Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Quote Originally Posted by Senktris View Post
    I somehow managed to fix the reforms, but in a cheesy way - had to change the needed turns and imperium levels for the player to 0. Without that even in my "regular" campaign as Rome the reforms did not trigger.
    Let's hope this is going to help you. And don't stress yourself, let's wait for CA's "work".
    Danke! It just might

Going to sit down this weekend and start looking at the changes to the tables in both patch 19 and 1.2.2h. Hopefully we'll have a new and working DV version soon!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Have a good weekend!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 09, 2018 at 03:24 PM.

Thank you!

I can't give you any screenshots since I'm at the office, but here's a little sneak peak of the next patch...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not only will we get new general skill trees (merged an edited version of Legendary Commander into the DeI tree) but also our first faction overhaul!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I can't give you any screenshots since I'm at the office, but here's a little sneak peak of the next patch...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not only will we get new general skill trees (merged an edited version of Legendary Commander into the DeI tree) but also our first faction overhaul!
    Whaaat ???

RaggaBaby's Avatar Laetus

Ok so i absolutely love this mod but i'm having one issue, when i want to assign a trait to one of my generals the bar in which it is shown is obstructed by the generals picture on the bottom left corner. Is anybody else having this issue?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking forward to this! Thanks, as always.

Really interested in what you have in store for this update.

Quote Originally Posted by RaggaBaby View Post
    Ok so i absolutely love this mod but i'm having one issue, when i want to assign a trait to one of my generals the bar in which it is shown is obstructed by the generals picture on the bottom left corner. Is anybody else having this issue?
    The UI isn't updated for Patch 19 yet AFAIK.

PS
    Welcome to the Forums.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 15, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

had the same issue, you can use the faction -> characters screen for that

Welcome to the forums & thank you!

This is due to the Legendary Commanders mod hitting the UI "cap" that was introduced when the UI changed in the previous patch. We tried different solutions to keep the trees separate like before, but it's impossible to have so many trees in the new UI, because they always end up behind the portrait.

In the next big update the trees will instead be merged with the DeI ones, so you'll have more skills per tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Looking forward to this! Thanks, as always.

Really interested in what you have in store for this update.
    Thank you!

I have lots of ideas in store that I'd like to try out.

For example I'd like to make barbarian factions even more "unique". I already buffed their ambush stance significantly in the previous DV update, and now I'm looking at giving a lot of light/medium barbarian infantry guerilla tactics deployment in battles. This should really spice things up and make cultures stand out from each other more, not just on the campaign map and with different meshes/textures - but also their tactics on the battlefield.
    I've also played around with the idea of giving some barbarian infantry wedge formation, but I need to test how the AI actually performs with that first.

If people like the upcoming faction overhaul, we might make a few others too.

One other idea that I've had for quite some time is to remake the whole recruitment tier system.
    Right now I feel that elites are available far too early (especially for some factions that unlock super strong units in just a few turns and then completely steamroll their neighbours who still use mostly levies).
    But I want the DeI team to finish their faction overhauls first, since changing recruitment tiers is a massive and time consuming undertaking. I want elite units to be something to look forward to in the mid-game, not something you can get at turn 10 (with some exceptions like for example the Royal Heavy Cavalry from Antioch).

Edit:

Speaking of the barbarian ambush stance, if anyone has tried it please let me know if it works well or not so I can nerf it if it's currently too high.
    I want barbarians to be able to succeed with ambushes more often than other cultures, but it's difficult to know how well balanced it is right now.

Last time I checked I had a 89% ambush chance success on ideal terrain. Perhaps this is a bit too high...
    But on the other hand it gives you a reason to invest into the "Discover ambush"-skill for your generals who campaign in for example Gaul/Germania. Unfortunately the AI seems to pick skills at random meaning that this kind of value could benefit the player a lot more.
    Last edited by Ygraine; March 16, 2018 at 08:56 AM.

The ambush ideas sound promising. It should really separate the barbarians from the pack; which I'm a huge proponent of.

Any sneak peeks at the first faction overhaul?

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

hello I would like to know if it works with the update 19 and the last of DEI ????
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 17, 2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by milohve01 View Post
    hello I would like to know if it works with the update 19 and the last of DEI ????
    It does not work with the latest DeI 1.2.2j at this time.

Ygraine, or anyone else on the team, is your plan to wait for DeI to get to a more stable release i.e 1.2.3 or even 1.3 before releasing an update to DV and include your faction overhaul etc or will you be doing a "hotfix" of sorts to keep making it compatible with DeI's 1.2.2 versions?

Yep, the team has bugs to work out as a result of the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRazaman View Post
    It does not work with the latest DeI 1.2.2j at this time.

Ygraine, or anyone else on the team, is your plan to wait for DeI to get to a more stable release i.e 1.2.3 or even 1.3 before releasing an update to DV and include your faction overhaul etc or will you be doing a "hotfix" of sorts to keep making it compatible with DeI's 1.2.2 versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Yep, the team has bugs to work out as a result of the latest patch.
    Same DEI different bugs.
    See what I did there ?

Yes it does not work with yesterdays hotfix yet, started updating the tables for it today. Looks like the hotfixes are calming down now, so hopefully we can focus more on adding the new "features" instead of looking for incompatible tables

I have some other ideas too, but I won't reveal everything right away!

Senktris's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Yes it does not work with yesterdays hotfix yet, started updating the tables for it today. Looks like the hotfixes are calming down now, so hopefully we can focus more on adding the new "features" instead of looking for incompatible tables

I have some other ideas too, but I won't reveal everything right away!
    Nice! Looking forward to the next update!

In case you need help: Just send me a PM and tell me what you need done, I'll gladly help

This sounds really good and I'm keen to try it out but can someone tell me what the AI is like in terms of fielding armies? Basically I want to know if those minor faction 1 settlement owning factions can field multiple full stack armies whereas me playing as Rome for example can barely afford 1 and a half stacks with multiple cities and economic buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    This sounds really good and I'm keen to try it out but can someone tell me what the AI is like in terms of fielding armies? Basically I want to know if those minor faction 1 settlement owning factions can field multiple full stack armies whereas me playing as Rome for example can barely afford 1 and a half stacks with multiple cities and economic buildings.
    Well. It's a hardcore mod so everything is more difficult than Very hard DEI. You'll need to pay attention to your diplomacy and turtle your way up slowly

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

I would like to know if the reforms of Rome are good in the mod I am playing with 12 turns I am in the year 266 bc and the Polybian reform has not appeared this is correct?

Some players reported to have issues with the reforms in the latest version, others said it worked fine. It might be some mistake in one of the TPY packs perhaps.

I'm remaking the reform scripts from scratch for the next release!