Thread: Sweden, & Faction diversity?

Default Sweden, & Faction diversity?

I was wondering if the Swedes as a faction will be added to the campaign map in future updates? It would be interesting to play as them and fun to have all the Scandinavian kingdoms available.
    Another thing I was wondering is how each Scandinavian faction has basically the same roster with a few minor differences, and it gets quite difficult to tell them apart in battle. Will they have more distinction and uniqueness in the future?

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Sweden, & Faction diversity?

I think the Swedes should have slightly higher proportion of cavalry to the other Scandinavian factions such as the Norse and Danes.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

1. I don't think the creator of this mod, Danova, is going to work on this mod any further. For more variations and factions i'll suggest looking at the Wrath of the Norsemen-mod.

2. As for this mod and future unofficial submods - Yes, i am working on a submod which will add faction roster diversity to the Norse, the Franks, the Danes and the Saxons. I'll even be adding in the Magyar roster used in the coming WotN-update.

3. Also, Sweden as a faction didn't exist until the middle ages. In the dark ages Sweden wasn't a united Kingdom, but rather composed of several minor jarldoms.

Edit: Kingdom of Denmark will have Scanians in the submod, and Jarldom of Vestfold (the Norse Kingdom on the border with Gautland and Svitjod/Swedes) will have access to the Swedish Viking units from WotN.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 30, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Sadly as the developer has stopped working on this beautiful mod.

But as the other post said that it didnīt exist anything called Kingdom of Sweden during that age. IF and only IF a "Swedish" faction would be added it would be split i in too, the Geats (Attila anyone?) and Svear.
    It was the Svea and Geats who practically joined forces and then the Kingdom of Sweden was born. A fun fact is that the Svearna (Swedes) Raided and traded east and found a place some people might know in history
    called Kievan Rus, founded by Rurik. So back in the day Russia was formed by Swedish vikings.

A short and little wobble history lesson, wasnīt my meaning to drag on the subject, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    Sadly as the developer has stopped working on this beautiful mod.

But as the other post said that it didnīt exist anything called Kingdom of Sweden during that age. IF and only IF a "Swedish" faction would be added it would be split i in too, the Geats (Attila anyone?) and Svear.
    It was the Svea and Geats who practically joined forces and then the Kingdom of Sweden was born. A fun fact is that the Svearna (Swedes) Raided and traded east and found a place some people might know in history
    called Kievan Rus, founded by Rurik. So back in the day Russia was formed by Swedish vikings.

A short and little wobble history lesson, wasnīt my meaning to drag on the subject, haha.
    The Geats were added last decembre to my submod of this mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I have to check that out then. I have the mod plus the submod but havenīt had the proper time to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    I have to check that out then. I have the mod plus the submod but havenīt had the proper time to play them.
    Alright, the submod is standalone so don't try to merge them.

- The Havamal