Thread: Halloween 2016

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Default Halloween 2016

It's that time of year again. Halloween is two weeks away. The costume stores are open for business. The grocery stores are selling huge bags of fun-sized candy. The haunted houses and cornfield mazes have sprung up.

What is everyone doing? I realize that a lot of you don't live in a country where Halloween is a thing, but you might just have parties anyway. I'm going to a party that weekend. Since Halloween falls on a Monday, I'll be at home in the evening, watching classic horror movies and handing out candy. I hand out full-sized candy bars.

My costume is all ready now. I'm going as the Punisher (from Marvel Comics) so I've got the skull t-shirt, black tactical pants, boots, thigh holster, and M1911 pistol (Airsoft version). I was going to get a trench coat but decided that I'm not going to get much use out of it. If I were living in Chicago or Seattle, maybe. But not Central Texas. I'd just wear it for Halloween and then let it gather dust. Also, I've been working out for the past two months to get into my superhero shape.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Default Re: Halloween 2016

Quote Originally Posted by IronBrig4 View Post
    I hand out full-sized candy bars.

that's the true spirit of Halloween

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I'm going to answer the door dressed in an evil clown costume - upside - plenty more sweets for me - downside, potential lynching by parents.... decisions, decisions

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

I've attended a few Halloween parties and gone trick-or-treathing when I was younger, but that's about it. I have no plans this year - I'll probably be working. It's just not a big deal in Australia. October 31st is actually my parents' wedding anniversary.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

What's the deal with evil clowns as of late.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I reckon it has something to do with the upcoming US presidential elections.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    What's the deal with evil clowns as of late.
    There's a thread for that in the Mudpit. Long story short, it's been a stressful year for many Americans so they're freaking out over everything.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks