Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports, Comments and Suggestions

Default Re: Bug Reports, Comments and Suggestions

Im sorry but its literally impossible to give an expected date, as you test out the mod you find new things that need to be tweaked, removed or fixed and thats pretty much what I spend my weekends doing.

When I can play a campaign as every faction and not experience bugs or issues it will be released. The Franks and Mercia are looking pretty good at the moment but now I need to go through the rest of the factions.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Take your time Athos, As it stand your mod is the only mod close to coming out in A beta form on this time period with the amount of attention. You are not asking for money and you dont have a team of modders. Keep up the great work man.. just post some battle pics of the byzantine line swordsmen for me lol i need my fix!!!!
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

The Byzantines have been completed in their 7th to 8th century form and they will be playable in custom battle in the first release for the Dark Ages series which is called Caroli Magni.

As for screenshots they are just such a pain to take, organize, upload and then attach to this site. If someone wants to volunteer to take all the necessary screenshots and upload them to this thread I will happily send you the current version of the mod.

As for previews I'm actually thinking about instead making videos for each faction with cool music and visuals of the units, battles and campaign mechanics. Feel like it would be alot more fun for me to work on than taking screenshots.

I've actually taken more than 3,000 screenshots for my mods so I've had enough of that process lol
    Last edited by Athos187; February 19, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    The Byzantines have been completed in their 7th to 8th century form and they will be playable in custom battle in the first release for the Dark Ages series which is called Caroli Magni.

As for screenshots they are just such a pain to take, organize, upload and then attach to this site. If someone wants to volunteer to take all the necessary screenshots and upload them to this thread I will happily send you the current version of the mod.

As for previews I'm actually thinking about instead making videos for each faction with cool music and visuals of the units, battles and campaign mechanics. Feel like it would be alot more fun for me to work on than taking screenshots.

I've actually taken more than 3,000 screenshots for my mods so I've had enough of that process lol

lol fair enough. I am extremely excited to see 7th/8th century Romans I will at least take a look when you AOC map is finished sad that everyone focuses on AOC insted of the GC but I understand completely. I have waited years for a GC with the Byzantines I can wait how ever long it takes for your awesome mods. I am in no hurry Keep up the Great work Athos!!
    Last edited by legio_XX; February 19, 2019 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Just read the announcement deleted most my text lol
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

I have a small question for ya; the military legacy names...will the factions use AOC military names or custom ones? Like for the ERE faction they use legion names.

I've changed pretty much everything I can so that includes the army and navy names

I've changed pretty much everything I can so that includes the army and navy names
    O.o you were able to change remove the legion names!? How were you able to change em? Ive been trying to give the ERE faction some new military legacy names but all I keep getting are the legion names. Even if I were to uncheck give legion names, on the campaign map I still get the same “Legio # Garrison Army”.

You can change the named legions in the startpos_characters db and the garrison army names in the random_localisation_strings db

You can change the named legions in the startpos_characters db and the garrison army names in the random_localisation_strings db
    Thank you kindly! Ive been at this for a couple weeks now trying to find this. And I had a feeling what I was looking for was in the random_localisation_strings db! But as far as the already named legions in the start_pos characters db, how do you remove the Roman numerals? That’s the only table that I can’t seem to find.
    Last edited by Alex647; February 22, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

What happened to all the mods? They seem to have disappeared from the forum.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Eldgrimr View Post
    What happened to all the mods? They seem to have disappeared from the forum.
    Anything specific in your mind ?

The thread was really cluttered with older, outdated Beta stuff so I removed it all and when the brand new, final versions are ready I'll have everything consolidated in the Dark Ages: Master Thread.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As a matter of curiosity, bearing in mind what happened to the cat, what "Rise of the North" mod version am I playing?
    It's 9th C but there is no release mentioned. Just wondering where I came to have it?

Hello athos,do you have some delicious news for your fans?

Created an awesome simulation of the Dark Ages that totally changed every facet of the campaign and then started getting random crashes when I fought campaign settlement battles. Seeing as how this happens with all of my mods I'm going to start looking at my process in depth to see where I'm going wrong here.

Fortunately, this sort of thing makes me even more determined to mod the vanilla game into an acceptable state
    Last edited by Athos187; March 14, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

good!

we are rooting for you!

Thanks for the support guys, I'm working on a releasable version of Age of Rollo so you guys can finally enjoy some gc action. Its going to be a bit bare bones at first but as it is tested I will add more depth.

Hello Athos. I saw in another thread that wasn't yours, that you are currently working on td issues? (i am not sure what that is)

I really enjoy your 1066 mod with the current factions involved. Will the Holy Roman Empire be included in the mod itself?

I probably meant to write ctd issues, most people who have played my recent mods have experienced random campaign battle ctds. I'm still not sure what exactly causes them but I am working on a new beta for 1066 that doesnt have that issue. The issue always arises after I have spent months modding every little detail of the game so instead I am just working on simplifying my process and coming up with something much more simple for testing purposes and that I can then expand upon in later versions.

The new 1066 beta I am working on atm will have more factions in game but much more simple rosters (single cavalry, infantry and missile units will be made up from heavy, medium and light units ((this actually looks more realistic in some ways)), very basic family trees and it wont have a big complicated meta game like I usually come up with.

HRE will be playable in that.

I might as well expand on the new roster system since I plan on implementing it in most of my mods. So instead of having big block units with only heavy, medium or light troops I've come up with a ratio where each unit has 1 officer/1 sergeant/3 recruits/peasants. In addition to this the unit sizes will be increased to about 400 - 500 men, recruitment and upkeep prices will be increased and their ability to fight a sustained engagement will be increased. And since every faction essentially has the same unit it gives the battles a parity that the vanilla game lacks (the AI in vanilla always falls behind fast since they just recruit levy units).

A typical battle will have a very powerful and important bodyguard unit and only 3 - 5 melee units, which comprise the historical wings and center of the force.

While this might not sound as engaging as having 20 smaller units constantly maneuvering around it actually makes for much more interesting battles as you have to use every little tactical advantage you can in order to win. There are pretty much no more easy battles.

With the testing I've done it all just looks more real, kind of like watching a reenactment of the period since everyone is in a formation and pushing forward in a coordinated manner instead of just running around chasing archers or cavalry. I am finishing up the Normans right now and then once I get the English done I will post a video where you can watch this new system in action.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast