Thread: Can I place custom units in starting armies via TWeak?

Default Can I place custom units in starting armies via TWeak?

I know you can edit the startpos.esf to modify starting armies and give them custom units, the only issue is that if I have to make a change to the startpos via TWeak (such as cultures or something), I would have to do all the army placements over again since you can't import/export parts of it like with mods. I want to put custom units I've made onto the campaign map in default armies with TWeak visual editor. Is it possible?

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Can I place custom units in starting armies via TWeak?

Yep, assume you have in your .pack file a unit called Gre_Elite_Sword. Now go to the Assembly kit and create a new record in land_units with Gre_Elite_Sword and then just copy the stats from a random unit. Add it in main_units aswell. Then you need to go to form_launcher and find the faction where you want to add that custom unit, once you found the army you want to give that unit to, in that window where the land units are and then add a new record with that Gre_Elite_Sword with 100% health (make sure it isn't 0% otherwise it won't work), then just enable the .pack file with that unit in your launcher and process startpos

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrosmeister View Post
    Yep, assume you have in your .pack file a unit called Gre_Elite_Sword. Now go to the Assembly kit and create a new record in land_units with Gre_Elite_Sword and then just copy the stats from a random unit. Add it in main_units aswell. Then you need to go to form_launcher and find the faction where you want to add that custom unit, once you found the army you want to give that unit to, in that window where the land units are and then add a new record with that Gre_Elite_Sword with 100% health (make sure it isn't 0% otherwise it won't work), then just enable the .pack file with that unit in your launcher and process startpos
    Can't seem to get it to work. I'm using the old launcher btw.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrazyDude115 View Post
    Can't seem to get it to work. I'm using the old launcher btw.
    Make a copy of data_rome2.pack, put it somewhere safe, uncheck the CA-packs are read only, then add the rows of land units and main units of the unit you have there aswell