Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports, Comments and Suggestions

Default Re: Bug Reports, Comments and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    I probably meant to write ctd issues, most people who have played my recent mods have experienced random campaign battle ctds. I'm still not sure what exactly causes them but I am working on a new beta for 1066 that doesnt have that issue. The issue always arises after I have spent months modding every little detail of the game so instead I am just working on simplifying my process and coming up with something much more simple for testing purposes and that I can then expand upon in later versions.

The new 1066 beta I am working on atm will have more factions in game but much more simple rosters (single cavalry, infantry and missile units will be made up from heavy, medium and light units ((this actually looks more realistic in some ways)), very basic family trees and it wont have a big complicated meta game like I usually come up with.

HRE will be playable in that.

I might as well expand on the new roster system since I plan on implementing it in most of my mods. So instead of having big block units with only heavy, medium or light troops I've come up with a ratio where each unit has 1 officer/1 sergeant/3 recruits/peasants. In addition to this the unit sizes will be increased to about 400 - 500 men, recruitment and upkeep prices will be increased and their ability to fight a sustained engagement will be increased. And since every faction essentially has the same unit it gives the battles a parity that the vanilla game lacks (the AI in vanilla always falls behind fast since they just recruit levy units).

A typical battle will have a very powerful and important bodyguard unit and only 3 - 5 melee units, which comprise the historical wings and center of the force.

While this might not sound as engaging as having 20 smaller units constantly maneuvering around it actually makes for much more interesting battles as you have to use every little tactical advantage you can in order to win. There are pretty much no more easy battles.

With the testing I've done it all just looks more real, kind of like watching a reenactment of the period since everyone is in a formation and pushing forward in a coordinated manner instead of just running around chasing archers or cavalry. I am finishing up the Normans right now and then once I get the English done I will post a video where you can watch this new system in action.

That sounds really great. I am looking forward to it

Will the investiture controversy make an entrance, or is that not on the table?

That would be a scripting issue, for me right now as a modder that is like the final frontier. I do feel like I will eventually be able to do that sort of thing but right now I am more focused on just getting a proper working build.

news? i don't see any changes in your dark ages master thread

I'm pretty much just doing a ton of back end work right now, as part of my plan to make all my mods ctd proof I need to redo all my startpos files and come up with plans for db editing.

So things are getting done, its just not something I can really show off at the moment.

Like I've mentioned before though if someone wants to help out with taking screenshots and posting them let me know and I will send you early implementations that you can use to do that.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Alexander/Pictures/Screenshots/Building%20Issue%201.jpg[/IMG]

Hey, Athos, I got a small question for you; Ive tried to change the sub culture of the franks in the Grand Campaign to the bel_roman_subculture and Ive pretty much have it all down packed except this issue here. In the screenshot, for whatever reason, Im unable to continue to build the next upgrade for each building in the building tab, it forces me to build the ruins 1st, than build from there. Is there a solution to this issue?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

How's that backend stuff going Athos?

Pretty good so far, I'm just testing my new gameplay ideas and trying to see what exactly causes ctds. I am also now working with the Invasio Barbarum 3 team to help them finish their mod.

Pretty much most of the big late roman era modders have all decided to join forces and work on that project but I am still working on my stuff as like an extension of the work we are doing together for IB 3.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Pretty good so far, I'm just testing my new gameplay ideas and trying to see what exactly causes ctds. I am also now working with the Invasio Barbarum 3 team to help them finish their mod.

Pretty much most of the big late roman era modders have all decided to join forces and work on that project but I am still working on my stuff as like an extension of the work we are doing together for IB 3.
    Athos, Not only are you working on your own mods you are helping other people and making some sort of Late roman Avengers team? This is awesome!!! Keep up the good work man thanks for the updates!
    Last edited by legio_XX; May 07, 2019 at 09:37 PM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Sounds great dude! If you ever need testers for your stuff, holler!

Ya I'm working on something you can test, when its ready I will post it

Any news on progress? Am patiently waiting to play the Byzantine Empire.

At the moment I am working with the Invasio Barbarum 3 team, we've gathered some of the biggest modders for Attila TW and are going to be producing some amazing historical projects together.

You can expect tons of custom made models and textures based on cutting edge historical research, even in our WIP state our mod is probably already the best historical mod

At the moment I am working with the Invasio Barbarum 3 team, we've gathered some of the biggest modders for Attila TW and are going to be producing some amazing historical projects together.

You can expect tons of custom made models and textures based on cutting edge historical research, even in our WIP state our mod is probably already the best historical mod
    Ooo nice! Can’t wait for IB3, played the 1st one back in RTW:BI days...good memories there.

Btw, for the Byzantines, which commander unit you using for them? I’m not familiar with which bodyguards they used during that time.

I think I had a couple commander units for them, the excubitores as an infantry unit and and a cavalry guard.

Its been a while since I've worked on that project but dont worry it will come and in much better fashion than if I just rushed ahead with it now.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

So will you merge the Dark Ages with Invasio Barbarum? Or will they stay separate mods?

Merged and yet separate at the same time, we havent decided exactly what future projects will be worked on so I will maintain Dark Ages as a possible venue for me to pursue future projects that I'm interested in and that the IB team isnt interested in.

Hello sir. Can i ask you when will be update to rise of the north so every facions will be playble ?

Not anytime soon I'm afraid

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Not anytime soon I'm afraid

Thats unfortunate but im personally excited that you are joining a large team to contribute your talent man, Do you think you could shed some light on the projects you are up to? Maybe a little pics of skin or two from the new project to tease your fans? Hope things are going well, want you to know that because of you I pan to start learning how to mod at work for my down time as well lol Always wanted to but never had the time.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast