Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GTCS - Generals' Traits' Common Sense fix (for 0.9.2)

Default Re: GTCS - Generals' Traits' Common Sense fix

Oh ok thanks! Speaking of the code, isn't also a problem with the ChivalriousLegacy? The first trait has a threshold of 5, I think it should be 1, right?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Menqel View Post
    Oh ok thanks! Speaking of the code, isn't also a problem with the ChivalriousLegacy? The first trait has a threshold of 5, I think it should be 1, right?
    Yes indeed, good bug-spotting!

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Is this savegame compatible?

Yes, it is save-compatible in the sense that:
    - it won't make CTDs,
    - the new triggers for the traits will fire,
    - when the new levels of traits will be gained then the new lower-level benefits will be subtracted and the new higher-level benefits will be added,
    - the new descriptions of the traits will appear immediately.

The caveat is:
    - after application of the submod the characters will have the new descriptions of the benefits but in-game the characters will still have the old benefits.

For instance, consider a following situation.
    I. A trait in the old version would give 2 levels:
    AverageGuy: +2 Chivalry GoodGuy: +4 Chivalry
    and this submod modifies it that the levels give:
    AverageGuy: +1 Chivalry, +1 morale GoodGuy: +1 Chivalry, + 2 Morale.
    II. Your general has the AverageGuy level.
    III. After application of the submod, he will still have effectively +2Chiv, but the description will say "+1Chiv, +1 morale"
    IV. When he gains the second level, only the difference changes, so he will have "+2Chiv, +1morale", while the description will say "+1Chiv, +2morale".

However, I don't think it's a huge problem and I used always newer versions of the submod over my games, and this was not misleading.

Any news on a new update for this @Jurand?

JoC_traits_mods.zip

This is an update containing some work on the submods:
    - Education of Generals
    - GTCS (money traits, personality traits etc.)
    - Princess fix (concerning NoComingBack bug)
    - Loyalty (fix of Near / Far Loyalty, and also VineFynn fix of the usurper mechanics)

The two reported issues (legacy and coward) are fixed.

cheers
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 09, 2018 at 02:10 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hi Jurand, do you mind if I use your mod as a base for a roleplay mod? I want to focus on settlement and ancillary triggers to guide the development of generals (eg. brothel line vs monastery line for drink/sobriety, girls/prim, etc; monk ancillary providing -drink, -girls triggers, etc.). I like many of the changes you've made and appreciate the work on eliminating NoGoingBack. It would save me some time to work from GTCS instead of regular SSHIP

Hi Charles,
    I obviously don't mind. Feel free to use it.
    But maybe you can post here some code and explanations for the triggers when you do them?
    Besides, be aware that there're many strange things in the EDCT. As an example, a few mistakes in the code for the Priests that I've spotted while working recently on the new update:
    - there's a trait for them "Corrupted", but in the triggers for "Corrupt" was used (a trait reserved for family), so it was a dead part;
    - some traits didn't exist (eg. HeresyImmunityNonCatholic), but the triggers for them - yes. (actually, there's a trait Heresy_Immunity_NonCatholic)
    - there;re problems with "Heresy_Immunity_AI" trait resulting in a dead mechanism.
    - the "Unorthodoxy_Bonus_AI" were not present in the triggers.

Thanks!

Interesting, I would have thought those triggers without traits would produce an error (I've gotten quite a few from typos). I will definitely be working with priests, so I'll let you know what changes I make. Currently I'm working on faction-based WifeIs traits, to give something more interesting than the +1 to local popularity. I'll start a thread with my proposed bonuses.

Actually, I've redone all the priests' traits. You may find it in an easy way in the file.

Concerning WifeIs: as I see in the EDCT, there're many such traits, so I don't really know what you want to achieve. Maybe you thought about "Relations"?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, the WifeIs traits are applied to a general upon marriage to a faction princess. The thread is up if you want to have a look.

Edit 1: I like what you've done with organizing the EDCT. One thing I noticed the religious traits for generals is in the "religions of wifes" subsection (by the way, the plural of "wife" in English is "wives"; don't ask why). These are Trait Muslim/Catholic/Orthodox/Pagan. I think they are applied when bribing an enemy general of another faith.

Edit 2: Oops, I was mistaken, those religious traits are applied when marrying high-charm Muslim ladies :p Guess that makes sense, though the traits themselves apply to generals

side note: I can't seem to find the edit button for my posts
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 21, 2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

You need to reach 25 posts to be able to edit your posts. I'm merging your 3 posts above for clarity
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Is this `Mini-mod` included in v0.9.2/v0.9.5?

It's not included. However, AFAIK, my the submods are still compatible with the 095 - the only difference is that if you apply the PTF, you won't get the changes to the crowns mad in 095 (I actually don't know what they consist of, they're not aligned with my few ideas put here).

Jurand you continue improving your submods? And in a possible next version of sship you will include your submod?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Can I have this along the Provincial Titles fix? Cause both of them edit export_vnvs.txt

Guys, just to give you know: this minimod is included in the SSHIP 096 and the work continues. For instance, I've recently worked a lot on the economic traits, and the results for the GoodMiner will be as follows:

;--------- Miner ------------------------------------
    ;-- levels(points) 1(1),2(3),3(5),4(8),5(12)
    ;-- only on-the-job experience: mines must be present, general has to stay in the province and end movement in the settlement
    ;-- minimum requirement is FitForOffice, but for many traits also positive Intelligenceand
    ;-- some other traits and presence of certain buildings will also help
    ;-- no difference between castle and city
    ;-- also Teenagers get the points
    ;--
    ;-- How many points is collected in 10 years (20 turns):
    ; any general: 1.0
    ; Intelligent: 1.0
    ; Genius: 2.0
    ; Energetic NotMarried 1.0
    ; Mathematical 0.4
    ; Admin Education 1.0 / 2.0 / /3.0 / 5.0
    ; Advanced/Master Pagan 1.0 / 2.0
    ; Master Military Education 1.0
    ; NotMarried with University 1.0
    ; NotMarried with Explorers/Masons Guild 1.0
    ; Scholar with Library 0.2
    ; Crusader/Jihad history (unlikely) 2.0
    ; finished building mines (rarely) 1.0 (the only with 100%) + 0.5 + 0.1 - doubles for Intelligent
    ;
    ; that makes:
    ; intelligent MilMind: 2.0
    ; Standard educated AdminMind: 4.0
    ; Master educated AdminMind in a developed city: 8.0
    ; the brightests: 12.0
    ; event of building mines: 1.6 for any, 3.2 for Intelligent

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: GTCS - Generals' Traits' Common Sense fix (for 0.9.2)

I really appreciate that your work is now included in version 0.9.6 of SSHIP! Please continue to improve this mod!

Default Re: NEW VERSION - August 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    ... questions we're looking for the answers to are, among others, as follows:

[I] Traits: number of the battles / of years as governor - does you check it, or you'd consider it redundant
    I just realised I've never had a years as governor trait in my saves. I had to check the code, and it looks like the governor needs to have > 95 moving points left for a turn to count onto their governor year counter. I've always moved all the governors exactly two tiles away from the settlement and then back each turn, because I've been under the impression that not moving governors can more easily give them bad traits. Is > 95 MPs left at the end of a turn one tile away from the settlement, or not moving at all?

Number of battles on the other hand I've kept track of very carefully. It gives the player incentive to use different generals in battles to help them not easily gain negative traits. And also use specific generals more, if you want to boost their authority and military skills.

I know the instructions speak about how to groom a governor. Either I must've read hastily, or the years as governor trait could possibly be opened a bit more in the instruction, i.e. not to move the governor at all to gain experience over the years? So as the instruction says, fight battles when the governor is young, and then move him to govern, and keep him sitting tight as much as possible. If it's already clearly told, I need to start reading more carefully :-)

With older generals at the beginning of campaign it's hard to gain them battle experience to shield from bad traits, if not moving at all. Take Uilleam Dun Chailleann of Scotland as example: I've set him to govern Aberdeen, and as I needed battle experience for Dabid and Eanric, I used them to beat the two initial rebel armies around Scotland. Now Uilleam is in his forties without battle experience; can I keep him sitting tight in Aberdeen without getting bad traits to gain years as governor?

Default Re: NEW VERSION - August 10th

Quote Originally Posted by vovery View Post
    I just realised I've never had a years as governor trait in my saves. I had to check the code, and it looks like the governor needs to have > 95 moving points left for a turn to count onto their governor year counter. I've always moved all the governors exactly two tiles away from the settlement and then back each turn, because I've been under the impression that not moving governors can more easily give them bad traits. Is > 95 MPs left at the end of a turn one tile away from the settlement, or not moving at all?
    Requiring the player to move each general each turn would be too micro-management-inducing. I tried to eradicate such mechanisms from the code. If a general doesn't move at all, there'll be a chance to get something negative only after a few turns, and these are balanced by the possibilities to get something positive. Plus "moving" means "leaving the region".

;--------------------------------------------------------
    Trigger TK_Sitting_Around_with_Jousting_Lists_Everybody
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsGeneral
    and RemainingMPPercentage > 95
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= jousting_lists
    and Trait FitForOffice > 1
    and Trait Coward < 1
    and Trait HaleAndHearty > 4
    and CharacterReligion catholic

Affects TourneyKnight 1 Chance 5
    ;----------------------------------------------
    Trigger GoodTaxman1_HighTax_LoyaltyPiety WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement
    Condition GovernorTaxLevel >= tax_high
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel = loyalty_happy
    and TimeInRegion > 1
    and Attribute Chivalry < 6
    and Attribute Loyalty > 5
    and Attribute Piety > 5
    and Attribute Authority > 0
    and Trait Senile < 1
    and Trait MilitaryInclination < 1

Affects GoodTaxman 1 Chance 10
    ;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger Sitting_Around_Adult_STABLES WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsGeneral
    and RandomPercent > 50
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= stables
    and Trait Wantschool < 1
    and Trait Intelligent < 7

Affects Intelligent 1 Chance 2
    Affects LogisticalSkill 1 Chance 2

;--------------------------------------------
    Trigger Sitting_Around_Adult_PRACTICE_RANGE

Condition IsGeneral
    and RandomPercent > 50
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= practice_range
    and Trait Wantschool < 1
    and Trait Intelligent < 7

Affects Intelligent 1 Chance 2
    Trigger Logistics_Poor_StayingAtHome WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
    and CharacterIsLocal
    and TimeInRegion > 10
    and Trait NaturalMilitarySkill < 2

Affects PoorLogistics 1 Chance 2
    ;------------------------------------------ Not building while staying 6 turns: 1%
    Trigger Builder_Not_Building_Uneducated

Condition IsGeneral
    and BuildingQueueIdleDespiteCash
    and TimeInRegion > 5
    and Trait Wantschool < 1
    and RandomPercent > 80

Affects BadBuilder 1 Chance 5
    Affects Drink 1 Chance 2
    Affects Gambling 1 Chance 2
    Affects Slothful 1 Chance 2

or maybe in certain circumstances
    ;-------------------------------------------
    Trigger Xenophobia_Governing_NotHappyForeigners

Condition GovernorLoyaltyLevel < loyalty_happy
    and PopulationOwnReligion < 50
    and not HasAncType GreatAcademic
    and not HasAncType Money
    and IsGeneral

Affects Xenophobia 1 Chance 5

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Xenophilia_Governing_University

Condition IsGeneral
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= university
    and not HasAncType Military

Affects Xenophilia 1 Chance 5
    I have found only one exception, that is:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Coward_In_City_No_Experience

Condition IsGeneral
    and Trait Wantschool < 1
    and Trait CounterOfBattles < 1 ; adult but never commanded a battle
    and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Coward 1 Chance 2

Number of battles on the other hand I've kept track of very carefully. It gives the player incentive to use different generals in battles to help them not easily gain negative traits. And also use specific generals more, if you want to boost their authority and military skills.
    that's right. Even though I had in mind mainly role-playing element :-)

I know the instructions speak about how to groom a governor. Either I must've read hastily, or the years as governor trait could possibly be opened a bit more in the instruction, i.e. not to move the governor at all to gain experience over the years? So as the instruction says, fight battles when the governor is young, and then move him to govern, and keep him sitting tight as much as possible. If it's already clearly told, I need to start reading more carefully :-)

With older generals at the beginning of campaign it's hard to gain them battle experience to shield from bad traits, if not moving at all. Take Uilleam Dun Chailleann of Scotland as example: I've set him to govern Aberdeen, and as I needed battle experience for Dabid and Eanric, I used them to beat the two initial rebel armies around Scotland. Now Uilleam is in his forties without battle experience; can I keep him sitting tight in Aberdeen without getting bad traits to gain years as governor?
    yes, I'd say you can. And then, when they'll be a rebel army appearing, you may send him to a battle.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast