Thread: night battles and fight more then one battle per turn

Default night battles and fight more then one battle per turn

what you think about night battles ? historical ,not historical ,cheat ?
    and fight more then one battle per turn per army ? historical ,not historical ,cheat ?

Default Re: night battles and fight more then one battle per turn

Well, one turn in EBII = 3 months. So if you fought 3 battles in one turn you could say your army was fighting one battle each month for 3 months. I don't think that's particularly unrealistic. Uncommon, sure, but not unrealistic. I bet some army, somewhere in the EBII time frame, fought 3 battles in 3 months.

I don't know if night battles are historical/realistic. I don't recall ever reading about any. Night time was usually a time for a surprise attack on an enemy camp, or storming a city gate which has been opened from the inside. So basically sneak attacks. I've never heard of two armies drawing up and having a night time battle - usually they fought in the day and retired at night (though some battles were so fierce they carried on after dark). For this reason I don't use night battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    Well, one turn in EBII = 3 months. So if you fought 3 battles in one turn you could say your army was fighting one battle each month for 3 months. I don't think that's particularly unrealistic. Uncommon, sure, but not unrealistic. I bet some army, somewhere in the EBII time frame, fought 3 battles in 3 months.
    So some malus for already had fight major battle in that turn would sound realistic .

I don't know if night battles are historical/realistic. I don't recall ever reading about any. Night time was usually a time for a surprise attack on an enemy camp, or storming a city gate which has been opened from the inside. So basically sneak attacks. I've never heard of two armies drawing up and having a night time battle - usually they fought in the day and retired at night (though some battles were so fierce they carried on after dark). For this reason I don't use night battles.

now i remember that i saw on a documentary about Gaugala that Alexander was outnumbered then asked Parmenios what would you ? Parmenios Replayed : attacked at night to hide our numbers... then Alexender said its disgraceful lets attack at day.
    Last edited by betto; October 08, 2016 at 06:14 PM.

For me, it's a necessity. I get post battle CTDs if I fight two AI armies at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    For me, it's a necessity. I get post battle CTDs if I fight two AI armies at once.
    which cpu gpu you have ?

i have a i5 2500 and amd 6900 and that dont happen to me . they are getting old i know.

Night battles are totally ahistorical. They were a virtual unknown before the modern era of nightvision equipment; the fall of darkness meant the end of hostilities. Many a general forced a "draw" by simply holding out until dusk.

Night raids, on the other hand, were a different thing, but that wasn't the mass movement of thousands in opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Not if you wait 15 seconds before clicking to return to campaign map

Not if you wait 15 seconds before clicking to return to campaign map
    Nope, still happens. I counted
    @betto - battle works fine, it's when I end it goes messy.