Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of scripting effects for Ancillaries and Traits

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: List of scripting effects for Ancillaries and Traits

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlaender View Post
    Too bad we cannot have 5 outgoing trade fleets.
    Hehe, you know that this is our eternal difference in opinions - IMO you may have 3 outgoing fleets. I've seen your pic with 4, but I was never able to replicate it.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hehe, you know that this is our eternal difference in opinions - IMO you may have 3 outgoing fleets. I've seen your pic with 4, but I was never able to replicate it.
    Lol... I can't duplicate it either. I only have 3 now because I use Gigantus' Bare Geomod. I suppose I could look for that old article on how to trick Steam into allowing the use of one of the Kingdom's mod folders to create my mod in, but I don't really care that much. It was a one-off thing and, according to Gigantus, had something to do with Steam merging some files or executables or something.

I stumbled through it the first time and just thought it was weird when everyone said 3 was the maximum number of trade fleets while my game showed 4. I lost all the files to that game because Steam came in and wiped out a lot of stuff. That's why I'm glad I have Bare Geomod. Steam doesn't mess with it (as far as I know).

The answer to this was posted years ago. The game checks the mod folder name and only allows more trade fleets if it matches one of the expansions, e.g. "crusades". Jojo found an additional hard coded difference that depends on the mod folder name. I find it rather disconcerting that someone patched the Steam version of the game in such a lazy way and I'm concerned there are more mod-name-dependent hard coded differences we haven't discovered yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12