Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Personally, while I did like the first one, I'm just tired of the crap. I've done crunches in my industry for a few weeks because of surprise project objectives. It happens every other year. It's a culture in video game development. And it's abusive. It's a sign of piss poor design.

I'm voting with my wallet.
    I admire your stance. Here's some other reasonable perspectives:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...a-better-place

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Apparently CD Projekt Red are kinda towards their employees as well.
    Warhorse Studios (Kingdom Come Deliverance) seem like a cool studio, but that's based entirely off their vid-docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    I admire your stance. Here's some other reasonable perspectives:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...a-better-place
    I retort(from the second or third article instead of the first):
    https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/1051946946028560389

All I have in this fight is my wallet. I am not a journalist in the video game industry. I, however, do not have to give Rockstar 60$ for running a :wub:.

design meets management. Look dude. This is a culture. A lot of companies do this. Some are starting to away from it. When I have to crunch in my industry I usually have to spend the first two hours of a day making sure the last four hours of the previous day were done right after the first week. That's what overwork does to your brain. You have to start spending part of your logged hours making sure your previously done work was done right instead of actually doing new work. Making sure you connected the right dots. But these companies don't give two flying s. That's bad management. Brought on by pisspoor design such that they need the hours in the first place.

Rule number one. Logging good hours is better than logging more hours.
    Last edited by Gaidin; October 26, 2018 at 12:00 AM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

So nobody has posted about the actual game in the almost month it's been out?

Damn this forum really is dying.

Absolute masterpiece, I'm close to beating it a second time. Might be the most beautiful story ever told in video games, and the high honor playthrough at least really lives up to the name as a heartbreaking tale of redemption.

People were skeptical of playing as someone new after the beloved John Marson, but Arthur Morgan is perhaps the best character in video game history.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I retort(from the second or third article instead of the first): https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/1051946946028560389 All I have in this fight is my wallet. I am not a journalist in the video game industry. I, however, do not have to give Rockstar 60$ for running a :wub:. design meets management. Look dude. This is a culture. A lot of companies do this. Some are starting to away from it. When I have to crunch in my industry I usually have to spend the first two hours of a day making sure the last four hours of the previous day were done right after the first week. That's what overwork does to your brain. You have to start spending part of your logged hours making sure your previously done work was done right instead of actually doing new work. Making sure you connected the right dots. But these companies don't give two flying s. That's bad management. Brought on by pisspoor design such that they need the hours in the first place. Rule number one. Logging good hours is better than logging more hours.
    good post. Also, I think it's very noticeable how MBA's are ruling (and ruining) the gaming industry. The budgets for games have grown exponentially, but along the way the passion is gone , and you often notice. When the industry was smaller, games felt hand crafted with love and passion,the dominating games these days feel like mass merchandise produced by human robots. No wonder if you abuse and wear down employees. By the looks of it, Larian seems like a nice studio. But the really big ones? Forget it.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; November 22, 2018 at 01:54 AM.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

Absolute masterpiece, I'm close to beating it a second time. Might be the most beautiful story ever told in video games, and the high honor playthrough at least really lives up to the name as a heartbreaking tale of redemption.

People were skeptical of playing as someone new after the beloved John Marson, but Arthur Morgan is perhaps the best character in video game history.

I loved it. Best game of the year for me

I need to play it again cause I basically powered through it and ignored the side activities cause I didn't want to be spoiled.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I have never been a fan of Wild West games but now I'm addicted. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the best horse riding and shooting simulator ever!

But the duel mode should be more difficult. It's too easy to kill your opponent. Does anyone know Gunblood? That is hard!

Campidoctor

SUPERB Atmosphere, great Characters, cool Gameplay, AMAZING Sound+Music. They really managed to revive the old West for a short period of time.

Spoiler for RDR2 endings
    The multiple endings, even tought they only differentiate in detail, all have their own special feeling to it.

Edit: The only thing that makes this game sour is the fact that Rockstar did need to use crunch in order to complete the game.
    Last edited by Derc; December 14, 2018 at 08:50 AM.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

This is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

I'm only playing it if this game comes on PC. I don't have a PS4 or whatever console they want us to play the game on.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I've been debating starting over and playing the "right" way but it's just such a deep game that it is kind of intimidating.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Dewit.

It improves the epilogue experience.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Man, game devs really need to unionize.

I did not expect that RDR2 Online would be so much junk.

Winner

Yep , The game was really amazing but online part is complete trash.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

It's coming to PC in November. https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...C-November-5th

I'll wait for some good mods to come out for SP before I double dip.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I'm looking forward to it.

I'm only through chapter 1, but damn this already has written "masterpiece" all over it. A real improvement over V's lackluster SinglePlayer.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Yeah, i will step by to RD2. But with delay ... 2nd half of next year, maybe.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12