Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    I'm guessing it has to do with the CAI deciding if attacking a town/city will be successful or not. 41 units will obviously beat a garrison even if auto-resolve is normally in favour of the defending side (in a garrison 15-20 vs 20 fight).
    Even as a player it can get quite tough to defend against that many with just a default garrison.
    Sounds logical. I'll like to test it more though and as always if it's hardcore I'm all in.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Hey Ygraine, sorry the anxiety, but when u and your team will release the uptodate compatible with DEI 1.2.2L? I was waiting for it last weekend, but im waiting until now... I never player ur submod and im very curious to check it out, but I have DEI. 1.2.2L. Ur and ur team work seens like a very good aprouch and very well done. I want to thank u and ur team in advance for the oportunity to play another nice work! Sorry again for my anxiety!

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by LONE_WOLF3 View Post
    Hey Ygraine, sorry the anxiety, but when u and your team will release the uptodate compatible with DEI 1.2.2L? I was waiting for it last weekend, but im waiting until now... I never player ur submod and im very curious to check it out, but I have DEI. 1.2.2L. Ur and ur team work seens like a very good aprouch and very well done. I want to thank u and ur team in advance for the oportunity to play another nice work! Sorry again for my anxiety!
    Yes, yes, just a bit of ANXIEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But otherwise, is it going well, Ygraine?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

We were planning to release it last weekend, but some IRL stuff came up so I didn't have time to mod at all.

Right now I'm play-testing a campaign to fine-tune AI upkeep-handicaps since a lot of players complained about the AI amassing way too large forces in comparison to their faction-size. Previously they had a whooping -65% upkeep bonus which resulted in small kingdoms with one town fielding three full armies. I've lowered that and I'm now testing values between -10% and -25% to find the sweet spot.

To be honest the current unreleased beta is for 1.2.2k, I haven't even had time to look at what 1.2.2L has. By the time I do that 1.2.2m will probably be released
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I haven't even had time to look at what 1.2.2L has. By the time I do that 1.2.2m will probably be released
    Blame it on Dresden's industrial level modding powers.

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

Hi I would like to do a test and I wonder what part of your mod I can use for the DV hoplites the Dei for my game that part I have to add greetings

Hi Ygraine, your work is awesome. Love the take you took into DeI it really makes it even more interesting.

Just one question, can you look into KAM new alternative economy for the next version? I think Venia and DeI in general could benefit a lot from his new design. Less stacks, more development of regions and trades, meaningful choices.

Quote Originally Posted by milohve01 View Post
    Hi I would like to do a test and I wonder what part of your mod I can use for the DV hoplites the Dei for my game that part I have to add greetings
    Hi!

Not sure what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Hi Ygraine, your work is awesome. Love the take you took into DeI it really makes it even more interesting.

Just one question, can you look into KAM new alternative economy for the next version? I think Venia and DeI in general could benefit a lot from his new design. Less stacks, more development of regions and trades, meaningful choices.
    Hi! Thanks!

I already doubled building construction costs a long time ago and increased trade income, but yes it's possible that I might be inclined to take it a bit further into that direction. As for less stacks, I've been testing CAI handicaps to make one-town factions spam less armies and it's working out great! I think all those who disliked it will be happy with the next update.

Hi! Thanks!

I already doubled building construction costs a long time ago and increased trade income, but yes it's possible that I might be inclined to take it a bit further into that direction. As for less stacks, I've been testing CAI handicaps to make one-town factions spam less armies and it's working out great! I think all those who disliked it will be happy with the next update.
    Great! I didn't know about those changes and can't wait for the new version. Thank you for the reply

Oh, I was playing a CiG campaign right now and noticed that the hoplites are too OP, even when totally flanked by all my troops they resist a lot!
    Last edited by PrimoTw; April 21, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

Is there any plans to increase the research times a bit?

Thanksa bunch Ygraine for this sub-mod ; that 24 TPY in itself adds much, but all thechanges are great in my opinion, and as a fan of EB I feel the same pleasure inplaying your mod than I did playing the former.
    Afew comments / glitches / bug / whatnot while playing as Parthia (don't know ifall these are related to Data Venia or DeI but I guessed I'd report themanyway) :
    _Tiers2 quartermaster building gives sth like 100 in terms of revenue while tiers 3is a downgrade and gives 75 wealth.
    _Iget only three kinds of religious buildings available for Parthia, while whenright-clicking to get a description it displays many more (like Anahit shrine,etc.)
    _TheSreni Pattya Yoddaha of Taksashila are awfully OP! Lol, get wrecked any timewith any unit, even the mighty cataphratcs of the Parni do not resist their 40melee attack / 65 defense / 55 charge / 45 weap. dmg / 3 weapon deadliness and65 morale, and all this is minimum! When they get upgraded they're justunstoppable, and Taksashila field a lot of them!

