Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2 (included in 097+)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2

Ok, no problem, I was just wondering. Thanks for the answer. I guess that we can leave it as it is for now for that particular point
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Found another error. In Bologna you become Duke of Pentapolis. The Pentapolis were 5 bizantine-ruled cities in Italy during 700 AD, and they had nothing to do with the city of Bologna.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi kaiser29,
    if you care, you can make a list of the settlements in Italy+around and find the right names for their rulers/governors/leaders for 12th century. They should be universal, so that a HRE Kaiser can award them, and also a Hungarian king, and also a Pisan leader. You may also find their right coat of arms (I've just learnt that the Ragusa coa at that time was probably different from the modern version we are using in-game, look at the map). Also the descriptions of what the regions were famous for would be helpful (even if I have much information about Italy. Short Oxford History of Italy, inter alia, is on my shelf, it's really great).
    Then I may update my submod - I'd have a look at the benefits, make the adjustments with balancing, and implement them into the submod.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 29, 2016 at 03:13 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

About Coat of Arms, have a look on that site: http://wappenwiki.org/index.php/Main_Page
    Not all of them are in but that might help
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

hi JoC, I'll upload my findings here now and then, when I have some time.

Some errors:
    - the region in Anatolia is not Capadoccia, but Cappadocia (two P and one C)
    - I've never heard of a Marquis of Toscana. The majority of the cities in Toscana were independent Comuni
    - the region of Ancona cannot be Spoleto. Spoleto is in Umbria (Central Italy). I would suggest the region of Marche
    - in the description for Doge of Venezia, it's not Senatori, but Senatore

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Definitely gonna use this, along with my submod. Nicely done!

Hi just wondering, has anyone noticed that when playing as the fatimids, upon capturing Tripoli, a general with no prior land title is unable to take the "Lord/Caliph of..." title for this area? Or is this just a bug with my version. (Unsure if this is a faction specific, or general issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerbrad View Post
    Hi just wondering, has anyone noticed that when playing as the fatimids, upon capturing Tripoli, a general with no prior land title is unable to take the "Lord/Caliph of..." title for this area? Or is this just a bug with my version. (Unsure if this is a faction specific, or general issue)
    Hi Boxerbrad,
    as you can see in the first entry, I've managed to fix only a (small) number of the provincial titles.
    I suspect the Tripoli Lord doesn't work at the moment - it's the settlment-specific, not faction or general issue. It'll be fixed sometimes in future - thank's for the info.
    JoC

In the initial entry I've written about the pic for "Smolensk (well, replacement is for sure not perfect, since it’s a gun, so even if it’s traditional, it’s a later tradition, I'd like to change it in future)". I'm thinking about changing it into a bear from Vytautas coa, which - as I've just read in Alfredas Bumblauskas book - was taken to signify his rule over Smolensk.

Blog Entries

A bear would certainly be better than a gun for the game period

A small update done - see the first post.

Blog Entries

Keep it up

Great new version! Continue improving!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

Thanks a lot Jurand.

about this...
    "Keep in mind that there're agents "priests" (bishops, cardinals), so ecclesiastical titles (Archbishop of something" cannot be used even if in many cases they'd be pertinent (like Archbishop of Estergom or Archbishop of Trier)".

you know that i would like represent in the game with some tittle for them(WHEN YOU HAVE TIME AND IF IS POSSIBLE) the 2 most important religious figures in middle ages after the Pope...
    -The Echumenic Patriarch of Constantinople
    -The Great Khalipha of Baghdad

here my ideas about this, i know that other mods have these figures and they are very important

"could make a only trait or ancillarie for the great imam of Baghdad, ''the great khalifa of Baghdad'', only possible be obtain in Baghdad and for imams with 7 of piety,thats its increase plus 3 piety and other abilities for make a powerful imam for muslims, so possible and if nobody conquest Baghdad, this traits or ancillarie would be for abbasieds imams...
    Same or similar to priest in Constantinople, a orhodox patriarch with 7 or more piety IN constantinople can obtain the title,trait or ancillarie of ''Ecumenic Patriarch of Constantinople'' a important sacred title for orthodox people and possible for all orthodox factions,not only byzantines,but logic would be that at least at the beginning of the game byzantines would have this tittle for his patriarch...so with this you obtain the three more important religious figures in thea middle age(and in the game)
    Only is a idea for represent it, but i think that is very inmersive in thea game obtain this tittle for your faction(abbasies and byzantines at the beginning of the game)that this figures would have 10 of piety and other characters as increase the order,happiness,conversion..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecumenical_Patriarch_of_Constantinople

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_of_the_title

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0009.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	642.5 KB 
ID:	344136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0008.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	634.8 KB 
ID:	344137

Last edited by j.a.luna; March 22, 2017 at 07:27 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi j.a.launa - actually, I don't mod any agents, including priests. This is for a different modder, and for a different submod, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi j.a.launa - actually, I don't mod any agents, including priests. This is for a different modder, and for a different submod, for sure.
    Amm, not is for modder agents, only make new traits or ancillaries for this two figures but ok
    If you need some help with little things how make excels or something similar tell me for help you and save more time
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Ok so for help sship team and in particular to Jurand with minimods for traits and ancillaries, I volunteered and now i bring my 2 cents

Here there a list of settlements of Holy Roman Empire, Scandinavians zones and also Cuman areas with their respective coat of arms and correct ancillaries and images.tga into file "export_descr_ancillaries.txt" and also the correct pictures with their correct settlements names.

First the link with pictures:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And second the list of settlements:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LIST: NAME OF SETTLEMENT - NAME OF ANCILLARY - NAME OF IMAGE

HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE

Lubeka/SettlementName Lubeck/Ancillary king_serdobinskaya/Image king_serdobinskaya.tga

Brandeburg/SettlementName Brandeburg/Ancillary king_cologne/Image king_cologne.tga

Bremen/SettlementName Bremen/Ancillary dearmad_hamburg/Image tokus_hamburg.tga

Hamburg/SettlementName Hamburg/Ancillary dearmad_magdeburg/Image tokus_magdeburg.tga

Coellen/SettlementName Cologne/Ancillary dearmad_ajaccio/Image tokus_ajaccio.tga

Trier/SettlementName Trier/Ancillary dearmad_metz/Image tokus_metz.tga

Frankfurt/SettlementName Frankfurt/Ancillary dearmad_frankfurt/Image tokus_frankfurt.tga

Speyer/SettlementName Speyer/Ancillary dearmad_wroclaw/Image tokus_wroclaw.tga

Basel/SettlementName Basel/Ancillary dearmad_staufen/Image tokus_staufen.tga

Ulm/SettlementName Ulm/Ancillary king_cardiff/Image king_cardiff.tga

Nuromberc/SettlementName Nuremburg/Ancillary dearmad_nuremburg/Image tokus_nuremburg.tga

Regensburg/and SettlementName Ratisbon/Ancillary dearmad_innsbruck/Image tokus_innsbruck.tga

Wien/SettlementName Vienna/Ancillary dearmad_vienna/Image tokus_vienna.tga

Freiberg/SettlementName Freiberg/Ancillary king_mecca/Image king_mecca.tga

Utrecht/SettlementName Utrecht/Ancillary king_groningen/Image king_groningen.tga

Loven/and SettlementName Leuven/Ancillary dearmad_bruges/Image tokus_bruges.tga

SCANDINAVIANS

Oslo/SettlementName Oslo/Ancillary dearmad_oslo/Image tokus_oslo.tga

Bergen/SettlementName Bergen/Ancillary king_bergen/Image king_bergen.tga

Skara/SettlementName Skara/Ancillary king_skara/Image king_skara.tga

Sigtuna/SettlementName Sigtuna/Ancillary king_uppsala/Image king_uppsala.tga

Kalmar/SettlementName Kalmar/Ancillary king_kalmar/Image king_kalmar.tga

Visby/SettlementName Visby/Ancillary king_visby/Image king_visby.tga

Lund/SettlementName Lund/Ancillary king_lund/Image king_lund.tga

Roskilde/SettlementName Roskilde/Ancillary king_hamar/Image king_hamar.tga

Ribe/SettlementName Ribe/Ancillary dearmad_arhus/Image tokus_arhus.tga

CUMANIA

Iassi/SettlementName Iasi/Ancillary dearmad_baia/Image tokus_baia.tga

Sharukan/SettlementName Sharukan/Ancillary king_mensk/Image king_mensk.tga

Azaq/SettlementName Azaq/Ancillary king_azaq/Image king_azaq.tga

Sharkil/SettlementName Sarkel/Ancillary dearmad_sarkel/Image tokus_sarkel.tga

Tmutarakan/SettlementName Tmutarakan/Ancillary king_tmutarakan/Image king_tmutarakan.tga

Saqsin/SettlementName Saqsin/Ancillary king_astrakhan/Image king_astrakhan.tga

Aktobe/SettlementName Aktobe/Ancillary king_jaiksk/Image king_jaiksk.tga

Bolghar/SettlementName Bulgar/Ancillary dearmad_bulgar/Image tokus_bulgar.tga

i hope help with this and continue improving sship mod

Here the .zip file for download the settement list with originals pictures in the game.
    LIST OF SETTLEMENTS.rar
    Last edited by j.a.luna; March 29, 2017 at 07:14 AM. Reason: File update
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Thanks, j.a.luna, for your work! Very useful for me and the submod!

Now the request to the fellow players who know the areas of Skandinavia, Holy Roman Empire and Cumania (today southern Ukraine and southern Russia, some parts also in the other countries, I believe).
    - open the .zip file provided by j.a.luna (or just go to the link on the webpage)
    - have a look the the pics and assess if the pics are historical or if they should be changed into different ones (and if they should, please provide a link to the right one). Take into account the whole period (12-16 centuries) and different factions. The pics should reflect either provinces or the main settlements. You may also have a look here for HRR, and here for Skandinavia.
    Comment also on the quality (in game it's 33x41 pixels, so sometimes less details are better).
    If you feel having the necessary knowledge you may also drop a sentence describing what that province was famour on the issues described at the end of in this entry.

It's the task for those who know the regions but also for the players who would study some webpages on the net (like Wikipedia) and can find out the details.
    After that I'll have the necessary information to further my submod. In modding the PTs I follow the order:
    1. analyse the current situation
    2. gather the needed information
    3. think and write descriptions
    4. count in the Excel benefits and balance between provinces
    5. make modifications in the code in the EDA
    6. change descriptions in the EA.
    cheers
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 29, 2017 at 11:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Rep will be given accordingly of course