Thread: CTD when field battles

Default CTD when field battles

Hi folks, does anyone get some CTD's when fighting battles. Against Pirates? Or in forts?
    Would like to know if this a problem from my side computer, of game.
    Thanks

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: CTD when field battles

Yes, i'm getting it all the time. Haven't had this problem before 4.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Hi folks, does anyone get some CTD's when fighting battles. Against Pirates? Or in forts?
    Would like to know if this a problem from my side computer, of game.
    Thanks

My first campaign, I did not have any problems. The second time, I keep getting CTD fighting battles against Moldavia.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Yeah. Getting it a lot too if battles go on for about half an hour.

Its because when using the VAD mod the field battles dont work if you just use the regular ID 5.0 the battles will work!

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Its because when using the VAD mod the field battles dont work if you just use the regular ID 5.0 the battles will work!
    I think not,because I use both ID5.0 and VDM2.1,the battle is OK never CTD.

I been getting alot crashes especially during fort battles

Could this be a problem of not enough ram memory and does anyone have solutions? I got only 4 GB of Ram.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    Could this be a problem of not enough ram memory and does anyone have solutions? I got only 4 GB of Ram.
    Try to close unseeded process before starting a new game, lower unnecessary graphics (especially effects). VDM is sometimes a bit heavy for the old systems too.

I have a new system and it keeps crashing land battles while using VDM!! Does anyone know how to improve this?

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Yeah I've got the same problem.I've played with and without VDM and it's still the same - a lot of crashes during campaign field battles It's driving me so..so mad that there are no words to describe it If this was in 1 of 5 battles I would be just fine but sometimes it's more than half battles I play during one session with the game...I also have another issue - sometimes the sound is just gone suddenly during a battle.In vanilla or darthmod I don't have any of this issues and I've played many battles.There are no crashes , no missing sound etc.It's just sad because I really want to play this mod , not the others but It's really hard to force yourself to repeat the same battles over and over again.In 4.8 or 4.9 I had some crashes but that was much less than in 5.0.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Skillreaver View Post
    Yeah I've got the same problem.I've played with and without VDM and it's still the same - a lot of crashes during campaign field battles It's driving me so..so mad that there are no words to describe it If this was in 1 of 5 battles I would be just fine but sometimes it's more than half battles I play during one session with the game...I also have another issue - sometimes the sound is just gone suddenly during a battle.In vanilla or darthmod I don't have any of this issues and I've played many battles.There are no crashes , no missing sound etc.It's just sad because I really want to play this mod , not the others but It's really hard to force yourself to repeat the same battles over and over again.In 4.8 or 4.9 I had some crashes but that was much less than in 5.0.

Well turning off v-sync helped a little bit I quess so maybe it's the case of graphic settings but on my rig that shouldn't be a problem.Well Empire is quite an old game now so anything is possible.