Thread: palmyrene horse archers

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default palmyrene horse archers

In the mod, palmyra lack of a real armored horse archer troop.
    Palmyrene army was mainly cavalry, supported by missile infantry.
    heavy infantry like the rest of some roman legions, and the palmyrene legionaries, (palmyra heavy infantry) were used mainly for garrison duty, and for sieges.
    at least possibly.
    but in the mod there are only arab light horse archers. palmyra lack of demi-cataphract horse archers, like persians have. and armenians too i guess.
    some dev's would discuss of that? just for know what do you think.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: palmyrene horse archers

I noticed that the Romans have access to horse archers with eastern-style armour (in the English translation they don't have a unit name or anything, but they're pretty decent in battle) so perhaps these could be made more available for Palmyra?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

yes. equites saggittarii too they have.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

In the Imperial Crisis 3 at Palmyra will be able to hire Osroene's riders and the Armenian horse archers. (I read about Palmyra - heavy cavalry, the Arabian dart-throwers on camels, and foot archers.)
    Last edited by asterion2005; October 19, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

Equites mauri et osroeni (part of gallienus comitatus togethet with equites dalmatae. There was also anunit named equites mauri dalmatae. But like for mameluks of napoleon, i guess some of these names mean fighting style more than ethnies. Osroene, parthi, saracen, etx was estern ofc. But mauri dalmatae i guess was an illyrian cavalry fighting like numidians, something like equites scutarii.). Equites parthi, pedites mayuri, saracen archers and horse archers, these units was feared.much by germans. They was scared.by eastern/african missiles troops. Indeed severians done largely use of these troops on rhine and damube. Maximinus trax too. (tough they would kill him. They was loyal to alexander severus). Lanciarii too. Pedites mauri and lanciarii, with syrian archers, osroeni, etc was used with large success in germany.