Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Thank you.

melee/projectile tables, land_units, main_units, entity/entities-table, unit_spacings, land_units_to_effects_junctions-something (forgot the name, not at home right now to check) and more. Removing these will also remove some old units that were deleted in the main mod, but that I decided to keep. It's a little complicated to get it right, but doable. You can handle it since you have knowledge of working in PFM, with a little patience!

Unfortunately I don't have time right now to make a version like this myself as I've been struggling with time constraints just to update this (I also have another super popular mod compilation for another game to maintain).
    thx for answering my "kill your darling" question. i know from personal experience that its quite hard to keep up to dated all the time. after the release ill check if De AI Arbitriis and Cultural Tensio are compatible with this great project!

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2 - Updated 24th june)

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    thx for answering my "kill your darling" question. i know from personal experience that its quite hard to keep up to dated all the time. after the release ill check if De AI Arbitriis and Cultural Tensio are compatible with this great project!
    That would be very much appreciated! Thank you as well, Joysong.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2 - Updated 25th December)

Patch is out!

Known issues/upcoming hotfix this week:

• General/admiral skill-trees: Will be realigned a bit in the UI and "Legendary Commander"-trees will have all subtrees properly showing
    • Starting turn: It starts with spring, then changes to winter
    • Misc text: Rewrite the tributaries-text
    • AFP: Faction traits and descriptions not always showing.

Other stuff:

• Scripts will be updated once DeI hotfix 1.2.2f is out.
    • Mini-submods for DV will hopefully be updated later this week.
    • This patch uses a slightly different combat pace than before, would like some feedback!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 24, 2017 at 10:01 PM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2 - Updated 25th December)

Data Venia freezes the game for me. Every time I start I can't get past the white loading screen. I have deleted all other mods, besides DeI of course.
    If it is of any importance, I am using the steam workshop version.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

It says I need to spread more reputation around before reping Ygraine again. So rude it's the holidays, why not?
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Quote Originally Posted by Potion of Luck View Post
    Data Venia freezes the game for me. Every time I start I can't get past the white loading screen. I have deleted all other mods, besides DeI of course.
    If it is of any importance, I am using the steam workshop version.
    Try with standalone

Quote Originally Posted by LEXI2016 View Post
    Try with standalone
    How do I make non workshop mod work?
    I have tried to download it, but neither DeI nor DV showed up ingame, although I had ticked them in the launcher.

How do I make non workshop mod work?
    I have tried to download it, but neither DeI nor DV showed up ingame, although I had ticked them in the launcher.

It shouldn't freeze/crash, means there's something in the folder that messes things up or you're on patch 17!

For stand-alone mods, you just download the .pack file and place it in the /data-folder inside Rome 2. It should then show up in the launcher mod-list.

WIP general/admiral skill-trees:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

It freezes on startup when you try to start it with newest DEI patch. (from 23th December)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    It freezes on startup when you try to start it with newest DEI patch. (from 23th December)
    Oh? Didn't notice that they updated to 1.2.2f! Sneaky... That explains why "Potion of Luck" couldn't get it to work. I'll take a look right away!

I think I got it to work through the standalone, but I can hardly regognize any diffrence in the campaign. For instance, I still have 26k as starting treasury playing as the seleucids and my temples still have upkeep.

I think I got it to work through the standalone, but I can hardly regognize any diffrence in the campaign. For instance, I still have 26k as starting treasury playing as the seleucids and my temples still have upkeep.
    Then it means the mod didn't activate! But like "Black_Rider" wrote, they released 1.2.2f without me noticing - so the game will now crash on launch. I'm working on making a quick update!
    Last edited by Ygraine; December 25, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

But some things did change! Most notably, my silver shield pikes have a diffrent unit card, unless this was changed in 1.2.2f. Is it possible that only parts are active?

But some things did change! Most notably, my silver shield pikes have a diffrent unit card, unless this was changed in 1.2.2f. Is it possible that only parts are active?
    New unit cards is part of 1.2.2f! Data Venia isn't working right now due to the hotfix messing things up.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

New unit cards is part of 1.2.2f! Data Venia isn't working right now due to the hotfix messing things up.
    Yeah..We have new unit cards form @sourav's latest update for DEI.
    I was going to give you a heads up, but it seems I'm getting old and forgetting things.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; December 25, 2017 at 08:47 AM.

Any idea how long it is going to take?

Any idea how long it is going to take?
    Usually each DEI-hotfix has all the changes in one small pack prior to being integrated into the main mod, this time there was no hotfix-pack for some reason. This means that I have to search all the tables (based on changelog, which does not specify tables modified) and that takes a lot of time! I PM:ed Dresden, so we'll see if he still has that pack or not. If yes, it'll be super quick to find the issues!

Oh no! I am sorry to read the former and happy to read the latter.

milohve01's Avatar Foederatus

very happy for the new update pity that does not take root we are stealing in the machine waiting to work ja ja ja ...

We've narrowed down the six tables that are causing the compatibility issues (that alone took about 2 hours) and I'm slowly fixing them one after the other. No ETA right now since I'm moving apartments in a few days, but I'm trying to get it working as soon as possible.

Also I strongly suggest that if you like to play DeI with DV, you download DeI updates manually from now on and not via the Steam workshop. That way if another hotfix is out and breaks everything like this one, you'll be able to continue playing until I update it.