Don'tknow if all this is intended, or as Parthia may not be that much played, theseare bugs never really reported, so here I post Thx again
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 01, 2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Changed Text's Color.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimoTw View Post
    Great! I didn't know about those changes and can't wait for the new version. Thank you for the reply

Oh, I was playing a CiG campaign right now and noticed that the hoplites are too OP, even when totally flanked by all my troops they resist a lot!
    I changed combat quite a bit since the last public version, hoplites are still good now but not OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden-Dark View Post
    Is there any plans to increase the research times a bit?
    You mean for the 24TPY version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Louis Le Gueux View Post
    Thanksa bunch Ygraine for this sub-mod ; that 24 TPY in itself adds much, but all thechanges are great in my opinion, and as a fan of EB I feel the same pleasure inplaying your mod than I did playing the former.
    Afew comments / glitches / bug / whatnot while playing as Parthia (don't know ifall these are related to Data Venia or DeI but I guessed I'd report themanyway) :
    _Tiers2 quartermaster building gives sth like 100 in terms of revenue while tiers 3is a downgrade and gives 75 wealth.
    _Iget only three kinds of religious buildings available for Parthia, while whenright-clicking to get a description it displays many more (like Anahit shrine,etc.)
    _TheSreni Pattya Yoddaha of Taksashila are awfully OP! Lol, get wrecked any timewith any unit, even the mighty cataphratcs of the Parni do not resist their 40melee attack / 65 defense / 55 charge / 45 weap. dmg / 3 weapon deadliness and65 morale, and all this is minimum! When they get upgraded they're justunstoppable, and Taksashila field a lot of them!

Don'tknow if all this is intended, or as Parthia may not be that much played, theseare bugs never really reported, so here I post Thx again
    No, thank you!

Thanks, I'll take a look at the quartermaster and the temples. As for those elite indians, they should be very strong and it takes a while to unlock them. Might be that they need a price increase, but the AI doesn't really care much about prices anyway ^^

No, thank you!

^^ Thanks, I'll take a look at the quartermaster and the temples. As for those elite indians, they should be very strong and it takes a while to unlock them. Might be that they need a price increase, but the AI doesn't really care much about prices anyway ^^
    Thanks Ygraine for your time and effort and sorry about the bad typo in my previous message: copy paste collateral damage

About India's elite soldiers, I do believe they are unlocked at tiers 3 barrack (only??) but apart from that I don't think they are triggered by any kind of reform as I had to face them kind of early too in the game. So...taking a while?? lol but maybe ai doesn't care about reforms and technology research, Idk, hence your saying so if in the player's perspective. Still, 40 attack and 3 wpn deadliness...it hurts! And I haven't met the Thracian falxmen yet!

Since I'm at it, and as a lover of nomad/horse archer/coward faction, I might also report sth that I alone may see as a very little problem/small thing to (maybe)tune: unit pace. I found that the infantry closes up a bit too fast with the horse archers, even when they get tired, they're still able to encroach the light cavalry, or at least keep up with them (kind of). As an example, as soon as the ha run away and turn back to fire again, they're not able to do it so many times - the infantry (even some in hoplite formation) are already on them. I exaggerate a tad bit, but this kind of make the foot archers also imo not that useful as when the enemy frontline starts to run at you, they are on your archers before they could fire that much volleys. Last time I was looking closely at a unit running, and simply found them to be unrealistically doing so (too fast).
    These were my two cent's and I'm highly aware that this might be only me, and honestly it doesn't bother me very much; I just deal with it. The battle pace is, I know, sth very related to personnal tastes: as soon as you've finished tweaking, thinking you got the perfect setting someone comes up and complains about it

Thanks Ygraine for your time and effort and sorry about the bad typo in my previous message: copy paste collateral damage

About India's elite soldiers, I do believe they are unlocked at tiers 3 barrack (only??) but apart from that I don't think they are triggered by any kind of reform as I had to face them kind of early too in the game. So...taking a while?? lol but maybe ai doesn't care about reforms and technology research, Idk, hence your saying so if in the player's perspective. Still, 40 attack and 3 wpn deadliness...it hurts! And I haven't met the Thracian falxmen yet!

