Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Preview - The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    This looks great. I like the removal of confederation.
    Yes, the aim with this mod is to hold the Empire together with strong diplomatic efforts, various events and defending the Provinces against common enemies. If you fail, the Provinces will eventually turn on you and start a civil war. Of course you can start war against the empire factions anytime, but you won't be able to single out a faction without the other Provinces reacting accordingly.

Political Dilemma System update:

A small update on the dilemma system and how your choices can lead to various outcomes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One thing that is always lacking in Total War games is diplomacy/political features, vanilla always feels so cut and dry and just tacked on. So in my opinion what you are doing is amazing; kudos. Now for my question, will this work for other empire factions, like say if you play as Middenland would it be possible to become emperor as Boris?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettzi View Post
    One thing that is always lacking in Total War games is diplomacy/political features, vanilla always feels so cut and dry and just tacked on. So in my opinion what you are doing is amazing; kudos. Now for my question, will this work for other empire factions, like say if you play as Middenland would it be possible to become emperor as Boris?
    The first release will heavily focus on Reikland and being the Emperor. I am planning to add other features with later updates as developing everything I want would simply take forever. So the first release will be politics for Reikland only.

Sounds great, really excited to see where you take this mod. I can only imagine how expansive and immersive it will become by the end.

Simply GreatĦĦĦ

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

So excited for this! You're doing great work. Had a few questions.

1) Will this lead to you eventually controlling all the provinces (taking them and their territory over I mean), or will the factions remain on the map as pseudo vassals?

2) If the factions remain on the map as part of the political system then how do we help them maintain their territory, since we are unable to gift cities via diplomacy? And If they are wiped out can we bring them back?

3) If we do not take control of their territories then how will an Empire player maintain a competitive economy/military? Will the player receive tribute as part of the political system?

4) Often other Empire factions will take over the Empire Sessectionist cities before the player can, meaning the player has to either go to war with that faction to avoid being crippled or resort to underhanded tactics to make the faction lose the city. Will there be a way to avoid this?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    The factions are new, they will be additional factions for the GC.
    Awesome. Will they be located all around the map? Or focused around the empire?

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    So excited for this! You're doing great work. Had a few questions.

1) Will this lead to you eventually controlling all the provinces (taking them and their territory over I mean), or will the factions remain on the map as pseudo vassals?

2) If the factions remain on the map as part of the political system then how do we help them maintain their territory, since we are unable to gift cities via diplomacy? And If they are wiped out can we bring them back?

3) If we do not take control of their territories then how will an Empire player maintain a competitive economy/military? Will the player receive tribute as part of the political system?

4) Often other Empire factions will take over the Empire Sessectionist cities before the player can, meaning the player has to either go to war with that faction to avoid being crippled or resort to underhanded tactics to make the faction lose the city. Will there be a way to avoid this?
    1. It is entirely up to you. You can take control over all provinces by military force, but the system will punish you for it. If you kill a faction the Elector will not take part into politics any more.
    2. Yes, it will be possible to liberate dead Empire Factions. As you have said gifting regions is not possible.
    3. Yes, you can receive additional income from the Electors.
    4. The Empire factions will not go to war with the Separatists, additionally the Empire is in constant conflicts with various horde factions.
    a. to keep the player busy maintaining the Empire
    b. to open up ways to expand
    c. to keep the AI Factions busy

Quote Originally Posted by Silvas View Post
    Awesome. Will they be located all around the map? Or focused around the empire?
    The Beastman, Undead and Chaos Warbands will be focused in the Empire. Orcs and Goblins are spread out more across the whole map.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    The Beastman, Undead and Chaos Warbands will be focused in the Empire. Orcs and Goblins are spread out more across the whole map.
    Cool

Is it within the scope of the mod to make other adjustments to startpos?

If you are adding hordes, Heinrich Kemmler should really lead one of the hordes starting near Castle Carcassone, and Azhag should lead a horde starting in Troll Country. Is that something we could eventually see? Or is you strictly focused the Empire experience itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvas View Post
    Cool

Is it within the scope of the mod to make other adjustments to startpos?

If you are adding hordes, Heinrich Kemmler should really lead one of the hordes starting near Castle Carcassone, and Azhag should lead a horde starting in Troll Country. Is that something we could eventually see? Or is you strictly focused the Empire experience itself?
    Right now this is not planned.

Just finished a new feature, now loosing faction leaders will matter.

As long as your faction leader is wounded a negative effect bundle is applied to your faction. This will be a new feature for all factions with individual effects. Vampires Counts will suffer an increase in upkeep and recruitment costs for example to reflect the loss of magical power.

I will do a preview of the new horde factions and how they will spawn and impact your campaign shortly.
    Last edited by Litharion; November 12, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

That's a really clever mechanic, I'm a fan

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Will the release be delayed a bit more with the upcoming DLC?
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Will the release be delayed a bit more with the upcoming DLC?
    Yeah I will probably wait for the next dlc. Otherwise I have to redo the startpos immediately after release.

The new faction icons for 4 greenskins are finished. The other new factions will recycle Icons from other campaigns or rebel factions.

Here is a more in depth preview on how the various new horde factions will work.

In contrast to other factions, the new horde factions don't have a specific starting region assigned to them. At the start of a new campaign the factions are distributed semi-randomly across the map.
    There are various possible starting positions in Bretonnia, the Empire, Sylvania, Kislev and the Southern Realms. Eligible starting positions are heavily focused within the provinces of the Empire.

Additionally all of these factions are eligible to reemerge randomly. In different to the base game, these scripted hordes will grow more and more powerful over the length of a campaign. This includes experience for Generals and number of units, even going up to 2 full stacks.

The reemerging Factions will instantly declare war on the region owner, after they spawn.
    To counter repetitive battles, the army compositions vary heavily depending on the faction. In addition to Savage Orcs and Beastmen, you will encounter Goblin armies, Orc armies, Strigoi Vampires, Rogue Necromancers and Chaos Warbands with a mix of Norcsa and Chaos units.

The horde faction are able to conquer regions based on the regional occupation mechanic of the main game. Undead can settle in human regions and Orcs can settle in mountain holds.

To summarize, these armies will allow you to fight diverse and challenging battles and they reflect the Warhammer Lore as well.

Warhammer Armies: Beasts of Chaos (6th Edition), 2003, p 17

Warhammer Armies: Orcs & Goblins (8th Edition), 2011, p 13

Campaign Preview: The Screenshots below showcase how a campaign start might look.

Default Re: The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire (new preview 28/11/2016)

From what've seen in the mod files right now do you think it would be possible to add some type of population system back into the game. Also how much programming( general or lisp specific) did you need in order for you to do this?

Default Re: The Empire of Man - a political system for the Empire (new preview 28/11/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombiz View Post
    From what've seen in the mod files right now do you think it would be possible to add some type of population system back into the game. Also how much programming( general or lisp specific) did you need in order for you to do this?
    Take a look at the People of Rome 2 mod for TW Rome 2. You basically need something similar for Warhammer TW.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast