View Poll Results: For what factions have you played a campaign (for more than a few turns)?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senatus Populusque Romanus

45 54.22%
  • Safot Softim biQarthadast

33 39.76%
  • Makedonia

29 34.94%
  • Koinon Hellenon

26 31.33%
  • Epeiros

16 19.28%
  • Arche Seleukeia

23 27.71%
  • Ptolemaioi

18 21.69%
  • Baktria

25 30.12%
  • Hayastan

18 21.69%
  • Pontos

16 19.28%
  • Pahlava

19 22.89%
  • Aedui

9 10.84%
  • Aruernoi

11 13.25%
  • Pritanoi

15 18.07%
  • Leusitane

7 8.43%
  • Sweboz

13 15.66%
  • Getai

17 20.48%
  • Saba'u wa-gawwum

14 16.87%
  • Saka Rauka

9 10.84%
  • Sauromatę

10 12.05%
  • Mamla'ha biMassylim

12 14.46%
  • Pergamon

15 18.07%
  • Taksashila

10 12.05%
  • Lougiones

8 9.64%
  • Kimmerios Bosporos

18 21.69%
  • Areuakoi

14 16.87%
  • Boioi

13 15.66%
  • Malkuta Nabatu

7 8.43%
  • Eleutheroi (through modding)

1 1.20%
  • I don't play campaigns.

0 0%
  • I haven't played the mod, but do browse this subforum.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Informal poll on played faction campaigns.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Icon5 Informal poll on played faction campaigns.

I was wondering what factions get the most and least playtime in the mod, since I have the impression that it's Rome, Carthage or the Hellenistic factions that get picked most often. As such, I have created an (informal) poll to get some numbers on this as a personal initiative.The poll allows voting on several entries, is anonymous and will end in 30 days. The results will be revealed afterwards, but will remain hidden until then so they don't influence voting. For the purpose of getting some accurate data: I'd like the votes to only include campaigns that have lasted for a substantial amount of time. This doesn't mean that the campaign has to be finished, only that it wasn't abandoned after a couple of turns or only fired up for a short test.

Feel free to also give some feedback on what you like and don't like about certain factions' campaigns, but this isn't the main purpose of the poll, I'm going for statistical analysis here.

My thanks for your time and attention.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; October 15, 2016 at 05:31 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Default Re: Informal poll on played faction campaigns.

aruernoi have a stressful start but lots of fun

Almost every faction - I hate the starting economy
    All that debt is very unpleasant to see, and it leads to blitzing in order to fix the situation.

Main ones (basically played it more than 250 turns or something)

Roman, Ptolemaioi and Pergamon.

Others (between 100-250 turns)

Boii, Epeiros, Carthage, Saba, Pritanoi.

On next patch i'll probably play Baktria.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    All that debt is very unpleasant to see, and it leads to blitzing in order to fix the situation.
    yes. if you get really unlucky with devastation you are arbitrarily set back 20+ turns which necessitates a restart, i wish we could think of a more elegant way to implement a challenge in the early game. blitzing always feels sort of like powergaming

2.2b:

Saba (500+ turns)
    SPQR (250+ turns)

Planned:

Pritanoi (to test a submodlet of mine, basically to monitor the map from a safe distance rather than play in earnest)

2.2c (pending release):

Areuakoi
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Nobody likes Saka Rauka

I have a Saka campaign on the go. More than any other campaign it is one that rewards a detailed study of the geography of the wider region and the risks and rewards of expanding into various territories. The Lougiones campaign almost matches it for this in that their brother tribes stretch out in various directions around them awaiting unification or offering refuge. The Lougiones are also great for role-playing, as they it is essentially a militia army attracted to follow charismatic strongmen. In both cases knowing the land you inhabit like the back of your hand is vital to survival. I like this. It reflects the knowledge of the wider world that was always the nomads' treasure and the city-settlers' loss. And it is pleasingly precarious, always on the brink of disaster.

I just realised, the only faction I've played for longer than about 30 turns is Epeiros, and at least half of those were migration games.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Nobody likes Saka Rauka
    I played as Saka for many turns, it was difficult, but I managed to conquer the lands I wanted before quitting.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

I've played the Saka many a time.

I ing forgot to tick off Hayasdan in the list though--I've played several longer Hai campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Wait a second, you're telling me that the real Seleucid King DIDNT have to sell his fleet, elephants and most of his army?

What is this? The History channel?

What? People do not like starting economics? I absolutely LOVE those that bring me into a long debt. Thats challenging & fun to play. Thats why I was not able to play more than 30 turns with Rome and Carthage - they are simply too easy and too boring (I regret this as I would love to try out their units etc). Other than that I played more than 30 turns with every hellenistic faction plus Pontos, Hai, Saka Rauka. It is not like I do not like barbarians but hellenes are priority. After patch I think I will give Arevacii a try
    EBII fan appeal: The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] is in dire need of YOUR HELP RIGHT NOW! - Dear modders, please get in touch HERE!

also:

JOIN PETITION OF REMOVING HARDCODED LIMITS

LET CA HEAR YOU !

Why are results hidden?

@hlid Yup. There must be a better way.
    @romanius Weird, I know
    @rail It's not a challenge at all. You just keep fighting until you're out of the red. Annoying and unpleasant, that's what it is. Instead of actually trying to develop my country, I am forced to fight the AI at its most weakest state.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Why are results hidden?
    Objectivity of the poll; the results will remain hidden until November 14th, so they don't influence voting, though I may reveal the results earlier if no more votes have been cast for a while.

Also, my thanks to the 36 people who have voted so far.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Objectivity of the poll; the results will remain hidden until November 14th, so they don't influence voting, though I may reveal the results earlier if no more votes have been cast for a while.

Also, my thanks to the 36 people who have voted so far.
    sweboz are winning obviously, right? obviously

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Mostly Carthage and Pergamon.

Would it be better if you didn't "have" to sell fleets and elephants at the start of the game but started without them and in just as much debt? Would people feel better about that? The debt doesn't lead to desertions or infrastructure crumbling, as it would in real life. Playing as Seleucids I don't sell anything. After a few turns securing Tarsus, Antioch and Damascus, my elephants are gone anyway and at least they've been put to good use.

My problem with debt economies isnt the challenge. I like the early game challenges.
    Its the fact that you always end up playing the same way for lots of turns more or less. There has to be a better way to make the early game more dynamic through quests or something like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast