Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.5 - Updated 2020-01-20)

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 1st January)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1234 View Post
    The link for download Normal Civil Wars and Political Events is not wrking
    You probably mean the old 1.1 version, I might have deleted it by mistake. 1.2 doesn't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by JCB206 View Post
    Does this work on all maps or just Grand Campaign? Thanks
    It works on all maps, except Empire Divided which I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMerisi View Post
    Haha nice going @Ygraine. 102 turns to accomplish what most DeI Vanilla players accomplish in 25! That's why I love DV!

However...and there is always a but...it's only 2k gold to get the Ardaiei to declare war vs Epirous when they already are at war. Considering their monthly GDP boost that's a bit cheap no? Same with the Daorsi.

Yes, yes I know you can't please some people" but it would seem that temporary friends are bought far too cheaply. Now maybe they didn't need an invitation to open a second front.

Otherwise, I modded the income to be slightly lower at the beginning and I nerfed the forts a bit so they are not a temptation (just reduce fire arrow range and lethality so they're not getting 5k kills, reduce barricade durability so the Venetii can smash through your cheap spears if that's what you choose, and increase incendiary threshold of arrow towers so player has to get closer and take longer to burn them down).

Now it feels really perfect.

And I see you lost 6 settlements which means you really struggled!
    I got what I had through blood, sweat and tears! I doubt there's much of that in 25 short turns

The amount of gold seems random.

As for "easy friends", they won't necessarily be friends for life.
    In my game Ardiaei and Dalmatae both backstabbed me (we had trade and deep green) and declared war. I had to pay around 3-5k each to vie for peace (couldn't afford more wars since I had just defeated Pyrrhus, my legions were wounded and a massive hostile Celtic confederation spanning from Helvetia to eastern Dacia had appeared on my northern borders). In this particular case it might have been the Odrysian AI who asked them to attack me, so it wasn't completely "random".

Looking at AI behaviour in general, I'm getting the impression that most AIs want to have at least one war going on at all times which might sometimes explain how a friendly neighbour declares war.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Looking at AI behaviour in general, I'm getting the impression that most AIs want to have at least one war going on at all times which might sometimes explain how a friendly neighbour declares war.
    Yeah I'm also pretty sure that's true.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2g - Updated 11th January)

Just to clarify - Does the 1.2 version include the latest civil war mechanic from CA and the political events, or not?

Few questions - i haven't played this submod yet. What are the those reform changes? How many turns? I tend to end my campaign under 200 turns since there is no challange or fun playing it anymore. I find normal reform dates pretty good and balanced.

Second one - This slower movement. I feel like current DeI army movement is good, slowing it further would make the game uninteresting, just a wait turn simulator. How hard is it the reduction?

Also, what about the weapon type fights? I liked the fact that spearmen can hold on against swords, even win, I don't like the CA way to make the game paper-rock-scissors type with certain types beating another ones without further consideration. Do you really feel the change?

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.2f - Updated 1st January)

Honestly, to me, this is to DEI what DEI is to vanilla. Thank God I found this mod! It is the most realistic, immersive overhaul out there, and it is very well done, no bugs or poorly done stuff.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandaro123 View Post
    Few questions - i haven't played this submod yet. What are the those reform changes? How many turns? I tend to end my campaign under 200 turns since there is no challange or fun playing it anymore. I find normal reform dates pretty good and balanced.

Second one - This slower movement. I feel like current DeI army movement is good, slowing it further would make the game uninteresting, just a wait turn simulator. How hard is it the reduction?

Also, what about the weapon type fights? I liked the fact that spearmen can hold on against swords, even win, I don't like the CA way to make the game paper-rock-scissors type with certain types beating another ones without further consideration. Do you really feel the change?
    Well, since it is 24TPY, they have made reforms be congruent with the dates, so that you get more time in each "era". This is great if you like some realism and you can get to experience the evolution of Ancient Warfare as hoplites die off and sword infantry rules the battlefield.

The slower movement is a lot more realistic, it allows you to play around with "meatshield" units that can hold off the enemy and make them waste a lot more time chasing and fighting.

Also, the weapon type fights make a lot more sense. The spears are much better agaisnt cavalry as they should, and swords do slaughter spears as they should. However, that is if they are same value units. Early triarii in a defensive position can literally fight agaisnt normal swords for years. It is not about rock paper scissors gameplay, its about realism. Spears are defensive and swords are offensive, but good spears or good hoplites can slaughter medium sword infantry if used correctly, just donīt use them like swords !

All in all, this is a Hardcore mod, as in Hardcore inside DEI Hardcore. If you find campaign too easy. Try Rome. There is only Normal Difficulty, but it can feel legendary, and surprisingly well done, since there is not AI Boost, but good decisions by AI.

Enjoy !

However if you are open to suggestions I would definetely make the AI income in small cities like Knossos closer to that of the player, so that they cannot field 2 20 stacks right away, and I would make factions less randomly aggresive, for example, playin as Rome it is good that factions attack you early when you start to fight, however playing as Rhodos it makes 0 sense to have 8 enemies right away.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DuxMagnus View Post
    Just to clarify - Does the 1.2 version include the latest civil war mechanic from CA and the political events, or not?
    Yes!

The reform dates are scaled based on the TPY you use (default DV uses 24, but there's a 12 TPY and 4 TPY pack that you can download too. 4 TPY pack has the default DeI reform dates).

I upped the movement a little for the next big update. The issue with having too much movement is that the AI (and the player to some extent) ends up town-hopping. When I made the first movement-changes, base DeI had way too much movement. I'm sure it was changed later on though.

Edit: I checked the tables and base DeI has the movement value of 10, DV has currently -15 (-10 in the next update, you will be able to notice the difference).

Anyone can win against anyone really - but yes, the base idea is rock-scissors-paper to some extent. Spearmen got bonus vs cav, cav get bonus vs all infantry, swords/axes/clubs get bonus vs infantry (axes and clubs having lower bonus but higher AP). Like Lionel Messi wrote, the quality of the unit is still the major factor along with other things like stamina, veterancy etc.

In regards of the ranged units, you have skirmishers who have very high damage and AP, but lower ammo and usually a little better in melee. Then you have archers who have decent range and decent AP with medium ammo - and last but not least slingers with very long ranges but no AP (except Baelric/Rhodian) but a big ammo pool.
    Skirmishers are very effective against heavy infantry first and foremost due to high AP (and against elephants due to bonus), slingers are really good against archers/skirmishers and anything unarmoured/with low armour and archers are somewhere in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    However if you are open to suggestions I would definetely make the AI income in small cities like Knossos closer to that of the player, so that they cannot field 2 20 stacks right away, and I would make factions less randomly aggresive, for example, playin as Rome it is good that factions attack you early when you start to fight, however playing as Rhodos it makes 0 sense to have 8 enemies right away.
    Thank you for your kind words!

Of course, there's always room for improvement (to the extent the engine allows it, sometimes one has to stick to an imperfect system due to CA's limitations). I will test Rhodos in GC and see how they fare and get back to you on that point.

The current income for the AI is there for several reasons, one to allow players to use the 41-army setup in campaigns if they like that (another being difficulty). When we used a lower income before, I noticed how the AI sometimes couldn't afford their troops any more and started taking attrition. Another way to "limit" the "spam" is to lower army cap, but that will bite the player in the butt because you won't be able to have as many governor-generals nor small forces who for example ferry troops from your heartland to the front lines.
    If you test playing with 41-army setups, a starting 1-town/city kingdom will only have one full force.

Yes!

The reform dates are scaled based on the TPY you use (default DV uses 24, but there's a 12 TPY and 4 TPY pack that you can download too. 4 TPY pack has the default DeI reform dates).

I upped the movement a little for the next big update. The issue with having too much movement is that the AI (and the player to some extent) ends up town-hopping. When I made the first movement-changes, base DeI had way too much movement. I'm sure it was changed later on though.

Edit: I checked the tables and base DeI has the movement value of 10, DV has currently -15 (-10 in the next update, you will be able to notice the difference).

Anyone can win against anyone really - but yes, the base idea is rock-scissors-paper to some extent. Spearmen got bonus vs cav, cav get bonus vs all infantry, swords/axes/clubs get bonus vs infantry (axes and clubs having lower bonus but higher AP). Like Lionel Messi wrote, the quality of the unit is still the major factor along with other things like stamina, veterancy etc.

In regards of the ranged units, you have skirmishers who have very high damage and AP, but lower ammo and usually a little better in melee. Then you have archers who have decent range and decent AP with medium ammo - and last but not least slingers with very long ranges but no AP (except Baelric/Rhodian) but a big ammo pool.
    Skirmishers are very effective against heavy infantry first and foremost due to high AP (and against elephants due to bonus), slingers are really good against archers/skirmishers and anything unarmoured/with low armour and archers are somewhere in-between.

Thank you for your kind words!

Of course, there's always room for improvement (to the extent the engine allows it, sometimes one has to stick to an imperfect system due to CA's limitations). I will test Rhodos in GC and see how they fare and get back to you on that point.

The current income for the AI is there for several reasons, one to allow players to use the 41-army setup in campaigns if they like that (another being difficulty). When we used a lower income before, I noticed how the AI sometimes couldn't afford their troops any more and started taking attrition. Another way to "limit" the "spam" is to lower army cap, but that will bite the player in the butt because you won't be able to have as many governor-generals nor small forces who for example ferry troops from your heartland to the front lines.
    If you test playing with 41-army setups, a starting 1-town/city kingdom will only have one full force.
    What I was worrying about was simply the fact that 1 settlement factions can field 60 units, maintain +50 happiness, no attrition, and also a good navy, while maybe I can field 30 troops at full taxation, taking very bad public order and a bad navy. It makes it hard to fight several factions at once if you canīt even beat one! Obviously it would be too easy if there was 100% the same sized armies, but its just crazy that Knossos can have 3 full stacks, unbeatable.

Perhaps Iīm doing something wrong in my approach to campaign map gameplay, Iīll kindly take any advice!

Thank you!

What I was worrying about was simply the fact that 1 settlement factions can field 60 units, maintain +50 happiness, no attrition, and also a good navy, while maybe I can field 30 troops at full taxation, taking very bad public order and a bad navy. It makes it hard to fight several factions at once if you canīt even beat one! Obviously it would be too easy if there was 100% the same sized armies, but its just crazy that Knossos can have 3 full stacks, unbeatable.

Perhaps Iīm doing something wrong in my approach to campaign map gameplay, Iīll kindly take any advice!

Thank you!

Started my Rhodian test-campaign now and looked at some possible options:

• Attacking Ephesos and taking it from Lydia/declaring war on Selukidai - you'll be liked by Ptolematoi and Pergamon for this. Selukidai are mostly busy with Ptolematoi so they shouldn't be a big threat to you.
    • Declaring war on Ptolematoi and take Side (your fleet can solo it, don't need normal land units). Lydia/Seleukidai will like you. Ptolematoi are mostly busy with Seleukidai so there shouldn't be a big threat in this scenario from them either.
    • Waiting for Pergamon to take Ephesos (fairly decent chance, in some games they attack Lydia early, in others they focus on Bithynia and go north/east) then declare war on Pergamon. Seleukidai/Lydia will like you without alienating Ptolematoi in the process. And you can follow up by besieging Pergamon itself!
    • Bribe Athens and/or Sparta to declare war on the Cretans. In my game I only needed 500~ to make Athens accept my proposition. Cretans like to attack into Sparta so it's possible they will tie up the bulk of their troops there and you can attack their island when it has less troops.
    • Declare war on for example Sparta before anyone declares war on you, pay Cretans to join you (they will often happily oblige since they want the full province of Hellas).

The key here is a decent fleet. No one can invade your island if you beat them at sea. Ships are very expensive to build, twice the cost in comparison to base DeI - but they only cost half the upkeep in DV. This is better for you in the long run if you're in a tight spot financially. Since proper fleets completely wreck transport fleets, you don't even need extra garrison in Rhodos. As long as you keep an eye on transport fleets and sink them, you should be fine.
    Don't forget that you can make a fort if the odds are heavily against you and you have movement to spare, or that you can raid for extra income (raiding was buffed in DV and gives more income than in DeI).
    If Crete declared war and you don't want to fight them for some reason, you can release prisoners every time you sink their fleets. DV has a large positive relations bonus for releasing prisoners and it will help you a long way towards reaching a peace treaty with the enemy.

Honestly, to me, this is to DEI what DEI is to vanilla. Thank God I found this mod! It is the most realistic, immersive overhaul out there, and it is very well done, no bugs or poorly done stuff.

Thank You!
    The experience is totally different, right? It's like the AI is actually thinking in DV, vs being predictable in DeI.

I am curious about KAM's latest battle changes for DeI that will be coming out soon and whether there is something that DV players will miss out on. I look forward to the upcoming update and hearing whether Ygraine likes the changes, especially the animation de-sync they are working on.

Started my Rhodian test-campaign now and looked at some possible options:

• Attacking Ephesos and taking it from Lydia/declaring war on Selukidai - you'll be liked by Ptolematoi and Pergamon for this. Selukidai are mostly busy with Ptolematoi so they shouldn't be a big threat to you.
    • Declaring war on Ptolematoi and take Side (your fleet can solo it, don't need normal land units). Lydia/Seleukidai will like you. Ptolematoi are mostly busy with Seleukidai so there shouldn't be a big threat in this scenario from them either.
    • Waiting for Pergamon to take Ephesos (fairly decent chance, in some games they attack Lydia early, in others they focus on Bithynia and go north/east) then declare war on Pergamon. Seleukidai/Lydia will like you without alienating Ptolematoi in the process. And you can follow up by besieging Pergamon itself!
    • Bribe Athens and/or Sparta to declare war on the Cretans. In my game I only needed 500~ to make Athens accept my proposition. Cretans like to attack into Sparta so it's possible they will tie up the bulk of their troops there and you can attack their island when it has less troops.
    • Declare war on for example Sparta before anyone declares war on you, pay Cretans to join you (they will often happily oblige since they want the full province of Hellas).

The key here is a decent fleet. No one can invade your island if you beat them at sea. Ships are very expensive to build, twice the cost in comparison to base DeI - but they only cost half the upkeep in DV. This is better for you in the long run if you're in a tight spot financially. Since proper fleets completely wreck transport fleets, you don't even need extra garrison in Rhodos. As long as you keep an eye on transport fleets and sink them, you should be fine.
    Don't forget that you can make a fort if the odds are heavily against you and you have movement to spare, or that you can raid for extra income (raiding was buffed in DV and gives more income than in DeI).
    If Crete declared war and you don't want to fight them for some reason, you can release prisoners every time you sink their fleets. DV has a large positive relations bonus for releasing prisoners and it will help you a long way towards reaching a peace treaty with the enemy.
    Thank you for taking so much time into this, but I think I didnīt express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that, even though it is done in the sake of difficulty and it might be too easy otherwise, seeing a 1 settlement faction field armies that I couldnīt possibly sustain with 2 whole provinces is something that I wish could be changed. It happens in vanilla too, and I know they are not going to make human-like AI for me tomorrow morning. I just feel that even though it wouldnīt be a huge challenge like it is now, if AI treated the player more like other factions and they had more economic restrains the mod would be literally perfect, realistic Rome II, like the Hellenika Mod but for grand campaign, and far more polished.

Not my intention to complain so much, this is a great mod. I was just letting you know, since this is a nice small community, so we can share thoughts like this.

Thank you so much for your time!

The experience is totally different, right? It's like the AI is actually thinking in DV, vs being predictable in DeI.

I am curious about KAM's latest battle changes for DeI that will be coming out soon and whether there is something that DV players will miss out on. I look forward to the upcoming update and hearing whether Ygraine likes the changes, especially the animation de-sync they are working on.
    There are no major battle changes coming that I'm aware of. There are animation changes being worked on, like you mentioned and these will work in DV automatically since we don't use our own animation table (except for kv_rules to some extent).

Thank you for taking so much time into this, but I think I didnīt express myself correctly. What I meant to say is that, even though it is done in the sake of difficulty and it might be too easy otherwise, seeing a 1 settlement faction field armies that I couldnīt possibly sustain with 2 whole provinces is something that I wish could be changed. It happens in vanilla too, and I know they are not going to make human-like AI for me tomorrow morning. I just feel that even though it wouldnīt be a huge challenge like it is now, if AI treated the player more like other factions and they had more economic restrains the mod would be literally perfect, realistic Rome II, like the Hellenika Mod but for grand campaign, and far more polished.

Not my intention to complain so much, this is a great mod. I was just letting you know, since this is a nice small community, so we can share thoughts like this.

Thank you so much for your time!
    I think I understood you. I can attempt to lower their upkeep reductions a little and see how many armies they field - or lowering army cap to 2 for imperium 1. The former is probably a better idea since I really dislike artificial limits like a stupidly low army/navy-cap. Going to have to play more campaigns to test the changes long-term though.

As for other AI bonuses, it works the same way in DeI more or less due to the total incompetence of the AI to manage their empire (when comparing DVs AI bonuses to normal DeI, you'd have to compare to "Very Hard"). Just look at what buildings a kingdom with several regions builds - it's usually a lot of barracks everywhere instead of economic ones.

In all honesty I wish we had a really good AI that had the exactly same rule-sets we players use - but the current AI would collapse by itself and lose to rebels/low supplies/starvation if not for the bonuses

Well, since it is 24TPY, they have made reforms be congruent with the dates, so that you get more time in each "era". This is great if you like some realism and you can get to experience the evolution of Ancient Warfare as hoplites die off and sword infantry rules the battlefield.

The slower movement is a lot more realistic, it allows you to play around with "meatshield" units that can hold off the enemy and make them waste a lot more time chasing and fighting.

Also, the weapon type fights make a lot more sense. The spears are much better agaisnt cavalry as they should, and swords do slaughter spears as they should. However, that is if they are same value units. Early triarii in a defensive position can literally fight agaisnt normal swords for years. It is not about rock paper scissors gameplay, its about realism. Spears are defensive and swords are offensive, but good spears or good hoplites can slaughter medium sword infantry if used correctly, just donīt use them like swords !

All in all, this is a Hardcore mod, as in Hardcore inside DEI Hardcore. If you find campaign too easy. Try Rome. There is only Normal Difficulty, but it can feel legendary, and surprisingly well done, since there is not AI Boost, but good decisions by AI.

Enjoy !
    I meant the campaign movement and that's propably the reason i need to skip this submod, waiting for AI to make turns is already long enough i don't need extend it. 3 turns to travel from town to town are way too much. This way it's better to disband old army at the corner of the empire and build newer one at the place the war starts - it's quicker.

Well, unless your computer is very slow, the slower movement is because 1 old turn is 4 turns now, so really its about the same you just have to wait for the turns to be played.

There are no major battle changes coming that I'm aware of. There are animation changes being worked on, like you mentioned and these will work in DV automatically since we don't use our own animation table (except for kv_rules to some extent).

I think I understood you. I can attempt to lower their upkeep reductions a little and see how many armies they field - or lowering army cap to 2 for imperium 1. The former is probably a better idea since I really dislike artificial limits like a stupidly low army/navy-cap. Going to have to play more campaigns to test the changes long-term though.

As for other AI bonuses, it works the same way in DeI more or less due to the total incompetence of the AI to manage their empire (when comparing DVs AI bonuses to normal DeI, you'd have to compare to "Very Hard"). Just look at what buildings a kingdom with several regions builds - it's usually a lot of barracks everywhere instead of economic ones.

In all honesty I wish we had a really good AI that had the exactly same rule-sets we players use - but the current AI would collapse by itself and lose to rebels/low supplies/starvation if not for the bonuses
    If one day I am very rich, which I will be Iīm gonna pay whoever whatever it takes to get a proper Total War AI, and any other feature that is not worth including to CA. And gift the modders too, honestly this games would be 1/10th as good/successful if it werenīt for the community!

Just as an example, the normal DeI mod without Data Venia is a bit more arcade-y sometimes but the AI recruitment is boosted but not crazy
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

I meant the campaign movement and that's propably the reason i need to skip this submod, waiting for AI to make turns is already long enough i don't need extend it. 3 turns to travel from town to town are way too much. This way it's better to disband old army at the corner of the empire and build newer one at the place the war starts - it's quicker.
    To be honest, the 4tpy and 12tpy packs should probably have different movement. Right now all packs use the same movement (which is designed for 24tpy). It's an easy fix and something I can do when I release the next update if people prefer so.

As for "3 turns is too much between towns", it depends on the distance, what kind of terrain you traverse (some terrain slows your movement) and other effects like weather, supply status, some regions having an inherent -5%/-10% movement debuff due to "rough terrain" etc. Once you stack a little bonus movement via general/agent skills and technology you'll be golden.

Just as an example, the normal DeI mod without Data Venia is a bit more arcade-y sometimes but the AI recruitment is boosted but not crazy
    Yes, even on very hard in DeI the AI only gets +1 bonus recruitment slot iirc.
    Last edited by Ygraine; January 26, 2018 at 08:18 AM.

Hi people of this page. Im about to finish my DeI Rome campaign. Its have been really rewarding and fun. Awesome Mod is DeI so i donīt know how DV could improve the experience im having with DeI right know. I guess that is something ill have to figure out.

Anyway i bought a new card (gtx 1080) and i will start a new campaing with EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. All graphics mods, all mods that make the DeI game harder. So how is playing DeI with DV, AI Arbitris and Culture Tenssio? Im planning of combining all of them and hardcore DeI submod too all with a normal/normal set up. How about that? Pls any advice will be cool.

Edit: And whats the difference between 1.2 DeI combat and Data Venia combat? And why Did DeI team changed it?
    Last edited by Lord Damian; January 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

To be honest, the 4tpy and 12tpy packs should probably have different movement. Right now all packs use the same movement (which is designed for 24tpy). It's an easy fix and something I can do when I release the next update if people prefer so.

As for "3 turns is too much between towns", it depends on the distance, what kind of terrain you traverse (some terrain slows your movement) and other effects like weather, supply status, some regions having an inherent -5%/-10% movement debuff due to "rough terrain" etc. Once you stack a little bonus movement via general/agent skills and technology you'll be golden.

Yes, even on very hard in DeI the AI only gets +1 bonus recruitment slot iirc.
    Yes, please! I'm definitely a 4TPY player (12&24TPY are too much for my taste), so I would be glad if you could adapt movement for this version as well. Looking forward to new updates, too!

Can't play anything nowadays, but I'm planning to come back soon!

Could you explain, please, why the file of Data Venia is deleted from "data folder" when I turn on the mod manager? What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damian View Post
    Hi people of this page. Im about to finish my DeI Rome campaign. Its have been really rewarding and fun. Awesome Mod is DeI so i donīt know how DV could improve the experience im having with DeI right know. I guess that is something ill have to figure out.

Anyway i bought a new card (gtx 1080) and i will start a new campaing with EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. All graphics mods, all mods that make the DeI game harder. So how is playing DeI with DV, AI Arbitris and Culture Tenssio? Im planning of combining all of them and hardcore DeI submod too all with a normal/normal set up. How about that? Pls any advice will be cool.

Edit: And whats the difference between 1.2 DeI combat and Data Venia combat? And why Did DeI team changed it?
    Hey bud - if you look back a couple of pages you will see some experiences shared about DeI/DV.

I play with DAIA, CT and DV. DV will probably over-write DeI Hardcore so I wouldn't add that as DV is already more hardcore than DeIHC.

Here are the mods I use:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT: Iīm not sure what Ygraine changed in the combat compared to 1.2 (other than phalanx toggle and cav speed) so best ask.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Spoilers added.

Default Re: [Overhaul Submod] "Data Venia" (for DeI 1.2.4 - Updated 24/3)

It would be awesome if you could change the AI army recruitment bonuses to what it is in DeI if it isnt a lot of work and put it in a patch. Just for the future, if you can.

Hey bud - if you look back a couple of pages you will see some experiences shared about DeI/DV.

I play with DAIA, CT and DV. DV will probably over-write DeI Hardcore so I wouldn't add that as DV is already more hardcore than DeIHC.

Here are the mods I use:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT: Iīm not sure what Ygraine changed in the combat compared to 1.2 (other than phalanx toggle and cav speed) so best ask.
    If you add GEMFX and Aztec Visual to that list, Rome looks better than any other game out there. Just make sure you learn how to use GEMFX properly, or download the Ad Finitum et Morten preset (look it up) and load it. It is breathtaking.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 30, 2019 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

If you add GEMFX and Aztec Visual to that list, Rome looks better than any other game out there. Just make sure you learn how to use GEMFX properly, or download the Ad Finitum et Morten preset (look it up) and load it. It is breathtaking.
    Thanks mate. I already use GEM 1.09 standalone and I switch Aztec in and out depending on the look I want.

Ad Finitum et Mortem is cool - I use a custom preset I like.