Since I'm at it, and as a lover of nomad/horse archer/coward faction, I might also report sth that I alone may see as a very little problem/small thing to (maybe)tune: unit pace. I found that the infantry closes up a bit too fast with the horse archers, even when they get tired, they're still able to encroach the light cavalry, or at least keep up with them (kind of). As an example, as soon as the ha run away and turn back to fire again, they're not able to do it so many times - the infantry (even some in hoplite formation) are already on them. I exaggerate a tad bit, but this kind of make the foot archers also imo not that useful as when the enemy frontline starts to run at you, they are on your archers before they could fire that much volleys. Last time I was looking closely at a unit running, and simply found them to be unrealistically doing so (too fast).
    These were my two cent's and I'm highly aware that this might be only me, and honestly it doesn't bother me very much; I just deal with it. The battle pace is, I know, sth very related to personnal tastes: as soon as you've finished tweaking, thinking you got the perfect setting someone comes up and complains about it
    No worries!!

Yes, you're right. The barrack tiers for units are a bit messed up right now because they use vanilla DeI ones. Somewhere along the line in DeI elite units became available much earlier and I haven't gotten around to moving them up along the tiers again, but it's on my to-do list as soon as 1.2.3 is out. Then I'm diving into buildings_units_allowed for real, and all super elites will be moved up one tier.

Yes I understand what you mean, it's due to infantry moving faster when charging and it's an easy fix. I will try nerfing the speed a little in my current test-playthrough to see if I can get an adequate pace.

As for the mod in general, it looks like there won't be any update until 1.2.3 is out (should be somewhere this summer according to a little bird), then we'll release the big patch right after that with working general trees, modified combat and lots of other goodies/surprises like new submods that I was given permission to use
    Last edited by Ygraine; May 04, 2018 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Edited since KAM is innocent (or is he?)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Note, I never moved a single unit in the barrack tier ;P
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Haha, thanks guys And good to hear about your plans ; looking forward to your release

Another oddity, the Qanat building for Parthia seems to be a doublon: you can create it through the farming tree in the little towns while also available in the industry tree in your main settlement. Again, dunno if intended or, as the building trees of this faction might be messed up (like possibly the shrine tree), it is a bug.

You mean for the 24TPY version?
    I mean in general. Sorry, I have not downloaded the mod but it looks very interesting, so I was wondering if the research times are longer than vanilla DEI.

Haha, thanks guys And good to hear about your plans ; looking forward to your release

Another oddity, the Qanat building for Parthia seems to be a doublon: you can create it through the farming tree in the little towns while also available in the industry tree in your main settlement. Again, dunno if intended or, as the building trees of this faction might be messed up (like possibly the shrine tree), it is a bug.
    Thanks, haven't noticed the doublon issue! I have it on my to-do to change building bonuses a bit. Some buildings are almost never worth building due to the limited building slot system. I'm sure most players usually go with a certain "meta" layout for their provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden-Dark View Post
    I mean in general. Sorry, I have not downloaded the mod but it looks very interesting, so I was wondering if the research times are longer than vanilla DEI.
    They are buffed a bit depending on TPY, yes!

Ygraine never mind! lol, just had the good idea to actually check the Encyclopedia and those building "problems" I mentionned are actually not problems at all. Parthia is meant to have only three kinds of religious buildings available and the Qanat is both buildable through the agricultural tree and the industrial tree...NExt time I'll be checking first...And although I don't quite get what u mean by meta layout, I personnally don't bother building some buildings that's true, as they do not give that much bonuses compared to others and still seem to be useless imo.

Ygraine never mind! lol, just had the good idea to actually check the Encyclopedia and those building "problems" I mentionned are actually not problems at all. Parthia is meant to have only three kinds of religious buildings available and the Qanat is both buildable through the agricultural tree and the industrial tree...NExt time I'll be checking first...And although I don't quite get what u mean by meta layout, I personnally don't bother building some buildings that's true, as they do not give that much bonuses compared to others and still seem to be useless imo.
    I meant that unfortunately due to the silly and extremely limited amount of building slots most players will find that some buildings are completely useless and you prioritize a couple of them in all provinces you own. Like how often would you actually bother with a Qanat or many of those yellow buildings in minor towns? Or how about the blue sanitation chains in major cities?

For example in main DeI you could never compete against the local commerce chain in the resource building tree with the resource chain, because the former just gave you soooo much more income (especially since you could boost it even more through agents, the commercial stimulation edict and governor-generals). In the upcoming big DV patch I increased the amount of resources the non-commercial chain gives by a lot together with resources themselves being worth more. This means that if you have looots of trading partners and your kingdom isn't very large, you will benefit more from getting more resources per building than going the local commerce route. If you barely have any trading partners or none at all, picking the local commerce will be better.

So, the main idea is to also give all those Qanats, blue buildings and also some farms a "make over" so there is always a situation when you prefer to have a certain type over another. Like when you choose which type of temple you want in a certain place (then again some temples are also almost never built, because the others simply outperform them too much).

I hope this made sense