battle system, which did not have it yet. Also I has little in common with hoplite formation in base DeI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  16. #296
    VektorT's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    It does form shieldwall as toggleable in base DeI, Data Venia is based on my old battle system, which did not have it yet. Also I has little in common with hoplite formation in base DeI.
    Is it possible to make it togglable or would it mess with the AI/balance? I mean, it gets forever to move my hoplites anywhere. Those field battles where the AI camp over the hill on the edge of the map just last forever because hoplites are super sluggish even on fast foward.

  17. #297

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Any thoughts on the compatibility with the new characters submod dresden posted? I am only running data venia and that mod (plus the no hdr mod), and I have a consistent crash after turn 12 going on turn 13 as the Oydsrian kingdom. Or is it just that Data Venia is much less stable than the base DeI?

    I'm having to go back to base DeI, and I was really enjoying many of the features of this submod....
    Last edited by bthizle1; July 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

  18. #298

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.1)

    anyone else having an issue where, when invading italy, the stacks rome musters jump reform levels? got a nasty surprise and have no idea how to deal with the marian legion that counterattacked my still basic carthaginian army. keep in mind that rome is still in the camillian reforms era.

  19. #299

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Apologies if this has been noted already, but the Tarantine White Shields seem to be intended to exist as pikemen, but have the model of hoplites and carry spears.

  20. #300

    Default Re: [Submod] Data Venia - Overhaul (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

    Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the compatibility with the new characters submod dresden posted? I am only running data venia and that mod (plus the no hdr mod), and I have a consistent crash after turn 12 going on turn 13 as the Oydsrian kingdom. Or is it just that Data Venia is much less stable than the base DeI?

    I'm having to go back to base DeI, and I was really enjoying many of the features of this submod....
    You mean the historical figures submod? That should even work without DEI, so that shouldn't be causing any issues. Try loading your autosave, saving it and then loading your proper save.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •