Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Endless War - campaign gameplay overhaul (new preview 24/12/2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carstein View Post
    This looks mind-blowingly fantastic!!! Amazing job! Looking very forward to this gem I just have one question. Is there any chance that campaigns of the old world works with your mod? There are certain aspects in that mod that I really love so I wanna know if it could cause problems to have
    Use both
    It is very likely that both mods will work fine together.

As another unique secondary currency Gromril will be introduced for all Dwarfen factions. There are two ways to gain Gromril, you can either construct Gromril mines in the province of Zhufbar or you can send your master engineers out to search for the rare material. The most elite units of the Dwarfs will require Gromril to be recruited.

The screenshot below summarizes the core mechanics Gromril adds to the Game.

Terrific! I believe I read at some point that your mod will not be compatible with mods that change the LUA file. I use Rise of the Beastmen (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=819127007) which does change the required.lua file. It simply turns beastmen into the threat they are suppose to be in the early stages of the campaign and it gives all factions in the empire, southern realms and bretonnia a common enemy at the beginning. Also they have almost maxed out armies and a high spawn rate, but not too high. Only so much that they stay as a constant threat.

Now my question is, can you tell us what plans you have for the beastmen and/or if you are planning on giving them something like an early game "chaos invasion" event? Have you considered seperating the beastmen LLs into their own factions, like warherd of the crowfather/one-eye/shadowgave?

Also I love the idea with the new dwarf currency and how it works.

This mod looks very promising! Make the Empire great again! We're gonna build a wall and make Beastmen pay for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carstein View Post
    Now my question is, can you tell us what plans you have for the beastmen and/or if you are planning on giving them something like an early game "chaos invasion" event? Have you considered seperating the beastmen LLs into their own factions, like warherd of the crowfather/one-eye/shadowgave?
    Maybe they should contact Crynsos and work with him, as he's done a faction unlocker/overhaul changing the starting positions of many Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Leri_weill View Post
    This mod looks very promising! Make the Empire great again! We're gonna build a wall and make Beastmen pay for it!

Maybe they should contact Crynsos and work with him, as he's done a faction unlocker/overhaul changing the starting positions of many Lords
    There will be about 30 new AI factions added to the grand campaign. The spawn mechanics are completely reworked already. There will be more Beastmen, Orcs, Goblins and even Undead and smaller Chaos mixed Beastmen Hordes.

Fantastic! I canīt wait for this mod to come out I donīt think Iīve ever been this excited about one.
    Keep up the good work!

Hi again! I got another question Since the Bretonnia patch is coming I was wondering, do new updates to the game become an obstacle or do they add material to work with during the modding process? I imagine there are some interesting things you and other modders can do with the new campaign additions coming for Bretonnia!

Not sure how they will/could put the Chivalry thing to use for another faction right now, but I'm certain there's something to be done with it
    Are you moving the Fay Enchantress fro Carcassonne (What the hell ?) to the main Bretonnian faction ?

Hmm yeah not exactly copy pasting chivalry But idk, maybe using it in a different way like the greenskins waagh resource is simply a modified version of the asraiīs amber system

And wait, wut? Why would he do that? I think Fay Enchantress should stay in Carcassonne. Adds more to replayability and I like the fact that three different regions have their own LLs.

Oh which brings me to this,Litharion, do you have any plans for the wood elves? I am mostly happy with how they currently work, but the amber system just feels a bit unfitting to their lore since they donīt go out conquering settlements for amber in the lore as far as I know. Of course this isnīt anything in need of drastic change, like I said, Iīm mostly satisfied with their gameplay, but Iīd also be excited if you have any plans for them

Yeah it is always exciting to explore possibilities after new game features were added to the base game.

Right now I don't know if it is possible to port the peasant mechanic to other factions.

The first priority after each patch is to get the mod up and running.

Regarding Chivalry, it is basically a heavily modified amber system. As for the Wood Elves, the current system is indeed a bit of from my point of view. I am unsure how to improve it and there is not current concept for it.
    Last edited by Litharion; February 25, 2017 at 11:10 AM.

The thing is, I have no idea where in the lore it states anything about the importance of amber, otherwise itīd be easier to think of an alternative mechanic imo.
    But I thought maybe their campaign mechanic could revolve more around killing beastmen hordes and that would work great with your mod since you have added so many hordes.
    And with amber, idk, if there were simply a differet way from gaining amber or gaining somekind of steady income of amber only from athel loren (like getting 2 amber from each province in athel loren per turn or something like that), this way the player isnīt forced to go out to conquer provinces to gain amber and there could be other benefits from seeding a settlement and youīd really only settle in isolated areas where you want to build an outpost.

Idk itīs just an idea.

And you know, you could increase the amber cost requirement of the oak of ages so the campaign lasts longer, like that youīd need 300 Amber in the end to upgrade the oak to tier 5.

Could you a crusade mechanic for the Bretonia factions? Something like taking a settlement or fighting a faction? And all the bretonnia factions join in as well. Not sure if its possible though. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    Could you a crusade mechanic for the Bretonia factions? Something like taking a settlement or fighting a faction? And all the bretonnia factions join in as well. Not sure if its possible though. Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Definetly I will look into, I have no idea if it is possible.

As for the first release, we are close to getting the startpos up and running perfectly with our changes again.

Hi, Litharion. This mod looks amazing in its concept. I don't have nearly the modding experience that you have, and am not very good at scripting, but I would be glad to help with some effects editing or if you want to create any unique buildings or edit building effects (I also have a mod the pretty extensively rebalances building effects that you could include in this one if you want to). I am currently working on trying make Amber work more like chivalry so that Wood Elves don't have to conquer the entire map to win, as well, and will let you know if I find that works well.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    Definetly I will look into, I have no idea if it is possible.

As for the first release, we are close to getting the startpos up and running perfectly with our changes again.

perhaps it would be possible to add in the wagggh mechanic for the bretonnians. Also, if it is possible, maybe you could use the "attack target" function in the diplomatic menu and, perhaps, increase the likelihood for that faction to actually attack.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some. ”

I don't think adding yet another waaagh mechanic to another faction is a good idea. I'd rather go with the latter but that's just my opinion.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

So excited for this! Though I feel like Bretonnia's character trait system should be game-wide.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

^
    Absolutely agree 110%. Their trait system just feels mandatory for all factions. Even if not in this mod, I really hope someone creates a mod for that in the near future.

Hey Litharion,

First up..amazing work. No wonder you DEI guys win so many awards, this is incredible.

However it presents me with a problem that I'm hoping you might be able to help me solve. I play with a custom start pos of my own creation that moves some LL's around the map and makes things a little more interesting, spreading the power/love across more factions than vanilla. I build this in the assembly kit and as yet have not found an obvious way to load an old version back into the kit when it gets updated, starting from scratch (sort of, it does give me the yellow...we 'fixed' these fields markers). Which is where the problem lies. Now I've seen this mod I'm not sure I will be able to play without it, especially as it grows in the future...however I don't see any way that I can seemingly combine yours with mine.

So do you know any way I might be able to do this?

Thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast